Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
I'm bored at work, so I figured I'd put this out now.

Good luck fellow goons. There are a poo poo ton of teams on bye this week.

quote:

:vince: posted:
1) Don't Sit Your Studs. You drafted them high for a reason. Let the player's ADP be your guide for the first 4 weeks or so. Are they putting up a lot of points? Yes? They're studs.
2) Note your scoring settings. Is it PPR? Non-PPR? How many teams? Are there any wacky settings like counting return yards? Be brief but just specific enough for us to get the gist.
3) Present the options as simply and succinctly as possible. Don't write a novella about how you are on the fence about so-and-so because the weather conditions are yappity-yap and the guy defending him has a fungal infection. Get to the loving point so we can give our thoughts and move on.

Teams on bye: Baltimore, Los Angeles, Miami, NY Giants, Pittsburgh, San Francisco

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dxt
Mar 27, 2004
METAL DISCHARGE
Between bad matchups, bye weeks and Bort being bad I have a QB problem this week. Standard scoring:

Rivers @ Den
Bort @ Ten

or drop Bort for:

Wentz @ Dal
Bradford @ Chi
Fitzpatrick @ Cle

Don't want to play a QB against Denver, Bort bad, Wentz has been fading the last couple weeks, Bradford doesn't score a lot of points. Thinking about Fitz, he's been bad but is facing Cleveland.

Butter Hole
Dec 8, 2011

Are we starting Winston this week?

...is it bad if I'm start Winston, Evans, and Jacquizz all on the same team? :tinfoil:

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Butter Hole posted:

...is it bad if I'm start Winston, Evans, and Jacquizz all on the same team? :tinfoil:

Who are you other options at QB? What's scoring? Definitely can't bench Evans and it's not really bad if you start all 3. You just better pray Tampa Bay doesn't lay an egg.

dxt posted:

Between bad matchups, bye weeks and Bort being bad I have a QB problem this week. Standard scoring:

Rivers @ Den
Bort @ Ten

or drop Bort for:

Wentz @ Dal
Bradford @ Chi
Fitzpatrick @ Cle

Don't want to play a QB against Denver, Bort bad, Wentz has been fading the last couple weeks, Bradford doesn't score a lot of points. Thinking about Fitz, he's been bad but is facing Cleveland.

Rivers got 11 in my random ESPN league the week he played Denver. I'd definitely drop Bort for Fitz for this week.

Nadir
Apr 12, 2003

It's only up from here

Butter Hole posted:

I started Luck, TY, and Gore last week and it owned

Go for it

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

1ppr. Should I acquire and start Peyton Barber (TB) v OAK, over Zach Zenner (DEN) @ HOU? I'm desperate for a one-week start RB here, my other starting RB is Bilal Powell. I also grabbed Ty Montgomery, but NFL.com doesn't list him as an RB yet, so I'm having to flex him.

Peyton Barber is backing up Jaquizz, while Zach is backing up Forsett... but also Dwayne Washington and/or Theo Riddick, if either of those guys comes off injury to play this weekend.

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

1/2 PPR Trying to decide WR

Larry Fitzgerald (Ari) @Car
Tyrell Williams (SD) @Den
Allen Robinson (Jax) @Ten

It seems obvious but ARob cannot hold onto the drat ball suddenly. 2 horrible weeks in a row. Williams was a nice waiver pickup but he's playing Denver.

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Sometimes, there's a man, well, he's the man for his time and place. He fits right in there. And that's Jimmy T.

tadashi posted:

1/2 PPR Trying to decide WR

Larry Fitzgerald (Ari) @Car
Tyrell Williams (SD) @Den
Allen Robinson (Jax) @Ten

It seems obvious but ARob cannot hold onto the drat ball suddenly. 2 horrible weeks in a row. Williams was a nice waiver pickup but he's playing Denver.

Carolina has a god awful secondary and some of the Ari receivers are banged up. I would go Larry.

The Zack
Jan 1, 2005

Pillbug
1 PPR TE fun:

Walker v JAX Thursday or
Rudolph @ CHI Monday

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

MrSargent posted:

Carolina has a god awful secondary and some of the Ari receivers are banged up. I would go Larry.

Oh, I should have mentioned, I'm looking to start 2 of those. Arob was supposed to be my WR1...

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Standard scoring. I'm wondering if I sit any of these guys for Devontae Booker if CJ sits.

David Johnson @ Carolina (lmao i ain't sitting him)
Spencer Ware @ Indy
Christine Michael @ New Orleans

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc

pubic works project posted:

Standard scoring. I'm wondering if I sit any of these guys for Devontae Booker if CJ sits.

David Johnson @ Carolina (lmao i ain't sitting him)
Spencer Ware @ Indy
Christine Michael @ New Orleans

I wouldn't

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

I would start any of those three over Booker, even if CJ sat. Ware is the one I'd be most nervous about, on the basis that Jamaal could possibly start taking some snaps, but god Denver's O looked awful on sunday and I would not have much confidence that Booker gets any TDs. Whereas I think Ware certainly gets TDs against Indy. And in non-PPR, TDs seem much more important than PPR scoring.

And I really don't think Charles is gonna play. I'd start Ware over Booker.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

That's what I was thinking, but drat Booker looked good on Monday and the Chargers' defense isn't much better outside of Bosa.

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love
It's the voice of MK Ultra
And you're doing what it wants
.5 PPR Pick 2

Allen Robinson @ TEN
Doug Baldwin @ NO
Kelvin Benjamin v Ari

RAR!
Oct 21, 2005
rabble babble
.5 ppr

Alex Smith @ IND
Marcus Mariota vs JAX

1 RB / Flex

Devontae Booker vs SD
Isaiah Crowell vs NYJ

Jeremy Maclin @ IND

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

RAR! posted:

.5 ppr

Alex Smith @ IND
Marcus Mariota vs JAX

1 RB / Flex

Devontae Booker vs SD
Isaiah Crowell vs NYJ

Jeremy Maclin @ IND

Yes I would go with that.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Leperflesh posted:

1ppr. Should I acquire and start Peyton Barber (TB) v OAK, over Zach Zenner (DEN) @ HOU? I'm desperate for a one-week start RB here, my other starting RB is Bilal Powell. I also grabbed Ty Montgomery, but NFL.com doesn't list him as an RB yet, so I'm having to flex him.

Peyton Barber is backing up Jaquizz, while Zach is backing up Forsett... but also Dwayne Washington and/or Theo Riddick, if either of those guys comes off injury to play this weekend.

Someone help me decide between all my terrible, terrible options

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
All non-PPR.

Assuming Reed is out this week, pick 1 TE

Gary Barnidge v NYJ
Vernon Davis @ Cin

Pick 1 RB and 1 Flex

Jacquizz Rodgers v Oak
Spencer Ware @ Ind

C-Mike @ NO
(Mark Ingram vs Sea)

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Inspector_666 posted:

All non-PPR.

Assuming Reed is out this week, pick 1 TE

Gary Barnidge v NYJ
Vernon Davis @ Cin

Pick 1 RB and 1 Flex

Jacquizz Rodgers v Oak
Spencer Ware @ Ind

C-Mike @ NO
(Mark Ingram vs Sea)

If McCown plays, Barnidge. If not, Vernon Davis. And then Ware and C-Mike.

Mr. McGibblets
Sep 17, 2015

by Deplorable exmarx
Cole Beasley @ Phi
Allen Robinson @ Ten

1 PPR.

icehewk
Jul 7, 2003

Congratulations on not getting fit in 2011!

Mr. McGibblets posted:

Cole Beasley @ Phi
Allen Robinson @ Ten

1 PPR.

As an ARob owner, Beasley.

Booker or JRod, 0.5 PPR?

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Ugh that's tough. Robinson is a better player, but Beasely is flat out playing better, and as such their production so far this year has been substantially similar.

I guess I'd lean slightly in favor of a-rob? But not by much and if you need a floor of at least like 6 points, go with Cole. He's guaranteed some looks and is not dropping balls. A-rob's floor has just been reset as being as little as 3 points in PPR... and that was against Oakland.

Doppelganger
Oct 11, 2002

Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger
Standard scoring flex

ARob @ Ten
Alshon vs Min
JStew vs Ari

gardenald
Jul 23, 2007

In the end, it comes down to throwing one pitch after another, and seeing what happens. With each new consequence, the game begins to take shape.
0.5 PPR, start two:

Jordy Nelson
Marvin Jones
Terelle Pryor
(Randall Cobb?)

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

gardenald posted:

0.5 PPR, start two:

Jordy Nelson
Marvin Jones
Terelle Pryor
(Randall Cobb?)

You have both Jordy and Cobb?

I'd go Jordy and Marvin.

Fentry
Mar 7, 2003

.5 ppr Flex:

Will Fuller vs Det
Ryan Mathews @ Dal
Tyrell Williams @ Den

I'm also extremely dumb and am rostering 3 tight ends:
Julius Thomas @ Ten
Hunter Henry @ Den
Tyler Eifert vs Was

Leaning Eifert currently

Thelonius Van Funk
Apr 7, 2007
Oh boy
My flex is awful this week. I have these three to pick between, 0 ppr

Rishard Matthews v Jax
Eifert v Washington
Clay v NE

I have Rishard in now since the Jacksonville secondary is trash and he just needs one score to be ok for the week. Who knows how much Eifert plays and boy is Buffalo going to suck against the Pats if McCoy is a no-go

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love
It's the voice of MK Ultra
And you're doing what it wants

Leperflesh posted:

Peyton got most of his points last week on a long TD run, he's really just there for when Jacquizz gets tired and is fighting for time as back up with Antone Smith.

Which is to say that it's a crapshoot either way. I think your best hope is that all of Detroits backfield sits this week.

Epi Lepi posted:

.5 PPR Pick 2

Allen Robinson @ TEN
Doug Baldwin @ NO
Kelvin Benjamin v Ari

Someone help me decide which under-performing receivers to start, bold is who I currently am playing.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

Epi Lepi posted:

Peyton got most of his points last week on a long TD run, he's really just there for when Jacquizz gets tired and is fighting for time as back up with Antone Smith.

Which is to say that it's a crapshoot either way. I think your best hope is that all of Detroits backfield sits this week.

Someone help me decide which under-performing receivers to start, bold is who I currently am playing.

I'd start Baldwin for sure against the Saints. And I'd take ARob against the Titans over Benjamin against that Cards D.

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

I'm late to the Ware/Booker talk but I wouldn't sit Ware until we see Charles come back for real.

0PPR
Murray vs JAX
Ware @ IND
Booker vs SD
- Flex.
Gore vs KC
Charles @ IND

BMarsh @ CLE
Hopkins vs DET

Cooks vs SEA

With Cooks I'm worried about the matchup.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Chernabog posted:

I'm late to the Ware/Booker talk but I wouldn't sit Ware until we see Charles come back for real.

0PPR
Murray vs JAX
Ware @ IND
Booker vs SD
- Flex.
Gore vs KC
Charles @ IND

BMarsh @ CLE
Hopkins vs DET

Cooks vs SEA

With Cooks I'm worried about the matchup.

That's exactly who I would go with.

Honore_De_Balzac
Feb 12, 2013

Thelonius Van Funk posted:

My flex is awful this week. I have these three to pick between, 0 ppr

Rishard Matthews v Jax
Eifert v Washington
Clay v NE

I have Rishard in now since the Jacksonville secondary is trash and he just needs one score to be ok for the week. Who knows how much Eifert plays and boy is Buffalo going to suck against the Pats if McCoy is a no-go

I would probably go with Eifert out of that bunch. He wouldn't be back if he wasn't ready to roll. First weeks back are usually a test flight and week 2 he should be more involved.

Pick two for me. .5 ppr

Enunwa, Quincy @CLE
Hurns, Allen @TEN
Jones, Marvin @HOU
Doyle, Jack vs KCC

RTM
May 21, 2001

hewwo!
I have an embarrassment of riches in my 14-team league:

QB: Stafford
RB: Lamaar Miller
WR: AJ Green
Flex: T.Y. Hilton
Flex: Christine Michael
TE: who cares (Vernon Davis)

BE: Spencer Ware
BE: Larry Fitzgerald
BE: Randall Cobb
BE: Devonte Booker
BE: Mike Gillislee

Maybe Ware over Miller? Fitz over Green if Josh Norman starts?

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
Anyone want to talk me back into starting ARob over JMatt tonight in 1PPR?

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

RTM posted:

I have an embarrassment of riches in my 14-team league:

QB: Stafford
RB: Lamaar Miller
WR: AJ Green
Flex: T.Y. Hilton
Flex: Christine Michael
TE: who cares (Vernon Davis)

BE: Spencer Ware
BE: Larry Fitzgerald
BE: Randall Cobb
BE: Devonte Booker
BE: Mike Gillislee

Maybe Ware over Miller? Fitz over Green if Josh Norman starts?

I'd agree with Ware over Miller.

Similar position here. NFL.com standard rules no PPR. Need 3 RBs and 2 WRs

RB

Frank Gore
Spencer Ware
Jacquizz Rodgers

Devontae Booker

WR
Terrelle Pryor
Stefon Diggs

Golden Tate

Last time I benched Pryor it really bit me in the rear end but Detroit seems redidicated to getting the ball to Tate so :shrug:

Quiet Feet fucked around with this message at 19:02 on Oct 27, 2016

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

Quiet Feet posted:

I'd agree with Ware over Miller.

Similar position here. NFL.com standard rules no PPR. Need 3 RBs and 2 WRs

RB

Frank Gore
Spencer Ware
Jacquizz Rodgers

Devontae Booker

WR
Terrelle Pryor
Stefon Diggs

Golden Tate

Last time I benched Pryor it really bit me in the rear end but Detroit seems redidicated to getting the ball to Tate so :shrug:

Booker over Gore

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Gobias Ind. posted:

Booker over Gore

It feels really weird benching Gore with how reliable he's been this season, but yeah, I was thinking that might be a better choice.

But I have no will of my own and need independent confirmation of my choices. :downs:

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
Arob or Larrry Fitz?
Newton or Winston?

Standard scoring.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Sometimes, there's a man, well, he's the man for his time and place. He fits right in there. And that's Jimmy T.

mcmagic posted:

Arob or Larrry Fitz?
Newton or Winston?

Standard scoring.

I would go Fitz since the Carolina secondary is trash and then I would go Newton.

• Locked thread