Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Flaggy
Jul 6, 2007

Grandpa Cthulu needs his napping chair

Grimey Drawer
http://io9.gizmodo.com/blubberella-auteur-uwe-boll-to-retire-from-filmmaking-1788265334

“The market is dead,”

Who is Lowtax going to box now?

http://www.avclub.com/article/uwe-boll-announces-his-retirement-filmmaking-244856

“We have to loving kill the rich,” and simultaneously bragging he has “enough money to play golf ’til I’m dead.”

Flaggy fucked around with this message at 16:06 on Oct 27, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

hollywood output has been so aggressively mediocre over the past few years that it's like he's never left

Jim Barris
Aug 13, 2009
Uwe Boll believes that his movies 'said a point about things' and that they 'deserved to be discussed bigger then they were'. lol. Is English this guys third language or is he really bad at speaking?

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Regardless of his poor english, he is right, Uwe Boll's movies do say a point about things. The point they say is that Uwe Boll is a bad filmmaker

edit: was a bad filmmaker, sorry

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Flaggy posted:

Who is Lowtax going to box now?

Not like he did any boxing in the match with Boll anyway. He just cowered a bunch and got his rear end kicked until he ran away like a scared child

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
Assault on Wall Street was pretty good imo

Ronnie
May 13, 2009

Just in case.
Oh.. so can you not get tax breaks from making films at a loss in Germany anymore? That's a shame.

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
I just realized Uwe Boll looks like a retarded German Matt Damon.

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

rip

null
Feb 19, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
Does Uwe Boll have CTE?

Lord Frankenstyle
Dec 3, 2005

Mmmm,
You smell like Lysol Wipes.
Ohgodno.

So that's it for the Bloodrayne cinematic universe???

DONKEY SALAMI
Jun 28, 2008

donkey? donkey?

lowtax lost the fight but won the war

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Believe In Yrself Betty posted:

uwe boll is probably decently wealthy so I think he won in the end

damn horror queefs
Oct 14, 2005

say hello
say hello to the man in the elevator

CharlestonJew posted:

uwe boll is probably decently wealthy so I think he won in the end

Yes but lowtax's internet cred (his "e-cred") score is still holding strong, whereas boll has none.

Costco still accepts e-cred in exchange for hotdogs right ? ?

BgRdMchne
Oct 31, 2011

I liked him when he was with the Washington Bullets.

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week
I thought he already quit movies, because germany finally got rid of the tax incentives that basically paid for all his lovely films?

JakeP posted:

Not like he did any boxing in the match with Boll anyway. He just cowered a bunch and got his rear end kicked until he ran away like a scared child
lol like you'd have done different? boll practiced boxing a lot more than he practiced film making.

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again
Your face reminds me of a bleak future
Despite the absence of hope
I give you this sacrifice

Lowtax should take up Bill's crown, only instead he makes decent movies based on really lovely games.

Something Awful Films presents: Dontrel the Dolphin

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
in a world, where a man's house is his castle...

"honey, I'm home!"

sometimes what should be most secure

"god, what a great house!" *cracks open a beer*

can be one's..... doom

*beer sprays everywhere*

"god, what is this - some kind of doom house?!?"

DOOM HOUSE '17

GET IN IT

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again

Oh yeah. We can follow it up with a sequel starting Notch.

DOOM HOUSE: SADBRAIN BILLIONAIRE

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
"the body of Marcus 'Notch' Persson was found underneath a pile of wall-dispensed candy last night - police suspect a doom house"

FlimFlam Imam
Mar 1, 2007

Standing on a hill in my mountain of dreams
At least he made Postal before retiring.

Neutrino
Mar 8, 2006

Fallen Rib
I have never seen any of his movies but I use Lowtax's website.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
Why didn't they get Uwe Boll to direct Warcraft?

Commie NedFlanders
Mar 8, 2014

during the fight lowtax gave uwe a refined version of the 5 point palm exploding heart technique except it took a few years to kick in and forced him to retire

update: lowtax actually won the fight

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Jim Barris posted:

Uwe Boll believes that his movies 'said a point about things' and that they 'deserved to be discussed bigger then they were'. lol. Is English this guys third language or is he really bad at speaking?

The first Rampage was one of Uwe Boll's only watchable movies.

I saw part of the second one and holy poo poo. As well as the other movies he started making. Somewhere along the line he went from troll being offensive for kicks to "I wear tinfoil hats and think some mass murder would be a good thing" psycho from what I can tell. Perhaps I'm being unfair but I think he made a few movies like that recently.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Believe In Yrself Betty posted:

Boll retired rich, lowtax is literally begging the forums for money lmbo

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Klyith posted:

lol like you'd have done different? boll practiced boxing a lot more than he practiced film making.

i wouldn't be retarded enough to sign up to box someone who trains in boxing without actually training at all, and even if I was I wouldn't be a cocky rear end hole about it going in like Lowtax was. Dude got humbled and deserved it

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

That's a high quality avatar right there.
Saw "In The Name Of The King" in theaters and it was like being part of an MST3k episode.

Everyone was there for the same reason.

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
this and vine being closed are a double whammy of good news

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC
I'm sad that somebody who puts out such aggressively mediocre content and then gets pissy when he's called out on it by _literally_everybody_ is retiring.

At least we still have Chuck Lorre.

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

JakeP posted:

Not just satisfied with the forum, Lowtax goes to twitter to claim Notch owes him money for minecraft.

Both Uwe Boll and Lowtax are unverified on twitter so I'd say they are equals.

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

JakeP posted:

lol

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC
Problem with this is anybody who defends Lowtax for getting knocked the gently caress out will be accused of white knighting some white guy from Kansas which is literally impossible.

Uwe Boll was the greatest troll of his own career. No loving original thought and took his dumb rear end super serious. At least Lowtax (AND LITERALLY EVERYBODY ELSE WHO ATTENDED AND PARTICIPATED) treated his dumb rear end boxing poo poo with the contempt it deserved. Some massage exercise for his stupid butthurt "nobody likes my lovely films that aren't original and are lovely compared to the original material I've based them on."

e: Uwe Boll is basically Star Wars Kid. The worst you can say about Lowtax et al is they enabled his autistic retard poo poo.

Theophany fucked around with this message at 22:40 on Oct 27, 2016

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

Bloodfart McCoy posted:

Saw "In The Name Of The King" in theaters and it was like being part of an MST3k episode.

Everyone was there for the same reason.

Is that the one where Ray Liotta has those coked up eyes, even more than usual? That was garbo (oh and facelift Burt Reynolds as the king)

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
ive always thought it was a shame that uwe boll latched onto bloodrayne because that had the potential to be way sexier than underworld by a huge margin imo

Flaggy
Jul 6, 2007

Grandpa Cthulu needs his napping chair

Grimey Drawer

Theophany posted:

Problem with this is anybody who defends Lowtax for getting knocked the gently caress out will be accused of white knighting some white guy from Kansas which is literally impossible.

Uwe Boll was the greatest troll of his own career. No loving original thought and took his dumb rear end super serious. At least Lowtax (AND LITERALLY EVERYBODY ELSE WHO ATTENDED AND PARTICIPATED) treated his dumb rear end boxing poo poo with the contempt it deserved. Some massage exercise for his stupid butthurt "nobody likes my lovely films that aren't original and are lovely compared to the original material I've based them on."

e: Uwe Boll is basically Star Wars Kid. The worst you can say about Lowtax et al is they enabled his autistic retard poo poo.

The thing is, Uwe Boll won't retire, he will announce in 6 months that he had decided to come back to same film or some such poo poo.

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
I respect Lowtax because even though he lost at least he got in the ring, and he even got up after a knockdown.

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again

mike12345 posted:

Is that the one where Ray Liotta has those coked up eyes, even more than usual? That was garbo (oh and facelift Burt Reynolds as the king)

Yes, Ray Liotta was the evil coked up mob wizard.

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug
postal is art

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

laserghost
Feb 12, 2014

trust me, I'm a cat.

The one thing that sums best Boll's finesse is that during Alone in the Dark's love scene he picked Youssou N'Dor's "Seven seconds" as a soundtrack. A song about innocence of newborn baby.

Also he made a parody of his own Bloodrayne movies, where Rayne is overweight.

• Locked thread