Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
lil pissbitch
Mar 8, 2015
I have this vague memory of someone once telling me that Milwaukee's Best, aka "The Beast" is best enjoyed when it's warm. They said to me "The Beast: Drink it Warm!"
So a couple things.

1. There is no loving way that's true. I'm currently drinking one now and it's cozily nestled inside of a Yeti Koozie (did you know its spelled like that? I just looked it up and apparently that's it) and the thought of drinking this warm makes me want to blow chunks pre-emptively

2. Has anybody ever tried this?

3. If this is real, from whence did that loving bullshit originate

The can says Milwaukee's Best ICE right on the front...?!

What's going on here guys.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
Do not buy consume or attend anywhere that serves it.

I just gave you one of the best life lessons.

Topographic Nap
Apr 22, 2007

It's union made

Dave_Indeed
Feb 22, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
Shut the gently caress up OP.

Just kidding, no you don't drink milwaukees best warm. Your friend is dumb and so are you for hanging out with them.

You drink a nice german beer at room temperature. Warm beer, Jesus god drat Christ boy.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
This thread is why the ability to tell a person to cause harm to themselves needs to be repealed.

lil pissbitch
Mar 8, 2015

VendaGoat posted:

This thread is why the ability to tell a person to cause harm to themselves needs to be repealed.

I'm already doing harm to myself did you not read the op

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I heard on ice with a straw but I'm a sperg! :v:

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Topographic Nap posted:

It's union made

so is miller

lil pissbitch
Mar 8, 2015

ClamdestineBoyster posted:

I heard on ice with a straw but I'm a sperg! :v:

I convinced a guy to drink beer with ice in it once, he nursed it and really regretted listening to me after about 10 minutes

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
A big problem is that you got the Ice version which has a little more alcohol but tastes considerably worse.

I'm having a 12 pack of the beast right now and it's nice and cold. I have drank it warm many a time before though. But I'm a horrible alcoholic.

Not the beast ice though.

Also, for those not in the Wisconsin area, I bought that 12 pack for $5.50. It's a shittier version of Miller (they make the beast there, I saw it) but not Budweiser lovely. It's a wonderful balance of cost vs taste.

Pennywise the Frown fucked around with this message at 04:53 on Oct 28, 2016

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

lil pissbitch posted:

I'm already doing harm to myself did you not read the op

Ban this sick filth!

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

cool like keith stone

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

lil pissbitch posted:

I convinced a guy to drink beer with ice in it once, he nursed it and really regretted listening to me after about 10 minutes

why?

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

There is no situation where Beast is enjoyed
It's meant as cheap fodder for lovely freshman college parties and nothing more

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I don't understand why people don't just drink liquor and not feel like poo poo. :shrug:

Dave_Indeed
Feb 22, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

lil pissbitch posted:

God drat it.

I'm so mad.

client
Aug 19, 2010

beast is horribly bad and overpriced for a poop tier beer. a true alcoholic knows that steel reserve is the one true choice

lil pissbitch
Mar 8, 2015

Pennywise the Frown posted:

A big problem is that you got the Ice version which has a little more alcohol but tastes considerably worse.

I'm having a 12 pack of the beast right now and it's nice and cold. I have drank it warm many a time before though.

Not the beast ice though.

Also, for those not in the Wisconsin area, I bought that 12 pack for $5.50. It's a shittier version of Miller (they make the beast there, I saw it) but not Budweiser lovely. It's a wonderful balance of cost vs taste.

Oh poo poo I didn't even realize that. Yeah this poo poo is 6.9% ABV. 6.9...the magic number.

When you drank it warm, was that just circumstantial, or specifically because it was The BEast?

naem
May 29, 2011

Bud light (lite?) is as cheap as I'll go and only if it's 1. Free in a backyard or 2. Spontaneous camping gas station big-can-that's-like-two-cans-and-you-chug-it-real-fast-and-burp-and-say-out-loud-GAH-no-why-did-I-blehh and then you have to hike 14 miles

lil pissbitch
Mar 8, 2015

I don't understand why people don't just drink liquor and not feel like poo poo. :shrug:

nah, liquor makes me feel WAY worse in the morning than even the strongest of beers

client posted:

beast is horribly bad and overpriced for a poop tier beer. a true alcoholic knows that steel reserve is the one true choice

I just...i cant anymore. I hosed with it in college but now I cant.

He was a very impressionable fellow. Also a goon!

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

client posted:

if your gonna go in that direction then go Hurricane

lil pissbitch
Mar 8, 2015

naem posted:

Bud light (lite?) is as cheap as I'll go and only if it's 1. Free in a backyard or 2. Spontaneous camping gas station big-can-that's-like-two-cans-and-you-chug-it-real-fast-and-burp-and-say-out-loud-GAH-no-why-did-I-blehh and then you have to hike 14 miles

You, I like

lil pissbitch
Mar 8, 2015

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

Anybody ever play Edward 40-hands? pretty sure I don't need to explain how that's played, you probably got it purely from the name alone

College was...cool.

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Idk, I thought beer tasted way better when I was a kid. :shrug:

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Because it forcefully paces me. If I had liquor it would go down just like beer.

client posted:

This is very wrong. Steel Reserve tastes loving terrible and isn't even cheaper here (read my above post) However, 2 40s of reserve will get you pretty drunk. I prefer OE though.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

lil pissbitch posted:

Oh poo poo I didn't even realize that. Yeah this poo poo is 6.9% ABV. 6.9...the magic number.

When you drank it warm, was that just circumstantial, or specifically because it was The BEast?

Circumstantial. I would never choose to drink warm beer, but I certainly won't pass up on it.

Pennywise the Frown fucked around with this message at 05:01 on Oct 28, 2016

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Because it forcefully paces me. If I had liquor it would go down just like beer.

This is very wrong. Steel Reserve tastes loving terrible and isn't even cheaper here (read my above post) However, 2 40s of reserve will get you pretty drunk. I prefer OE though.

My man, have you not hear of.. seltzer? :smug:

DisgracelandUSA
Aug 11, 2011

Yeah, I gets down with the homies

It's called ice because during the bottling process they freeze part of the water out of it, leading to higher abv.

It's also garbage.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

ha ha
about 12 years ago I went to a Phillies game with my friend and we met his boss in the parking lot who had a case of OE in his trunk.
We never made it into the stadium

lil pissbitch
Mar 8, 2015

Idk, I thought beer tasted way better when I was a kid. :shrug:

You've got to be the only one in the world who feels like that. I remember in college someone left some Dale's Pale Ale in our fridge after a party, and I literally was not able to drink it, even as a desperate, underaged college student. I tried one again recently and it was actually pretty tasty

DisgracelandUSA posted:

It's called ice because during the bottling process they freeze part of the water out of it, leading to higher abv.

It's also garbage.

Oh that's neat!

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

My man, have you not hear of.. seltzer? :smug:

Oh yeah. I'm a fan of vodka tonics, but man, they go down faster than beer. And I don't trust myself pouring. I like them overly strong so I can really taste the vodka.

Plus it's more expensive than beer.

client
Aug 19, 2010

cool beast facts that ive learned:

beast ice is sometimes reffered to as "the yeti"
a lot of people feel hungover about half way through a can of beast
drinking six+ beasts will give you terrible poops the next day that reek like beast

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

this guy knows whats up

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

ha ha
about 12 years ago I went to a Phillies game with my friend and we met his boss in the parking lot who had a case of OE in his trunk.
We never made it into the stadium

I like you.

I loving hate baseball so every time I've ever gone to a Brewers game I just got poo poo faced. And not just because it's the Brewers.

Iron Prince
Aug 28, 2005
Buglord

lil pissbitch posted:

holy poo poo iss it really that high of an ABV? AND ITS FUCKIN UNION MADE?!

move over PBR, there's a maybe a new beast in town.

client
Aug 19, 2010

maybe it's just in south carolina, but here a tall boy of steel reserve is 69 cents at your nearest kangaroo gas station

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

client posted:

drinking six+ beasts will give you terrible poops the next day that reek like beast

this guy knows whats up

I am basically a professional with this and I can confirm your studies on brutally punishing your toilet.

lil pissbitch
Mar 8, 2015

luv 2 date boys posted:

move over PBR, there's a maybe a new beast in town.

:getin:

client posted:

maybe it's just in south carolina, but here a tall boy of steel reserve is 69 cents at your nearest kangaroo gas station

poo poo man, I went to college in SC and lived right next to a Kangaroo. AND I bought Steel Reserve from there when I was especially broke.

I bet it's the same loving Kangaroo. In fact, you're probably me in the past. If you have any questions about how your life turns out, well, just consider everything I've posted in this thread so far tonight and that should pretty much answer everything for ya

lil pissbitch
Mar 8, 2015

client posted:

this guy knows whats up

Oh I get it, cause a beast that lives amongst ice would be a Yeti. So basically I'm drinking a Yeti inside of a Yeti right now, that's tight

Escape Addict
Jan 25, 2012

YOSPOS
This should be required viewing for cheap beer drinkers and beer snobs alike:

One of America’s Top Sommeliers Blind Taste Tests Beer Pong Beers

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O4CxYSJQJ5Y

It just goes to show that people's perceptions and associations really influence how much they like a product, and when you do an actual blind taste test The Beast does better than you'd expect.

Beast Ice doesn't taste as good but it, and Natural Ice, are good beers for alcoholics who don't want to spend a bunch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

naem
May 29, 2011

client posted:

I saw a guy with one of those fancy cardboard wine bottle six pack holder things at the grocery store only he'd put six steel reserves in it lol

client posted:

like are they trying to kill people? On purpose

• Locked thread