Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Roman
Aug 8, 2002

:siren: Click here to enter your info / Click here to find goons to play with / Somethingawful Division Discord :siren:

:siren: ADVICE FOR NEW PLAYERS IN THE SECOND POST :siren:

The official Twitch channel which features State of the Game almost every Thursday

So I heard this game was a garbage fire shitshow but it's good now?
Since Update 1.4, the endgame now feels as good as it did leveling up to 30. The PVP has been more balanced than ever, allowing you to run many different builds depending on your playstyle.

World Tiers - Once you hit level 30 and increase your Gear Score as you acquire loot (and there is a LOT of it now), you unlock World Tiers that determine enemy toughness and loot quality. Once unlocked you can switch to any tier at any time (except in the Dark Zone). High End items and Gear Sets drop at the level of the World Tier you chose, and even drop from trash mobs. Difficulty settings determine enemy type and the amount of loot.
Damage Scaling - In 1.3 you could get one shotted by Dark Zone NPCs and needed three clips of ammo to kill them. Scaling makes sense now and if you have good gear you will feel powerful again.
Solo Player Friendly - All activities except Incursions now scale from 1 to 4 players.
Loot and Caches - Did I mention the game shits appropriate high end loot at you now, even from trash mobs? After level 30, every 400,000 xp you earn gets you a Field Proficiency Cache which contains loot and Phoenix Credits. You also earn caches from Daily and Weekly Assignments, and caches are also available for purchase (with credits, Phoenix Credits, or Dark Zone funds) from vendors.
Open World Bosses - Bullet King and his 14 boss friends respawn every 4 hours.
High Value Targets / Search & Destroy - You get more Intel from S&D, HVTs cost less intel, there are more HVTs (40 more enemies added to the pool), and reward more loot and phoenix credits. Even S&D missions reward appropriate level gear score loot. Loot types now drop from HVTs at equal frequency; they are no longer weighted towards Lone Star gearsets.
Incursions - Falcon Lost has checkpoints after each C4 round. Instead of giving you specific gearsets, each Incursion gives you types of gear. (Falcon Lost: Gloves and Masks, Clear Sky: Body armor and Holster, Dragon’s Nest: Backpack and Kneepads)
No more DLC exclusive gear or weapons - Expansions will be about more places to get loot. You won't need expansions to access any specific armor or guns.
Stash Size Increase - Stash increased from 75 items to 150.
Loadouts - Save equipped Weapons, Gear, Skills and Talents to 6 Loadout slots per character, allowing for quick swapping of builds when out of combat.
Dark Zone map expansion - Explore three new areas to the north of the Dark Zone, which doubles the DZ in playable space.
Dark Zone XP and Funds - You no longer lose XP and DZ Funds when you die if you are not Rogue.
Dark Zone Landmark rewards - Clearing a Landmarks now awards DZ XP, DZ funds, and a clean loot item deposited into your backpack (doesn't need extraction).
Dark Zone Leaderboards - Earn rewards in the Dark Zone by participating in weekly and monthly activities tracked via the new Dark Zone leaderboards.
Dark Zone Contamination Events - Players must manage their health as the virus eats away at their filter while battling against powerful Cleaners. Clear each Dark Zone subway of Cleaners to earn extra rewards. Like Supply Drops, you do not need to extract these loot rewards.
Legendary difficulty - Pit yourself against elite LMB forces equipped with superior gear and advanced tactics. Legendary difficulty strips missions of all narrative and focuses purely on combat scenarios.
Premium Vendor - A new microtransaction vendor in the back left corner of the Terminal which sells cosmetic items and emotes for Premium Credits (real money).
Exotics - Special named High-End gear items have special bonuses. Named Weapons (like the Pakhan, Midas, etc.) are now Exotics and have all new special talents.
Global Events, a monthly PVE playlist with modifiers and exclusive rewards. Earn event exclusive face masks from Commendations.
https://tomclancy-thedivision.ubisoft.com/game/en-us/news/detail.aspx?c=tcm:152-293355-16&ct=tcm:152-76770-32
Commendations, a combo of Destiny's Record Books and Grimoire score, which grants special rewards (including new arm patches).
https://tomclancy-thedivision.ubisoft.com/game/en-us/news/detail.aspx?c=tcm:152-293999-16&ct=tcm:152-76770-32
Classified Gear, more powerful versions of existing gear sets with new 5 and 6 piece bonuses.
https://tomclancy-thedivision.ubisoft.com/game/en-us/news/152-294372-16/update-17-classified-gear

1.8 - RESISTANCE was released December 5, 2017 and is FREE for all players. It includes a map expansion (West Side Pier) with new narrative elements, a Horde mode, 4x4 Skirmish PVP, a revamp of Rogue mechanics ("Rogue 2.0"), updates to Underground (including Hunters), Gear Optimization, and more.

1.8 Reveal Trailer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Addk7cl5smg

1.8 Patch Notes
https://tomclancy-thedivision.ubisoft.com/game/en-us/news/152-315417-16/update-18-resistance-patch-notes

West Side Pier map expansion spread across two zones, where all the enemy factions unite against the Division. This will be open for all players and features a new Camp Clinton social space. Features dynamic missions and enemy spawning, as well as new audio logs to collect.
Gear Optimization - Use Division Tech to max the stats of any guns or gear. Division Tech will be available in the West Side Pier as well as the Dark Zone.
Resistance - Up to four Division Agents have to take on waves of enemies from all factions, earning currency to unlock new areas, activate fortifications, buy new equipment, etc. (Think Call of Duty Zombies.)
Skirmish - 4x4 PVP. Score the highest number of kills before the timer runs out.
Rogue 2.0 - Friendly fire is off and Rogue status must be manually toggled on. Clear your Manhunt status at a terminal and earn rewards based on your Manhunt level (up to level 5)
Underground - Hunters have been added as random spawns, and can drop Exotics, Classified gear, and "cool masks." Bosses and rare chests can also drop Exotics and Classified gear. Checkpoints have been added so you no longer lose progress on death. The "Rave Room" from the intro mission has been added to the rest of the Underground.

SEASON PASS AND EXPANSIONS

Season Pass and Year One Content Trailer
Season Pass owners get all 3 expansions, exclusive cosmetic outfits, special starter weapons and gear, extra consumables and special ammo/grenades, and a bi-monthly Supply Drop: An airdropped loot crate guarded by a mob of elite NPCs.

Underground Expansion I Trailer
The Underground: A procedurally randomized dungeon system. "Directives" are modifiers (such as no radar) which increase difficulty and the amount of rewards. Every Underground Rank you level up earns an Underground Cache containing two loot items with a chance for a bonus Exotic. Also includes exclusive Incursion Dragon's Nest.
Survival Expansion II Trailer
Survival: 24 agents spawn at random points on the map, armed with only a sidearm. You have to scavenge supplies and gear to fight off enemies and get into the Dark Zone, secure the experimental antivirals, build a flare gun, and call in a chopper for extraction. You can choose PVP or PVE modes. You can't kill other players in PVE but still have to compete for loot. Once you call in the chopper, you have to fight a new elite NPC faction called Hunters, rogue agents who fight like real players.
Last Stand Expansion III Trailer
Last Stand: The organized 8v8 PVP mode set within the DZ, accessed from a kiosk in the Terminal. Also includes exclusive Incursion Stolen Signal.
Last Stand gameplay details: http://tomclancy-thedivision.ubi.com/game/en-US/news/152-282198-16/intelligence-annex-#13-taking-a-stand

Roman fucked around with this message at 19:40 on Dec 9, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

ADVICE FOR FIRST TIME PLAYERS LEVELING UP:

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Yeah for new people playing the campaign, here are the rules:
Only play solo or play with people EXACTLY the same level as you
Always be the appropriate level for the mission. Do the side missions and subquests to stay leveled. The game is designed to require you to get a level from a big mission and another level from side stuff before you do the next big mission
DONT DO MISSIONS ON HARD. THERE IS NO POINT. (Until you're level 30)
Don't wear Skill Power Pieces until you have skills
make sure you're upgrading your gear at the shops so you don't lag more than a level or two behind.
Also, and this sounds lame, but role play as an individual who is trying to figure out what the gently caress happened and is actually going now. The game "feels" better when you're in this mindset, especially as you find little info bits throughout.
- Do the Lincoln Tunnel mission as soon as you're high enough level, as you get a permanent 10% XP boost once you unlock the Security wing
- Don't bother with Hard difficulty story missions until you're level 30. The extra rewards are minimal and aren't worth the trouble at low level.
- Do side missions and Encounters (which you need for base upgrades anyway), not just main missions. This should keep you comfortably like 1-2 levels ahead of the requirements for Normal difficulty missions
- Don't worry too much about buying guns/gear before level 30 unless your drops are unlucky and you really need an upgrade for something.
- After max level 30, XP goes towards earning loot caches. Consider saving some of the collectible items (cell phone recordings, laptops etc.) as they give way more XP at level 30. On a double XP weekend event these will bag you a LOT of loot caches.

ADVICE FOR WHEN YOU HIT LEVEL 30:

hey welcome to the show! posted:

The dark zone is not the best place to get loot.
It is however a good place to get loot while you pvp. If you don't like pvp you don't need to ever step foot in the dark zone and you won't miss out on any loot at all.
Do your dailies, do the Intel quests, run hvts (even the daily ones are worth it if you have the Intel to spare), kill world bosses and farm mooks. Those are all things you can do to get gear without ever buying the dlc.

Dr. Mantis Toboggan posted:

As a fresh 30 you have a couple main priorities and things to keep in mind:

-Bump your World Tier (WT) up as soon as you are able to. Higher WTs drop gear with higher gear score.
-Do Encounters until you max out all 3 wings of your base at 100%.
-Do any missions that you need to do to unlock content (there are a couple missions to unlock the Underground DLC, not sure if there are any others at 30)
-You will get gear caches every 400k XP you get

With those in mind, you can do pretty much whatever you'd like to do in order to get gear. You will get Daily and Weekly missions (check your map menu) that will reward you gear caches and point you in the direction of stuff you can do. This is the full list of things I can think of that you can do at level 30:

Activities
-World Bosses: Respawn every 4 hours, always drop a couple HE items
-Search and Destroy missions: Get Intel for HVT (see below) missions (NOTE: You will have to finish all Encounters and Side Missions in an area to unlock S&D missions for that area)
-Daily and Weekly High Value Targets (HVTs): Daily you can probably solo, weekly may require a group at low gear levels
-Bi-monthly supply drops for season pass holders
-Finish side missions (good XP) and encounters
-Underground mode (DLC #1)
-Survival mode (DLC #2, PVE or PVP)
-Dark Zone (PVP-enabled area)
-Incursions: Challenging/heroic missions, group required unless your gear is insane
-Pick up all Intel on map (just for lore/exploration/XP)
-Check vendors all over the place to see if there's any good gear or blueprints you want, these reset weekly

Daily Missions
-Crafting mission: Things like craft X items, combine X item parts, etc.
-Dark Zone (PVP area): Usually kill X NPCs in Dark Zone
-Survival mission: Successfully extract from a Survival game
-Combat mission: Things like kill X dudes, hit X enemy weak points, etc.
-2x Hard story missions
-1x Challenging story mission
-Underground Hard mission
-Underground Challenging mission (This will also give you the rewards for the Hard mission, so you don't need to do both)

Weekly Missions
- One has you do a bunch of random poo poo like kill X dudes in the dark zone, finish 10 hard or above missions, and so on, and the other has you get at least 20,000 points in Survival mode throughout the week

OPEN WORLD BOSS FARMING
Bullet King and all 14 of his boss friends now respawn in the open world every 4 hours
All Open World Boss Locations (with timestamps): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZhdtSv_JcBE

Roman fucked around with this message at 19:39 on Dec 9, 2017

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

FYI I had wanted to make the thread title Caches Rule Everything Around Me but I thought the whole "game isn't a trash fire any more" message was more important

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Multiple characters can get extra season pass supply drops. I THINK stuff like the 4 hour reset for the open world bosses and HVTs is per character, not account. So if you want extra quick loot and birdcoins (Phoenix credits are shared between characters) you can hop on your alt and farm that stuff. (Correct me if I'm wrong please)

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Revol posted:

I prefer to play most 3rd person games using a controller, while first person is almost always keyboard/mouse. There are reasons to go both ways, but I think I like playing Division on controller more. For one, the interface is designed for it. Not so much the layout, but the keystrokes for things, especially while going through my inventory, I just can't wrap my head around it. Easier with the controller mapping.
Controller aim assist is making shotguns really good (like OP and annoying) on console right now, so you might want to give shotguns a shot. Massive said they're going to tweak that, so enjoy it while you can.

If I have any major shuffling around in the inventory, stash, rolling stats etc. I usually end up using the controller because it's just faster.
Helpful inventory tip: When in the stash or browsing the vendors, hold down right trigger (or hold down T on PC) for a list of categories (Masks, Body Armor, etc.)

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Ugly In The Morning posted:

I haven't really branched my skill choice out from sticky bomb/first aid. What else should I try? The numbers on turrets look really, really garbage.

Get a 4 piece Firecrest, use flame turret, burn it all down.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

MoaM posted:

If there is legitimately more loot and better content scaling now I might jump back in; this game was and still is really fun, even with all the old missions/dailies.
The update came out 5 days ago and now i have to sort out and sell/dismantle all the poo poo that won't fit in my stash. That doesn't count the ton of stuff I've already sold and junked.

So the downside is that the stash is still 70 items, but at least camos don't take up space any more.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

So since Tuesday I've put together a Firecrest loadout, a 3 Hunters/3 Sentry AR/SASG loadout to spam headshots, and a Banshee set, all equally good. Did a quick solo run into DZ06W and took out a mob of cleaners and some LMB without getting instagibbed or roasted alive. I love this update.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

added the open world boss map & video and skillup's BiS guide to the second post. also quote is not edit

Roman fucked around with this message at 15:08 on Oct 30, 2016

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Morter posted:

So I've been playing around with my alt now that the co-op partner I usually played with all but bowed out, and I have to ask:
In contrast to my main agent, who specs in tech and survivability with a supply station, I plan on being agile and hurty, up-close with shotguns and SMGs. I'm only level 10 so it's actually fun to do this on paper mache mooks, but will this be at all viable at level 30/end game? Of course, I'm not at all talking about min-maxing for DZ or incursions (gently caress both of those), but will it be a significant difficulty boost once I get that high, specced for getting in range of my enemies and pelting them? Or will I have to change up that play style eventually?
shotguns are really good right now, especially on console with the aim assist which makes them annoying in PVP. Massive said they're going to be tweaked soon but gave the impression that any changes will be more about lessening the impact of aim assist than nerfing them in any significant way.

SMGs are just alright at this point, but you should be ok if you are getting in close. I haven't really used them in a while though, since ARs got buffed

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Morter posted:

Cool thanks. Oh, and should i leave the overworld loot boxes I find for level 30? Or should I just snatch them up instantly?
they will all still be green and blue items and useless after level 30, just use them now.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

I would say crafting mods and attachments is still worth it. They drop more now but some are way better than others. And right now mods with +armor are the way to go.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Subjunctive posted:

I played this a bunch in beta and then a tiny bit after launch, and for some reason I have it on both PC and PS4.
Assuming that I'm like level 5 and don't remember anything about the game, and that my PC is very powerful (1080, i7-6700K, etc.):
- should I play on PS4 or PC? I was OK at Destiny PVE, so the controller is probably OK as long as the gunfeel is similar
- should I just restart from a clean slate?
If you're level 5 you might as well restart and do the tutorial again. As for PC or PS4, it's a lot better on PC, running at 60 fps while PS4 is stuck at 30 and currently has occasional lag/stuttering issues. But overall it's fine on both.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Dandywalken posted:

Wonder if they'll go beyond World-Tier 4 eventually? Run this fucker up to 10 I say.
Well, the purpose of 1.4 was to lay the foundation for future stuff. Imagine if they kept everything at 1.3 levels and then made something harder than that.

I don't think they're gonna throw all this loot at us and then keep difficulty as is forever.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Vax posted:

I'm like 83% sure Roman does this lovely formatting on purpose just to trigger me. Seriously bro.
I have no idea what you're talking about

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

satanic splash-back posted:

Just a quick warning to anyone who believes the thread title: its wrong, its still a stupid grind with little chance for a tangible or interesting upgrade after a short time.
your opinion is stupid bye

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Not only does this game need a bigger stash, it needs a custom loadout creator. I've got my current builds (three, all just with stuff acquired since last tuesday) all scrawled on looseleaf. I'm gonna have what looks like the notebook from Se7en soon enough because of this dumb game.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

acumen posted:

Hey so I played in the beta but everything seemed pretty bullet spongey and samey and haven't touched it since but I really like Destiny should I buy this now?
if you didn't like the beta you probably won't like the full thing. but you can get it like from $15-$25 now so if you got cash to burn knock yourself out

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Alchenar posted:

No he's right, the effect of 1.4 is that you hit gear level 228 in no time, but actually getting the right set of gear with a good set of talents is a matter of grinding away.
Maybe I was just lucky to have been able to make 3 different builds within days of the update, not using any pre-1.4 pieces, and could probably make a 4th (Nomad) right now if I wanted. That's just armor and doesn't count the weapons in my vault I haven't rerolled yet.

DaveKap posted:

Also fun? Heading into the Dark Zone with the DZ set equipped. Not losing poo poo when I die is super nice and though I have yet to try killing any rogues, I do hear that it's much more possible now.
I think I might just do my dailies in DZ06 from now on. As in the "kill Rikers" etc. as well as the DZ Assignment. And not worry about extractions, just earn rank/credits and buy DZ caches.

Roman fucked around with this message at 12:24 on Oct 31, 2016

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

I said come in! posted:

Is Dark Zone even relevant anymore now that the way loot drops has totally changed? I tried doing it last night for the first time and the extraction failed by one second because an enemy spawned at that moment inside of the extraction circle. Never doing Dark Zone again.
It's still technically the fastest way to get the most amounts of loot, seeing how fast the bosses respawn, plus DZ chests. But you have to deal with other players, so it's a trade off. You still have to really like PVP for it to be worth it.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

I just go into DZ06 because people haven't figured out enemies are managable up there now. I can solo mobs pretty well. I've even done a few extractions at the DZ06 roof. I just let Recovery Link pop while putting stuff on the rope, then hop back into cover and finish off the NPCs.

Sometimes I go do DZ01 if I'm bored and while I can't deal with squads, I win every 1v1. 1v1s are so dumb and pointless in the DZ, I don't know why people bother.

Also SkillUp made a quick DPS guide that's not a half hour long.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=shKc0Afo7VU

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Marco's Combat Medic build. I also learned from the video that Predatory and Meticulous proc when you kill enemy skills, like turrets, support station, seeker mine, mobile cover.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TiU6bBqUv-c

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Photex posted:

If so is the FireCrest set as good as it looks on paper? I know Alpha is rated higher but boooooring.
AB is only rated higher on a tryhard scale. FireCrest is tops on the good times scale. Use incendiary pokeball and stock up on fire grenades for extra fun

Javes posted:

Haven't played with in months but I decided to boot up the game due to good response to 1.4. How is the DZ/what is the cheating situation on PC? I really enjoyed the pvp despite its flaws and I'm looking forward to gearing up again.
you'll see people complain about hackers occasionally but it's exaggerated, there's much less since they started zero tolerance and I personally have never seen one. The patch didn't directly address PVP but the NPCs are much more manageable and you can't abuse skills now like before. Well you can, but you have to do crazy optimized builds to do it, instead of just bouncing off smart cover over and over

Roman fucked around with this message at 23:22 on Oct 31, 2016

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Javes posted:

How much DPS/Toughness/Skill Power do I need to have to be considered 'geared' nowadays? Also, I assume I should be denconstructing all of my lower level GS items in my stash/backpack from 6 months ago?
300,000 toughness is what you should aim around, it should be closer to 400,000 with a DPS build but you can get away with less with a skill power based build. 200,000 firearms is around what you should be aiming for.

Sell all your old stuff, only deconstruct if you need to craft attachments or gear mods which are the only things worth crafting now

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

gileadexile posted:

So did the new update make things tougher? I used to be able to cheese the bottom 2 or 3 segments of the DZ alone, running around and grabbing the boxes and extracting, but I dropped back in last night and got my rear end handed to me by NPC's.
My main is level 30, DZ level 37. Has the game left me behind? I don't have the underground DLC, and no real good weapons. Anybody have any sage advice? Anyone still grouping up on PS4? My tag is Gileadexile,
yes and no. when you enter a world tier you are going to be squishy but it is manageable, and when you get to the top of your world tier it feels good. the higher difficulty is a workout instead of a slog.

you won't be left behind, none of the guns or armor are going to be DLC exclusive any more, and they drop from everywhere, so just play the game however you want. my past week has been spent mostly running around the world clearing roaming bosses, HVTs, and relatively little dark zone or missions, and just from that loot I got 3 different and very good max level builds out of it, and working on a 4th.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

The bad news is that the console stuttering fixes won't be out until 1.5. And the PTS is PC only so we won't even know if it actually works. Remember 1.4 was supposed to fix that stuff too.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

poptart_fairy posted:

I wish intel was quicker to nab outside SnD. Farming it feels wird.
Civilians In Need can give out intel, and they need to do it more because I don't need another blue M9, thanks

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Firecrest with at least 100,00 skill power with turret & incendiary pokeball, along with Relentless pack (5% dmg from skills returned as healing) and a Predatory AR is so good. I am just shy of 290,000 toughness but it doesn't matter because I'm never not healing. And most of my skill power is from mods so I am able to have that much toughness & a useable 190,000 DPS.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Ubisoft Earnings call said engagement with the game is up 51%. Word of mouth is good and it's been getting good press, including Kotaku and even that Forbes guy. Destiny is gonna be dry next month. So if Massive can keep the goodwill train running things look petty good for this game.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Also, 1) you can hold up to 99 intel (see it in your Pouches tab) 2). The time limit is just for the waves of enemies before the boss, once the boss shows up take your time. 3) Some of them occasionally like to throw a bunch of Elite Riker shotgunners at you so be careful.

Once you are geared up enough the dailies are pretty fun, especially the last 2, and give lots of birdcoin.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Posting your platform and gamertag really helps with matching up with people.

I'm on uplay pc as angryavatar. I'm wanting to do weeklies as soon as i farm the intel, but does anyone want to run through all/any incursions on Tier 2? I've never done any of them, and could use the 100 birdcoins, but the rewards for T4 aren't worth it right now.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

I played a 2 phase Challenging UG on WT2 and got 4 LMB shield guys thrown at me before the boss even showed up. I handled it but it was just annoying and I couldn't imagine soloing that on WT4, even with good gear

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

http://www.twitch.tv/thedivisiongame
Reveal Stream UNCUT:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CC7mhWtST9A

Live Survival gameplay streaming as I post this
- Every Owner of the PC game has access to the PTS - only Season Pass Owners have access to the survival content (Those that bought the Season Pass later than Thursday last week CAN NOT play the PTS)
EDIT: Uplay ONLY for now, no Steam yet. This may change, maybe week 2

- It's Battle Royale on the entire map. 24 players with matchmaking, you can have 4 man squads. Matchmaking will try to match squads with squads
- You don't have to be level 30, just need access to BoO
- No reward for killing other players, it's all about resources etc.
- You are sick and stranded on a random place on the edge of the map, storm pushes you to the middle where you have to extract in the dark zone to win
- There is also a PVE version where players can't kill each other, but resources are limited so it's still competitive
- You start with a green sidearm and bad gear, have to manage cold/hunger/infection
- There are safehouses where you can craft stuff. You can also craft Skills (pulse etc.) if you find the resources
- Every session is about 2 hours, has permadeath for that session. If you die you seed to start a new session
- Your cosmetic items matter, "warmer" looking ones keep you warmer
- The items only go up to 163 GS, but you can extract caches which give appropriate GS items

1.5 changes will be officially posted later. New World Tier, new max gear score, new weapons, gear sets etc.

Roman fucked around with this message at 14:20 on Nov 7, 2016

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Photex posted:

wait, permadeath, as in if you die the character is deleted?
Just for that session. It's Battle Royale, you start with nothing every time and if you die that session is over. Your regular character (outside Survivial) loses nothing

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Spuckuk posted:

I have literally zero interest in PvPing, is it necessary to actually progress still?
Nope. Everything outside the Dark Zone just shits loot at you now. You don't even need Division Tech for anything right now so at this point you don't need the Dark Zone at all unless you want to PVP

Black Griffon posted:

PVE is all I wanted. Don't give a poo poo about anything else.
I love that there's finally a DayZ/H1Z1 type game except with co-op and with interesting gameplay outside of "shoot other players for no reason"

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Vax posted:

Just monitor the Division Twitch channel. I'm sure the second it's live they will jump on it and you can see for yourself.
People are streaming it now. If there is a temperature at the top right corner, it's Survival

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1515568-Global-1-5-Survival-PTS-Patch-Notes

PTS 1.5 patch notes are up. There's a bunch of stuff but here are my highlights:

Game changes
Added World Tier 5 bracket (230+ GS)
Enemy NPCs are level 34.
Maximum Gear Score raised to 256.
Heroic Incursions are now available in Tier 5 only.

Named Gear items have been implemented in the game. One piece is available for each Gear Slot and each one comes with a unique Talent. Named Gear items can only be dropped in World Tier 5 or in Survival game mode.
[Mask] Ferro’s oxygen mask: Players can move and shoot while under burn status effect.
[Knee Pads] Shortbow championship pads: Grenades have shortened fuse timer.
[Holster] Colonel Bliss’ holster: Powerful improvements for sidearms.
[Gloves] Skulls MC gloves: Increased damage when no gear set bonuses are active.
[Chestpiece] Barrett’s bulletproof: Powerful bonuses when skills are on cooldown.
[Backpack] NinjaBike messenger bag: Less DZ loot and DZ XP lost when dying in the Dark Zone.

Enemy Armor Damage now functions in PVP: damage calculation in PvP ignores a percentage of the target’s armor equal to one third of the shooter’s Enemy Armor Damage.
Enemy Armor Damage is now a Major bonus instead of a Minor bonus. With enemy Armor Damage now applying to PvP, this will create an interesting situation where players will have to decide between increasing their Armor or Armor Damage.
It can now roll on Backpacks, Masks, Kneepads, Holsters and Gear Mods.
Roll values have been lowered to compensate for the fact that it can roll on more item types.
Rolls on existing Kneepads will be scaled to appropriate values. Note that Enemy Armor Damage will still be considered as a Minor bonus on existing Kneepads.
Enemy Armor Damage will be removed from existing Masks and replaced with another minor bonus.
Stagger now functions in PvP: high-stagger weapons (Shotguns and Marksman rifles primarily) will now cause the target’s aim to flinch.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Oh yeah I forgot that stuff about the guns and sets

Added 12 new weapon types. These weapon types can only be dropped in World Tier 5:
MG5 Light Machinegun
Infantry MG5 Light Machinegun
Famas Assault Rifle
Model 700 Marksman Rifle
M700 Tactical Marksman Rifle
M700 Carbon Marksman Rifle
Converted USC Submachinegun
Police UMP-45 Submachinegun
Tactical UMP-45 Submachinegun
Snub nosed Rhino Pistol
Rhino Pistol
Rhino Special Pistol

Gear Sets

Final Measure
4 pieces: Grenades can now be picked up every 8 seconds instead of 15 seconds.

Hunter’s Faith
3 pieces: Headshot bonus reduced from 20% to 10%. (DAMMIT I just based a Hunters/Sentry set round this, oh well)

FrontLine has been added:
2 pieces: +15% Protection from Elites
3 pieces: +30% Ballistic Shield Health
4 pieces: Allows using an SMG if one is equipped when Ballistic Shield is deployed. SMG Crit Chance is reduced to 0%

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Lyer posted:

Whelp time to vendor all the 229 gear sets ice been hoarding, but I'm pretty excited to farm new gear.
Me too. I'm glad I got 3 really good sets out of 1.4, I'm definitely ready for the next update.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

poptart_fairy posted:

So what sort of rewards can you expect from Survival if you don't get to the final extraction? I'm reading stuff that suggests only a couple of people, at most, can survive to the "final" moment and get away with the helicopter. Does this mean you can lose everything in a few minutes because someone sped through to the extraction zone or what?
i saw a streamer get killed within 30 seconds of start (he was really unlucky) and he still got a cache.

and the session doesn't end because someone extracted, everyone can extract, according to the streams I was able to quickly check out

• Locked thread