Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

This was seriously the best thing to come out of that game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

pillsburysoldier posted:

Agreed. Dalvin cook is dragging us single handedly to bowl eligibility

Please tell me he's entering the draft this year because holy poo poo I don't want to ever see him up against Clemson again.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

Scarf posted:

This was seriously the best thing to come out of that game.

Actually, the Jordan Leggett handplant TD was pretty great too...

pillsburysoldier posted:

He is but his little brother is coming to FSU and he's p good.

:gonk:

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight
Holy poo poo today was Oregon's first Pac 12 win of the season?!

:lol:

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight
I just realized that game will give us an FSU tombstone added to the graveyard... That'll be the first time we've been able to do that since 2006.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

pillsburysoldier posted:

The RT ends up whiffing too.

I honestly feel awful for Frenchie

How the gently caress is he still alive after that game? Dude has taken some bad hits this season.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

Crotch Bat posted:

N: I knew Boise State lost. I was unaware of how they lost(on a safety).

V: :laffo:

This gif seriously needs to be on every page of this thread.

edit: Also this. Not the best CFB punch, but a solid right cross

Scarf fucked around with this message at 06:57 on Oct 30, 2016

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

Noctone posted:

i guess heat of the moment and all that but it always baffles me when dudes punch another player in the helmet

e: in honor of boise state losing today:

That's why you gotta uppercut

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

PostNouveau posted:

Teammate's like "Oh how dare you, mister"

I always liked how the guy's legs kick out like a character on Mike Tyson's Punch-Out as he falls

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

CannonFodder posted:

Was there a penalty or any fallout from that?

Ejected and Clemson suspended him for a game or 2 I think.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

Dango Bango posted:

I'm curious how far Nebraska falls in the rankings after this loss. Especially given Ohio State's minor slide last week.

Id say 2-3 tops. They looked great, just had some poo poo luck/calls go against them. Plus Wisco is pretty drat good.

Plus considering all the other chaos yesterday...

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

Duckaerobics posted:

There's a week 9 Drawing Conclusions out.

The big 12 one is my favorite.

Also, Auburn's Kamryn Pettway has 933 yards so far this season and has only played in 6 games

HA! Should have the husky popping a squat on the U.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight
Coaches Poll is up:

1 Alabama 8-0
2 Michigan 8-0
3 Clemson 8-0
4 Washington 8-0
5 Louisville 7-1
6 Ohio State 7-1
7 Texas A&M 7-1
8 Wisconsin 6-2
9 Florida 6-1
10 Nebraska 7-1
11 Oklahoma 6-2
12 Auburn 6-2
13 Baylor 6-1
14 Louisiana State 5-2
15 West Virginia 6-1
16 Utah 7-2
17 North Carolina 6-2
18 Western Michigan 8-0
19 Florida State 5-3
20 Colorado 6-2
21 Virginia Tech 6-2
22 Oklahoma State 6-2
23 Penn State 6-2
24 Boise State 7-1
25 Washington State 6-2

edit: And once again I fall for the trap and asked myself "Who the gently caress is Louisiana State?" :ughh:

Scarf fucked around with this message at 17:55 on Oct 30, 2016

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

Crotch Bat posted:

UNC being ahead of VT is hilarious.

I guess it's the FSU win? I was pretty confused by that too

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

swickles posted:

In two weeks. Florida has a rough month ahead, @Arkansas, South Carolina, @LSU, and @FSU.

Will this be Muschamp's first visit back to the swamp?

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

Seaniqua posted:

poo poo, I thought I was the only one. This happens to me at least once every year.

:hfive:

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

RumbleFish posted:

We're pretty much the definition of mediocrity (hovering around .500 all-time) with some really bad and really good seasons in the mix. I think some people recall the 0-11/1-10 years and think that's been our standard output when it's not. Regardless, I'm not arguing that our current decline is on par with a Texas-like scenario; just that it was an incredibly rapid fall, which is probably why our fans look like they're overreacting to some. That being said, I do agree that we need to hit on our coaching hires more than we miss because of the conference we're in, having to compete with schools like Clemson for recruits, etc.

Meant to respond to this last night.

You're absolutely spot on. I grew up going to games where the gamecocks were coached by Morrison, Woods, and Scott. It was always a mild rollercoaster. Hell, Morrison had a 10-2 season and two 8-4s... Woods and Scott were more mediocre.

I think a lot of fans are confused bc they're younger and only knew the Spurrier years, thinking that was the norm.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight
A few players showed up at Dabo's house last night dressed as power rangers...

:stare:

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

The Notorious ZSB posted:

Oh my god thats amazing I love it. They're like a box of donuts away from shredding those things into strips.

Also forget this red ranger thing, both White and Green Rangers!? IMPOSSIBLE!

Apparently there was another guy dressed as the red ranger, just not pictured here.

Apparently this came about due to the new "Oculus" built onto the stadium has coaches offices in there, and they think it looks like the Power Rangers command center. They also call one of their coaches "Zordon."

https://twitter.com/SawDiggity/status/793529023565598721

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight
If Oregon and Stanford weren't huge travesties, Washington would absolutely be #4. But if they win the Pac 12 with no losses, they'll absolutely be in.

But if you look at aTm's record, Auburn is really the only true quality win. The rest are kinda eehhhh, if you look at the way these teams have devolved over the last few weeks.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight
I don't say "fridays are for high school football" because I give a poo poo about high school football. I say it because that's long been the pattern, and holding games involving any college of prominence reflects poorly on that school and the strength of their program.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

Did someone say pizza party?

• Locked thread