Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

I think AKA is the only gym that can tout it's medical staff's superiority over it's trainers. Is there a place in vegas where I can place bets on which AKA fighter will be the next one to drop out of a fight due to injury?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

evobatman posted:

Every. single. one. that walks out with their hoodie zipped up has troubles getting it off. I don't know what's going through a UFC fighters head as they walk out of the wardrobe to the prep point, but I'm pretty sure that driving a big fat spike of "WTF is going on with this zipper?" through it isn't good for your mindset for the fight.

The ufc is an infinite abyss of unintentional hilarity.

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Helwani deserves a ranking at LW for that beatdown.

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Haha holy poo poo, I love this. So woodley/wondèrboy was a draw?

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

CommonShore posted:

Correct. One judge had it for Woodley, two had draws, ergo majority draw not split/minority decision.

The more details I'm getting about the fight results the angrier I am that I couldn't watch this card. :argh::argh:

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

I just want to see McGregor/Cruz already!! :fork:

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Maia will probably be WW champion by the time McGregor comes off of his hiatus.

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

I.N.R.I posted:

Personally I want to see conor fight robbie lawler

I'd like to see this matchup too, seeing as much like nate diaz, robbie lawler seems to be fueled by punches to the face.

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

big money big clit posted:

Ferguson is both taller and has longer reach than Conor, which makes it interesting. He's also very unorthodox, fights at a good pace, and has a slick ground game. It would be a cool fight and it should happen next if Conor doesn't defend his 145lb belt.

Ferguson likes to wade through punches, and I don't think that's really advisable against the new LW champion, like at all. I think if Ferguson employs a straighter ju-jitsu offense instead of trying to walk through everything like he did against Barboza he might stand a chance. He should fight conor like hall fought artem, try and roll into 50/50 and try and beat him from the ground.

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Mr. Nice! posted:

He was saying that the Bigfoot/Hunt draw had the most mass in the cage than any other.

Abbott/cabbage, lol

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

I hope tim kennedy finds hitler and hitler kills him in self-defense and escapes on live television.

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Biodome posted:

Best part of the post fight presser.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UzQxMt9LLf0&t=1448s

Holy poo poo.

lmao

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

I.N.R.I posted:

Whats a leydig. Does it give you huge muscles?

Not much, what's leydig with you?

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

I want to see that fight too, and also Larkin/wonderboy.

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Off the top of my head, Aldo showed some very impressive use of fouls/potentially being fouled against mendes. Teixeira did well to spit his mouthguard twice against jones, probably saving himself from being finished.

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

EmmyOk posted:

Some dude popped for PEDs but more importatnly he looks like Russian TJ Dillashaw

https://twitter.com/MMAFighting/status/798541158121177088

That guy looks like the lovechild of TJ Dillashaw and Erick Silva.

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Google Butt posted:

Why? Holloway is good as gently caress, last loss was to Conor, has the physical attributes necessary to beat Conor and never looked in trouble in their fight.

He even got a knockdown against conor after conor had him on his back for half of the fight. That was such a great fight.

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

I.N.R.I posted:

I think conor has improved a lot since then. plus I remember holloway getting hit a lot in the last fight i watched of his which was the one where they stood and traded for 15 seconds at the end of the fight

It looked like they were trading but it was really one sided, Lamas didn't land anything at all.

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

I.N.R.I posted:

i do remember holloway controlling the fight. but i remember him getting hit throughout the fight too, but i only saw it at the time and haven't rewatched it

He took some hard shots from lamas, much to his chargin, otherwise an almost perfect fight for max. Max's TD defense was really really impressive as well, almost finished lamas a number of times not just on the feet but by submission as well. It was a good fight, I wish it were a 5 rounder.

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Aldo vs conor at 145 should be next, if aldo drops out, then strip him of the interim belt right away.

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Trast posted:

Since everything in this thread needs a Diaz should Khabib fight Nate for the next title shot at 155?

It should probably be nate vs tferg.

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

-Atom- posted:

very stupid opinion.

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Lol Roy Nelson fined and suspended 9 months for kicking Big "John" McCarthy

How much was the fine?

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Aye Doc posted:

$24,000. he can get his suspension reduced to 6 months and the fine to $13,700

I say big john gets a free shot

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

fatherdog posted:

I like this because it looks like a reverse Pokemon where the dangerous animals make the children fight for them

Conor's big irish pokeballs

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Larkin is a free agent; Larkin don't leave we :love: you

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

I hope jake gyllenhaal kicks bj's rear end

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Skip My Posts posted:

I'll forgive him

Hell, I might even praise him based on how long it takes Kennedy to recover from injuries.

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Send kennedy on a epic twitter meltdown culminating in a 2 hour rant on the alex jones show = title shot for kevin

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Best case scenario is that tim kennedy ends up with a permanent case of lockjaw. I know it's cruel to wish that upon somebody but the world would be a better place if tim kennedy never spoke again.

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

HIP show seemed like pure insanity to me. My teammate tapped out? Great, now two dudes get to beat my rear end at the same time, where do I sign up.

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

They're really putting pettis through the wringer. :sweatdrop: That's a hell of a fight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

manyak posted:

Cruz is a creep

That's true but he got what he was after.

• Locked thread