Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sethex
Jun 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Embraced an ideology that sought to shame white males for their ancestry; I wonder how this American election is going to go!

- Literally The Democrats 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sethex
Jun 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Maybe having movie stars declare that you must vote to eliminate your own job to prove you're not racist wasn't the right approach.

Hillary single handedly destroyed the federal democrats.

She is a total and complete failure.

Hopefully it goes a path of creative destruction.

As it stands healthcare reform is gone, the supreme court is gone, the house an senate.

Think calling Bernie supporters sexist racist misogynists (as is the custom among the jezebel feminists and the identity politics types) maybe was a bad idea, lmao.

MC Fruit Stripe posted:

Seriously. The narrative is "this was racist, white, men!", and I'm like, I guess people aren't looking at the results. Hell, something like 1/3rd of Latinos voted for Trump, 40% of women.

The SJW left in America is hosed.

How are the feels D&D?

Sethex fucked around with this message at 20:13 on Nov 9, 2016

Sethex
Jun 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Jastiger posted:

Aye. There should be no apologetics for rural dumb white rust belt voters. May their factories never return.

Ok thats mean and it does suck but i dont think its complicated. The inability of white rural americans to parse data and see more than 3 inches in front of their nose hurt America deeply.

Or maybe the Democrats offer nothing to the white working class and maybe that is a dumb, bad idea.

22% increase in the Obama care premiums, lmao looks like the ACA compromises have a hidden political price.

Rig the primaries? Yeah sure we can get away with that I bet.

Put a robot with a vagina up an expect the party loyals to just line up for a neoliberal pro business shill? whatev, we can just call our political opponents sexist racists an that usually works every time.

Sethex
Jun 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Mahoning posted:

Same, NE Ohio buddy. Here in Mahoning County (Youngstown).....a traditional Democratic stronghold, Presidential elections typically are won by Dems by 25-35 points. Hillary won last night by 3 loving points. The story of the election will be the ignored angry white voter that was willing to switch allegiances for anything but the same.

Dude, the Clinton legacy is garbage, the electorate knows that.

For profit prison policy, Iraq sanctions killing hundreds of thousands, nafta, lovely free trade, neo liberal deregulation that contributed to 2008.

Give it a rest, Clinton is a loser and will go down in history as an exceptional failure.

Sethex
Jun 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Lid posted:

So far you have derided "SJW"'s, feminists and referred to Hillary as a robot with a vagina so i'm taking your arguments that your politics are based on opposition to neoliberalism with a grain of salt.

Yeah because political correctness wasn't basically a centerpiece of the Trump campaign.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bB1UAT73o7w

Sethex
Jun 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Rabble posted:

So it turns out that social issues don't drive votes and no one cares about women or minorities. At the end of the day the Democrats (I voted Hillary btw) put forward their "more of the same" candidate and it did not inspire people to come out and vote. I'm not going to say that Bernie would have won because that's a fantasy world. What I am going to say is that the Dems inability to capitalize on their shift towards progressive policies in the wake of Bernie is the reason they lost. If Clinton had come out with single payer, basic universal income, and subsidized college instead of "I'm with her," she would be the president elect. She did not give a reason for anyone to vote other than self preservation, and it turns out that's not a winning strategy. I also don't think sexism had anything to do with it, there was no huge silent GOP base voting because "woman." Just a bunch of Obama voters who didn't feel like the Dems we're doing anything worth voting for.

They're holding an anti-trump rally in Austin right now and it's the saddest thing because they'll learn nothing from this defeat. They wont shift their platform and instead will double down on the social issues that literally just failed them bigly.

Did you see the rhetoric here? Calling the American electorate misogynist in the wake of the Democrats literally imploding is amazing cognitive dissonance.

These people are the tea party of the left and they wont change because their identity is also their ideology.

This place is crawling with social justice warriors.

Sethex
Jun 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Simplex posted:

We all know where this is headed. Two years from now everyone is going to act surprised when it turns out the Trump administration is corrupt as gently caress and Trump himself is incompetent for the job. We are all going to puzzle over how he basically has accomplished nothing that he actually ran on, and how this rich guy from from Wall Street has only managed to do things on his agenda that benefited other rich guys and Wall Street types.

Yeah, it's going to be lovely for a lot of people, but apparently every generation of liberals in this country needs a first hand experience of what Repbulican administrations are like before they can figure out what real political priorities are.

I'm a gender fluid black woman, thus my opinion cannot be refuted directly.

We need to go back to basics democrats, pronouns, white privilege, safe spaces, stay in your lane, let someone with less privilege have the opportunity to share their views pls; that is how we will win the white working class.

Sethex
Jun 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

PKJC posted:

Wow it sure would be nice if we could call a candidate ineffective without trying to absolve the people who a) stayed home and allowed this to happen because they weren't "enthused" enough to vote against cheeto fascist and b) the people who willingly voted for cheeto fascist. Those people also share blame in this, it is not entirely Hillary's fault, nor is Hillary to be considered not the one at fault for losing the campaign.

Votes are earned, not entitled.

Having movie stars declare that you must vote to eliminate your own job to prove you're not racist wasn't the right approach, offering literally nothing for the blue collar class other than 'dont let a racist win' maybe was dumb.

It was Hillary's election to lose and she did, she's a spectacular failure as a politician and let narcissism destroy the federal democrats.

You sound like an apologist for Hillary.

Sethex
Jun 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

BRAKE FOR MOOSE posted:

And you: don't be racist.

hahah never learn.

Trump is changing corporate tax to 15%, Healthcare is gone, keep on worrying whether its a he or she, lol you and the people like you are amazing.

Sethex fucked around with this message at 23:39 on Nov 9, 2016

Sethex
Jun 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

kartikeya posted:

lol at all the posters in this thread talking about how it's all the Democrats fault that Trump was elected. He just appeared out of the ether, the winner of the Republican primary, no one can say how it happened! All those sad white people just had to pull the lever for an actual fascist, why didn't you stop us from electing him, Hillary? Why? Whyyy? Stop paying attention to brown people and cater more to straight white dudes.

Straight white dudes go out and vote in greater proportions, because they are better at getting what they want.

lmao

Sethex
Jun 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

kartikeya posted:

There's a difference between 'Democrats didn't bring in enough of the white vote' and 'it is the Democrats' fault that Donald Trump is president'. The former is a fact, and we can argue until we're blue about what specifically contributed most to it (which is pretty pointless since we don't actually know yet), but you know what, a lot of Democrats worked their loving asses off in this election, not just for brown or black people, and a lot of the shitheads posting in this thread have admitted to voting for Trump, being a Bernout who didn't vote or voted for someone else, or just not caring.

Who overwhelmingly supported Trump in the primaries? Who pulled the lever for him on election day despite knowing what kind of a man he is? Hi, it was a whooooole lotta white people, not just white people, but largely white people, and all those people own their loving votes. A failure in the Democratic party does not absolve incredibly stupid, racist shitheads from voting for the orange con man with the stupid hair, or all the the many many many Republicans that fed that loving sewer for decades and then practically all bent the knee to their unholy creation for political power. Stop acting like people just couldn't help themselves.

As a trans genderfluid black womyn I find your opinions offensive.

See you at the BLM protests/SRS meetups ttyl

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Sethex
Jun 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Stevoblunt posted:

You think you are clever and funny, but you are not.

I'm sorry if I made your identity into a meme.

But srsly bro it's god drat hilarious that after all the trump stuff you guys are still primarily panicking about a bunch of trans/women/brown community hyperbole that isnt going to happen and not the economic downturn for the middle class, climate change or the total devastation of unions. loving lol

Sethex
Jun 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

kartikeya posted:

Doesn't it feel good to just outright say 'it's black and brown people's fault for not voting for my old white guy' instead of being all coy? Let it out.

Unironic hillary supporters going for the identity politic angle to criticize bernie supporters, you literally are incapable of learning anything.

Plz tell us more how you want to call people sexist misogynist homophones and also expect them to vote for a corporate whore.

Sethex
Jun 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Quick Draw McGraw posted:

This too

Every Bernie toxx loser should get a free account or upgrade plus an exclusive gold gang tag that says "told you so"

Sethex
Jun 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Not sure if it was posted here but Zizek does a pretty good video on the election outcome:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3JZmwQAZmak

I like the point where he specifies the left narrativizes the belief that 'low education' groups are to blame, despite this not being true and only speaking to the fact that academic leftists have lost touch with the working class.

Sethex
Jun 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

citybeatnik posted:

You could try running for office yourself.

Someone who thinks the political system works like how the media portrays it.

Sethex
Jun 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
The Russian cyber involvement and how the authoritarian liberals are handling it reminds me of how conservatives overemphasized the significance of bengazi.

Tbh in an election that was really close sure some email hacks going one way or the other might sway some slice of the pie but the suspicion that is was the Russians (which was broadcast throughout the news prior to the election) also impacts and counter balances the original slice.

Alienating the far left an using identity politics to slander bernie supporters as sexist was hilariously dumb and for me contemporary feminism is its own enemy.

Sethex
Jun 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Nevvy Z posted:

That's right, they only are different on the social issues that don't affect you anyway, so it's ok that Trump is now president. Only the people who voted for the person most likely to beat him are responsible for Trump's presidency.

So like what proportion of the US population is lgbtqw + black ppl, like 14%?

Are you going to deride them for low turnout too?

Lmao

Sethex
Jun 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

FAUXTON posted:

If Bernie won the primary, we'd be sitting here after losing the same, listening to the same rock-tossing shitbirds saying the same poo poo about some other group because Sanders had his blind spots too and that's why he lost the primary.

The primaries were officially rigged at this point. The way the Democratic party rules in NY and other states blocked newly registered democrats from voting was a real thing and information percolates much slower in the south. But sure, his blind spots.

Bernie probably would have won. People largely supported trump because they saw him as a departure from the Washington concensus, bernie would have stripped Trump's campaign of that asset.

Sethex
Jun 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Radish posted:

Sanders also didn't have decades of political assassination work done on him (literally no one would have cared about his sexy fan-fiction from decades ago) combined without the hubris of trying to run up the score in Republican states instead of campaigning to the base. We have no way of knowing in Earth #215 how Trump would have run against him but you can't say for certain he would have lost because possibly the worst political candidate in years did.

Assuming Bernie's campaign would have lost is a psychological coping mechanism employed by the shills to avoid the urgent need of self reflection.

Sethex
Jun 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

FAUXTON posted:

Primaries occurred outside NY and "The South." Unless you want to straight up rule out population centers and safe blue states with strong state party ops you're going to have a hard time arguing it was a close race under the anti-establishment atmosphere.

Your lack of acknowledgement that the dnc chose it's candidate before the primaries and the fact that you ignore the various examples that the process was rigged really just signals serious shilling.

http://www.salon.com/2016/03/30/10_ways_the_democratic_primary_has_been_rigged_from_the_start_partner/

The fact that the DNC itself is the reason they are a modern failure in American politics should be troubling for anyone seeking a government that reflects egalitarian values.

Also lmao @ the people seeking to bolster the legitimacy of the primary process as though the many flaws are inconsequential to the results.

Those people are a problem the left needs to solve.

Sethex
Jun 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Radish posted:

Selling out labor to become the Republicans party but without as much racism (and lol at the idea white suburbs in those states giving a poo poo about social issues or poor minorities) was the stated goal.

The hillary campaigns official logo was an 'H' with an arrow pointing to the right.

Lmao, think about that when we hear D&D ' s "progressives" defend Hillary's performance during the election.

You might think it's wrong for progressives to reject 'corporate rule lite' but your leaving out the part about people having irrational convictions of what is right, and people thinking the Democrats can be changed by sending them into political exile.

Sethex fucked around with this message at 18:38 on Dec 12, 2016

Sethex
Jun 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

citybeatnik posted:

And if it was pointing the other way people would be complaining about it symbolizing her moving backwards.

Not to the Jews. The only voting block that matters.

Sethex
Jun 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

TROIKA CURES GREEK posted:

The are differences but 'fptp sucks!!' thing is highly overblown by people looking for easy answers. It's not like workers parties win the leadership positions in Europe, they get a sliver of the vote and join governments with the larger parties and function in a manner that is largely the same way that the progressive caucus does in the us.

Cept for the fact that their labour rights don't suck balls like they do in the US and their social security systems don't have a literal lifespan to bankruptcy and they have efficient health care systems. Lol yea sames.

Sethex
Jun 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Harrow posted:

It makes me sad to see towns like my hometown turn on unions. Unions are the reason why towns like where I came from got to be prosperous. They're why manufacturing workers got overtime pay and vacation time. But people forget. They lose their good job, or see their neighbor lose a good job, because of factory outsourcing or downsizing and blame the unions for making it "too hard" to employ Americans. If only those evil unions were gone, surely companies would manufacture their goods in the US again. Hell, maybe they would, but you wouldn't get that time-and-a-half overtime or that steady work schedule, you wouldn't get that paid sick leave, none of that. It would be all the lovely things about the job you lost with none of the benefits that made it worth it.

Union people turn on unions because the unions went too far with creating tiered workforces benefitting the boomer whites.

Sethex
Jun 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Doctor Butts posted:

That's not why people turned on Unions.

Many millenials do, I'd agree with you if we only reference piss pan union workers from Reagan's era.

Sethex
Jun 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

archangelwar posted:

I have no idea how to respond because this is both inaccurate and question begging. Nothing can be a perfect defense if you have already determined that "actual law" is not the standard one should be held against when determining guilt and that you get to invent facts to arrive at your unreasonable standard. You are supporting an arbitrary standard by which to disqualify political candidates that will turn US elections into even more of a freak show than they already are.

And guess what, Trump was "under investigation" during the election as well (and not for something "technically illegal"), and his voters didn't give a poo poo.

Republicans aren't democrats, Republicans are low information single issue sports fans.

Of course they don't care, trump should prove you that there is no deal breaker possible if there is an R beside your name.

Democrats or some atleast can have 'deal breakers'.

Personal integrity an being a neolineral shill can be a deal breakers for democrats who are principled. (the democrat master race/sanders supporters)

Sethex
Jun 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

khwarezm posted:

Wow, this is an astonishingly bad case of log in eye.

:psyduck:
Newsflash, they're already ignored, so long as they aren't swing states. I cannot understand how anyone is still defending this system in 2016. The worst outcome seems to be that underpopulated states will continue to get ignored anyway, but some of the battleground areas will shift around and may actually revolve around areas where the most people actually live. Personally, I thought the point of good government is to meet the needs of the maximum possible amount of people in the country, inflating the influence of marginal areas at the expense of population centers is exactly the opposite of that!

Mixed member proportional representation exists. :effortless:

Sethex
Jun 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

MaxxBot posted:

She loves austerity and the drug war and hates gay marriage, I get that people here like her position on refugees but that alone doesn't make someone good.

If you copied her policy positions onto an American Democratic politician everyone here would call her blue dog scum rather than swoon over her.

The mechanisms of 'get behind our candidate' is strong among the shallow D&D "progressives.'

The only thing as reliable as their Hillary dissonance is their derision for Bernie supporters.

Sethex
Jun 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
A pretty central faction of the D&D community is incapable of looking at the world from anything other than an intersectional lens, that said, here is a pretty shallow but short video that hit on some good bits that resonate with a lot of what the functioning progressives have been echoing throughout the thread.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lvfgG9kjijg

Sethex fucked around with this message at 07:41 on Dec 30, 2016

Sethex
Jun 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

XyrlocShammypants posted:

Case in point, you have people still claiming there was massive collusion with regard to the DNC and several media outlets to shut down bernie and raise up clinton but when you ask those posters to find the leaked emails on that subject they find the same two emails that don't suggest any profound level of collusion at all

It's like the annoying people who never shut up about "safe spaces" and "micro aggressions" at universities and the evidence for this mass movement of pussyism are the same 10 events from the period of 1998-2016 or events that never existed or were simply taken out of context.

lmao @ your denial

Yeeeaaaaah the DNC chair stepped down over it, but totes wasn't a real according to unwitting idiots for trump

The DNC financial officer was trying to press the media to determine if Sanders was an atheist or jew.

The media's bernie blackout was a thing aaaaand it is pretty much an insult to have authentically supported hillary over bernie.

I can give you a small pile of pussyisms from my local university
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-jEQYHAFfjg
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/ottawa/university-ottawa-yoga-cultural-sensitivity-1.3330441

Odd how the Hillary love also correlates with the intersectional ideology/outrage culture

Sethex fucked around with this message at 14:56 on Dec 30, 2016

Sethex
Jun 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

zegermans posted:

Plus honestly I don't think the leaks had that big of an impact overall, Bernouts were going to be intransigent no matter what for her usurpation of their favorite politician that they totally knew existed in January of 2015.

She lost to Donald Trump, that should induce some serious self reflection.

You must be really salty if your concluding statement is to now poo poo on people for not knowing senators.

You're more hosed than LGBTQ rights in Trump's America.

Sethex fucked around with this message at 08:30 on Dec 30, 2016

Sethex
Jun 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Darth Walrus posted:

It's not so much about whether poo poo will happen as it is about why this is important. Seen a lot of folks going on about how the DNC hacks wouldn't have been a big deal if the DNC hadn't been corrupt and/or idiots, and a lot of other folks going on about how that's from artificially inflated non-stories, and all that seems to slide around the core of the problem, that a foreign power spied on a political party ahead of an election and released the info to their political opponents, and the guy who is now the president of the United loving States of America thanked them for it.

That's pretty close to a mortal blow for a democracy.

It is already a two party consensus mediated by bullshit issues revolving around social issues, democracy was already dead.

Darth Walrus posted:

The 'poorly-secured' private server Clinton used never got hacked, and had considerably better security than the flaming shitshow that was government e-mail in the State Department. It was the DNC that got hacked. Even if it had been Clinton personally who got hit, your argument basically boils down to 'well, maybe the Watergate building should have had better locks'. You're also shrugging off the winner of a presidential election endorsing flagrantly illegal behaviour that will hurt all his opponents, not just the ones you don't like.

In short, you're being a loving idiot. Please stop it.

Is there an article for that?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sethex
Jun 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

KomradeX posted:

I think the one take away is how Neo- Liberalism has redefined talking about Class issues as meaning you don't care about social issues. This was 4 years ago and we saw it brought to a crescendo this past election. It's always been a false dichotomy that has been foisted upon us by the Liberals pay masters. The divide had always been between the people fighting for the rights of the working class and oppressed minorities and the people like Schumer and Clinton who have forced this wedge so that they can appeal to be socially conscious while doubling down on the retrenchment of the capital class.

I think the approach of deriding economic justice advocates an labelling them opponents of social justice are pretty strong in the vox populi of the actual left at this point.

This manifests in the derision that many voices here and in the media have for sanders supporters.

Back when the election just finished up an you had a significant amount of our famous so called 'progressives' defending hillary as a choice candidate speaks to the reality that the left is actually hosed at the bottom an not just at the top.

• Locked thread