Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

Am I a... bad person?
AM I??

Fun Shoe
I liked the backwards toilet bit just as much this time as I did the first time I saw it, when it was a plot point on a South Park episode.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

Am I a... bad person?
AM I??

Fun Shoe
After seeing Solange perform, especially after that second one where her stage crew included two bass players so that they could dance while holding bass guitars or something? Anyway, that second performance, from the singing to the song itself to the... let's call it "choreography"... just, wow. I was wrong about her. I compared her to the much less talented sisters of performers Jessica Simpson and Britney Spears. What I failed to realize is that the gulf between Solange and her much more talented sister dwarfs the gulf between the Simpson and Spears siblings.

Hell, it's a gulf so big that it could be between Beyonce's thighs on a photograph that totally hasn't been fauxtoshopped with a camera-phone filter.

Just... just terrible.

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

Am I a... bad person?
AM I??

Fun Shoe
I didn't get to watch this until after my wife and I came home from the bar, but man, I almost wish I didn't have friends who invited us out to drink tonight. This episode was a-loving-mazing.

The cold open was tear-jerkingly apropos, and the Inside SNL sketch was too loving much. I had no idea this was all bad on purpose until... well, until they made it clear it was on purpose. Don't know what that says about the rest of this season and this cast... well that's not true; I know exactly what it says about this season and cast. But, it was still really good. Really original.

"Dave, you're a comedy legend. Why this sketch?"
"Man, the wig was funny, alright? I put it on; I really thought I was going to be the next David S. Pumpkins! Clearly, I was wrong."

"Live from New York: y'all can kiss my rear end."

This episode reminded me a lot of what I liked about SNL, and I'm talking about the many decades that I have devoted to watching the show. Just great stuff all around. I logged in to SA to say how much I liked this episode, and there were 200+ posts to this thread. That's like a baseball game day thread in SAS. Impressive!

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

Am I a... bad person?
AM I??

Fun Shoe
I saw that bit on YouTube yesterday. Not the funniest thing in the world, but it was good for some chuckles. I like how any denial is always followed by the losing horn sound from television's most exciting hour.

• Locked thread