Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MC Fruit Stripe
Nov 26, 2002

around and around we go
I mean, that has to be the best episode of all time, right? You pick whatever your favorite cast is and find your favorite episode from them - (the one where Amy was amazing in every sketch, Kristen barely let anyone get a word in, the Lonely Island song was great, and all the MacGrubers were hilarious) - and this had to top it. The cold open worked on so many emotional levels, the monologue was funny and poignant, the sketch about watching the election skewered everything about that night perfectly, ATCQ being there in the first place much less the perfect song much less the Phife tribute, Weekend Update was on point, the meta skit was amazing, and the rest of the material worked well enough to flesh it out. That episode has to be the definitive comedic statement on the election.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MC Fruit Stripe
Nov 26, 2002

around and around we go
Eh, I understand they can't leave that kind of policy to interpretation, but the use of that word in the Roosevelt anecdote was very important. I'm glad my station maintained the integrity of the quote.

MC Fruit Stripe
Nov 26, 2002

around and around we go
If anything I was happy to hear someone without the voice for it, which is to say, that's one of a handful of songs that reality show contestants try to use to get a record deal or a concert tour offer, by stuffing every melismatic run they can think of into the tune and saying "look at me!", and it's just exhausting to listen to a lot of the time.

MC Fruit Stripe
Nov 26, 2002

around and around we go

sportsgenius86 posted:

No. maybe you're thinking of The Weeknd?
Who incidentally seems to be on way more than his level of fame would dictate

But yeah Chance was on the "Kanye has everyone else do the work for him but is still the musical guest" episode last year

Of the 3 announced hosts, I'm probably most excited about John Cena.

MC Fruit Stripe
Nov 26, 2002

around and around we go
Ahh yeah, I kinda got him lost in their 6 musical guest rotation of Drake-Ariana-Weeknd-Kanye-indiecredgroup-personwhosebestworkis15yearsbehindthem.

• Locked thread