Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Also Texas won, D'Onta Foreman for Heisman

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
I didn't get to watch the fourth quarter, but what I saw, we played really well and then got in our own way a lot to let Tech stay in the game.

Tech scored a bunch and got a lot of yards, but I'm pretty sure without looking it up that we held them below their average on both stats. The defense actually looked competent at times.

I don't know if we can win out though. W. Va. presumably doesn't suck, and TCU just beat the everloving poo poo out of Baylor in Waco, and we barely beat them at home.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

kayakyakr posted:

Tech spent most of the day sitting on their own balls. Defense looked competent at times and at others looked like the literal worst. Offense couldn't ever really figure out what they wanted to do.

I dunno man the Tech D looked pretty goddamn awful all day. That first UT drive was maybe the saddest defensive performance I've seen all year, and I've spent all year watching UT's lovely defense.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

kayakyakr posted:

You didn't watch the 4th quarter. They also had a stretch during the 2nd quarter that they looked like they were doing something.

But they were otherwise terrible, yes. very very very terrible.

Yeah I guess we didn't do much scoring in the 4th quarter. I heard we stopped feeding Foreman at some point, which seems like a bad idea.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

buddhanc posted:

The defense caused 2 or 3 turnovers, got off the field on 3rd down, held Mahomes and Tech to 100 yards and 15 points under their averages, all on the road. Definitely a marked improvement. And the offense is still good, except for a silly call or two.

The game against WVU will probably be pretty close and intense.

Yeah the defense has looked downright decent the last couple of games based on who we played. I don't know that giving up a bunch of yards a ~35 points to Baylor and Texas Tech is really all that awful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Scionix posted:

I like how fellow texas fans are so battered its like "ehhhh we only gave up 35 and a 500+ yards to lovely teams...not bad!"

Hey man, TTU had the No. 1 offense in the nation, and one of those TDs was defensive.

• Locked thread