Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
me your dad
Jul 25, 2006

It's a little corny, but I originally got into him via the Natural Born Killers soundtrack, which had The Future and Waiting for the Miracle. I fell in love with Waiting for the Miracle. It was unlike anything else I would have been listening to at the time but his voice, the song and the lyrics really hit me.

I bought the album The Future and it was all I knew of him for about six years until I got into my first serious relationship and the girl properly introduced me to his albums. Up until then I only knew his synthy stuff so the acoustic work was a shock. That relationship eventually broke up and Leonard Cohen is the only positive memory I have of those years. His darkest acoustic songs are my favorite and they've accompanied me through some rough times and each winter never fails to bring them into rotation.

One of my favorites: Avalanche

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SQe88ybEIe8

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread