Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
In2this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
I Understand That If I Do Not Unvote The Mod Will Not Count A Revote Unless I Am A Doublevoter

Hi everyone!

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back

Dick Bastardly posted:

:gives PMom a sideways glance suspiciously:

I think I heard those mean ol' monsters are repulsed by creativity too...

:sticks tongue out at PMom:

Ooh sick burn. I think.

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
Someone should teach me how to not be lurky and :justpost:

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
Whoa I can't believe this works. You're a miracle worker tmm

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back

Asiina posted:

So Ernie I'm assuming you were making a lovely case to try to catch people jumping on you.

Because goddamn.

Somberbrero posted:

this post is weird, like you're waiting for someone else to take the lead.

I don't really see how this jives with her calling him out. It doesn't necessarily mean she thinks Ernie is scum, but it could. I just don't get how this post is supposedly asiina taking a backseat.

I'm actually trying to post in this game guys! How am I doing?

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
I can't tell if Ernie is making bad cases to try and catch someone hopping onto it or because he actually believes them

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back

Somberbrero posted:

there sure is a whole lot of rhetoric going on here.

wow this post is so scummy

jk somber. you know i have to do this every game. maybe i'll catch you actually being scummy later

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back

TMMadman posted:

I'm not liking thar DB vote either. I don't like how he asked my reasons for not liking the Pmom vote, but doesn't respond to my answer and then drops another vote on Ernie anyway before leaving for the night.

I completely agree with this. It's a serious vote based on "weird" joke phase posts.

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
I'm glad deadline was extended bc it probably would have ended in a nl. Ecco said they'd only extend it if no one was halfway to the lynch. I was at rehearsal, sorry.

I don't really like all the votes on Ernie. He doesn't seem particularly scummy to me. I'm more pinged by tmm and dick.

The original interaction between Ernie and TMM felt to me that Ernie was purposely making a bad case (as people do) and seeing who hops on it, and tmm completely attacked him for it. It* was just such a serious casing for early day 1 that I assumed it was made for that purpose. I could be wrong, but that's how I interpreted it.

Ernie. posted:

I don't know. There are too many reasons to think max is town and too few to think he's scum.

That vote looks lazy in hindsight. If he's scum he knows it's a quick way to draw attention/disagreement right now. He's hopping his vote many times trying to stick it somewhere etc. It would all be very careless scum play.

Whereas on the scum side ... what? He reacted semi badly to a semi badly worded post?

Then he was talking about how he didn't want to vote Ernie, but when deadline was moved, he's only complained about how we could have lynched Ernie before tonight's deadline. He's just really all over the place and I don't like the smell of it.

##vote tmm

PS speaking of smells, I just washed my hands with Bath and Body Works "Coconut Pumpkin Latte" scented soap and I cannot stop sniffing my hands it's so delicious.

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back

Murmur Twin posted:

And this is totally meta but I'll put it out since I think it - I believe that if TMM were scum he would have 100% been having this argument in the scumdoc, which makes me lean town there.

This is such a waffly post. If he flips town, you can say that you totally knew it, but if he flips scum, you can say it was just a meta read and didn't mean anything. Seems super easy to make this post as a bus of your scumbro.

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back

TMMadman posted:

I was pointing out that scum could come in and see that Ernie was at -2 or -1 and drop a lazy vote on him to try to get him lynched.

So then why were you complaining?

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
Too many people are basing their cases on meta so far. I can understand like bringing it up bc you noticed something or other, but casing or voting someone entirely on meta is terrible.

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
Ok I see what you're saying but I kind of disagree about late votes. Yes, scum can pile on at the last minute to get a townie lynched, but also town who show up near deadline and are like poo poo I don't wanna nl would jump on too. Plus, wouldn't scum kind of want a no lynch this early in the game? What you're saying is very speculative.

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back

Max posted:

Like, MMT saying lets get rid of a lurker and Somber saying lets get rid of MMT for pushing a lurker case are two different things here. That MMT is also lurking is incidental to that case.

How is it incidental??

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
Wow this is like a super serious day 1. It's hard to keep up with this many wordy posts.

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back

Dick Bastardly posted:

Madman, do you draw a distinction between non-posting versus low-content/low-volume of posts in a given day? How do you define lurking exactly?

this is pretty funny because I think dick is one of the people doing high-volume/low-content posts. a lot of his posting is either asking questions to other people

Dick Bastardly posted:

What about it is stinky?

Dick Bastardly posted:

Keane, what do you think about the interaction so far between pmom and moat? You mentioned something of your olfactory senses tingling?

Dick Bastardly posted:

I agree that Ernie. seems slightly erratic. Most likely my vote, but will withhold for now.

Chores, what about Keane's posting is worthy of a vote? I'm not saying I don't think he's worthy of a vote btw, I'm legit curious to see a case.

Dick Bastardly posted:

So... was your first comment based on the content of my post you thought was TM? That doesn't even make sense. How can your opinion of something change solely on the knowledge of who is posting vice what they posted? A post is a post regardless right?

Dick Bastardly posted:

Moat, could you also explain what about Chores makes you feel "good"?

He really only has one decent content post which is this one:

Dick Bastardly posted:

Did a re-read and to be honest I can't say I see anything that jumps out at me as "oh yeah, 100% scum slam dunk" material. I've cooled on Ernie, I appreciate the list he put up and after reading it again I've decided to ##unvote

I don't really like Pmom's play so far, his voting feels very opportunistic to me. The only content with any real weight seems to revolve around an argument about a correlation of scumminess to lurkiness, which isn't a great argument imo but especially D1 when it isn't even apparent that lurkiness is habitual or damaging to town in any case thus far.

Fisk's insistence on votes for Ernie being bad kind of feel like a scumbro attempting to take the pressure off of another scumbro, because at that time in the game, I don't think those votes were that bad based on the information we had to go on. I'd really like to see more participation by Fisk (by participation, I mean actual reads/cases).

I'd also like to call out Moat for some sore substantial contributions to the hunt.

more posts incoming now that I have time and a computer handy

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
pmom has also been a high-postcount/low-content voter

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
i think tmm is probably town. his logic is pretty consistent and pro-town.

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back

Dick Bastardly posted:

Wow. Asking questions to further propagate discussion, who would've thought that would be related to low content posting? I mean just think about that, it's a paradox.

except you're not contributing to the discussion. you're asking questions and peacing out.

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
Sorry I just got back from reh. I guess I should hammer?

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
Oh ok never mind then.

Umm can we maybe get more votes up in here?

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
##unvote

##vote pmom

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
Will vote keane if I have to

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
But I don't want to tbh

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
Thought you had a couple more votes pmom. Like 3 or 4. Didn't realize people unvoted you

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
##unvote

##vote keane

This is probably a bad idea guys. -1

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back

Somberbrero posted:

i think we still don't have the votes.

A+ Hamilton reference

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
Groan

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
I would believe that taste investigated pmom, but i don't necessarily believe he would claim so early in the game with zero pressure. these just seems like a generally bad idea for cops.

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
Can't tell if this is real fighting or play fighting. Please enlighten me

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back

Tired Moritz posted:

if I get roleblocked and slammed my face against a scum, do I die? asking people who has experience in this role.

In general I think being roleblocked would prevent you from even doing the action, so you wouldn't actually get the chance to visit the scum. But who knows in an ecco game!

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back

TMMadman posted:

Do you have any opinions on who might be scum? I looked through your posting and you haven't really offered anything solid.

I still think pmom is scummy

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
Ernie I totally see what you're saying here, but tmm is always pretty argumentative regardless of alignment

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
In my experience, tmm gets lynched bc of this and then the thread dies bc he was the one creating most of the conversation

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
sorry guys I have been busy doing crap around the house all day. trying to catch up on the thread now

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
here is my lumpen list

towniest towns
me
tmm
chores
ernie
tm
somber

unknown quantities
taste
stickup
mmt
moat

slightly scummier
max
asiina

scummiest scumbos
pmom

i wouldn't be against lynching asiina bc she's basically not here, but i don't know that it would give us any useful information. ernie has the next highest votes but i really don't think he's scum.

every time i play this game i remind myself how bad i am at scumhunting

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
Lol the more asiina posts the scummier she seems

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back

this is a stickup posted:

unless tm's flavor actually is some kind of cop and the godfather would have been recruitable, there is surely a cop. what makes you think otherwise?

Given that there are masons already I feel a lot worse about TM's claim. if ernie was recruited into a cult,
he would confirm tm as a town mason recruiter regardless, that's not even remotely a reason to stop questioning it

I disagree with the first part of this post. Not every game will have a cop, even if there is a godfather. We can't assume there is one.

I definitely see the cult argument here though. Setup spec is kinda bad but having a mason recruiter on top of a masonry seems excessive. Though on the other hand, having a cult recruiter who can only recruit vt is broken. But maybe tm is lying about his ability.

TM will the masonry you create still exist if you die?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
I started writing up my case on pmom but I gotta go to sleep. I promise I'll finish it tmrw.

• Locked thread