Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

Pinterest Mom posted:

right, that guy
i'd vote for him

This person right here is scum

I have decided to drop the PR because it is preventing my engagement.

This is a direct result of my bro ulixes

I am feeling good about the following peeps

Mmt, tmm, chores

My vote is gonna remain here even thought it began as an easy OMGUS while in character it has developed into an actual suspicion

Namaste

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
yeah that's not a great post. i feel like moritz has done something like that in every game i've played though.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
raaaaa okay. i don't think i want to dunk pmom though. i guess you could call their voting pattern 'opportunistic' but we're struggling to get annnnything done. his thought process seems pretty evident and i can see how he's reaching his conclusions, so!

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
I have reservations on TM because he basically always looks scummy in his approach to mafia

That being said I would rather not no lynch

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.

Max posted:

How do you feel about Ernie?

Gut says town.

Ernie. posted:

And if I'm wrong about that, explain to me like I'm five why someone mischaracterizing how many times you've voted to call you town is a scum strategy. Walk me through my hypothetical masterplan.

I agree with Ernie's point that what he's being accused of, regardless of whether or not he did it, isn't something that makes me think he's scum.

Ernie's tone throughout this game has come off as someone who's (a) reading through it and (b) unconcerned with dying.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

Pinterest Mom posted:

right, that guy
i'd vote for him

Pinterest Mom posted:

wait i thought db was tm i might not want to vote db

So... was your first comment based on the content of my post you thought was TM? That doesn't even make sense. How can your opinion of something change solely on the knowledge of who is posting vice what they posted? A post is a post regardless right?

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Moatillata posted:

This person right here is scum

I have decided to drop the PR because it is preventing my engagement.

This is a direct result of my bro ulixes

I am feeling good about the following peeps

Mmt, tmm, chores

My vote is gonna remain here even thought it began as an easy OMGUS while in character it has developed into an actual suspicion

Namaste

Putting it out there - I'm suspicious of Moat based on his signal : noise ratio.

Moat: can you sell us on what makes you think PMom is scum? Right now it feels like you're posting just to have an opinion on the record.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
Moat, could you also explain what about Chores makes you feel "good"?

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Dick Bastardly posted:

So... was your first comment based on the content of my post you thought was TM? That doesn't even make sense. How can your opinion of something change solely on the knowledge of who is posting vice what they posted? A post is a post regardless right?

reading your post, i remembered that i thought tm was scummy based on that earlier awkward jump off ernie and would vote for him. i thought you were tm, you're not.

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

Murmur Twin posted:

Putting it out there - I'm suspicious of Moat based on his signal : noise ratio.

Moat: can you sell us on what makes you think PMom is scum? Right now it feels like you're posting just to have an opinion on the record.

*Turns the dial clockwise about 45 degrees*

It's day one and most of the arguments have been boring/based on semantics. I think of it all pmom would be a good choice and I have a feeling they are scum.

Why are you grandstanding my dear mmt?

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Moatillata posted:

*Turns the dial clockwise about 45 degrees*

It's day one and most of the arguments have been boring/based on semantics. I think of it all pmom would be a good choice and I have a feeling they are scum.

Why are you grandstanding my dear mmt?

Murmur Twin posted:

I don't know if you're town or scum. I'm engaging you in conversation to determine your alignment.

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

Dick Bastardly posted:

I'm laughing irl to this question rn so many good snarky responses my brain rn

https://i.makeagif.com/media/11-06-2015/rD9Q9N.gif

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Dick Bastardly posted:

Madman, do you draw a distinction between non-posting versus low-content/low-volume of posts in a given day? How do you define lurking exactly?

IMO lurking is most often determined by volume, but it's possible to be a low volume poster without being a lurker by good coherent posts and analysis. It's also possible for a high volume poster to be a lurker by overloading the thread with useless posts and content meant to distract or annoy.

In this game, dongs is lurking through low volume and low content while Keane is kind of being a high volume/low content lurker.

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
Oh yeah, I also trust keane

Something about him.. maybe his roguish good looks?

I dunno it must be subconscious

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

Moatillata posted:

I'm laughing irl to this question rn so many good snarky responses my brain rn

https://i.makeagif.com/media/11-06-2015/rD9Q9N.gif

I want to read them....all of them :q:

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

Moatillata posted:

Oh yeah, I also trust keane

Something about him.. maybe his roguish good looks?

I dunno it must be subconscious

I am also drinking the Keane cool-aid. At least for today.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Comfortable keeping my vote

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

Dick Bastardly posted:

I'll give you a straight answer instead

Chores was a high volume low content (for the most part) poster in shine. I believe he is doing something different this time. He also doesn't really like to post much d1 because he really wants to make it to lylo and d1 is normally a poo poo show. What I'm seeing is fine with me however I would be suss if he continued in this fashion

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Murmur Twin posted:

Gut says town.

I agree with Ernie's point that what he's being accused of, regardless of whether or not he did it, isn't something that makes me think he's scum.

Ernie's tone throughout this game has come off as someone who's (a) reading through it and (b) unconcerned with dying.

Ah this post confuses me so much. Until I read it I was sure I was going to vote you, now not so much.

Where I'm at right now is I think somber is town. The way he got angry at TMM not understanding him felt like it was coming from a position of wanting to be relevant and understood rather than from a scum pov which would want to spin it into an advantage.

You missing that and instead commenting on the tone of it made me feel like you're scum easily hopping on a case that's easy to make.

Now I just don't know what to do. Part of me thinks you'd make this exact post as scum but part of me thinks if you were you'd append 'im not 100% on ernie but I feel good because:' to make sure id still be a viable cuddle on future days.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

Jonathan Fisk posted:

Comfortable keeping my vote

How was TMs vote on Ernie bad (not disagreeing here, just a question)

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back

Dick Bastardly posted:

Madman, do you draw a distinction between non-posting versus low-content/low-volume of posts in a given day? How do you define lurking exactly?

this is pretty funny because I think dick is one of the people doing high-volume/low-content posts. a lot of his posting is either asking questions to other people

Dick Bastardly posted:

What about it is stinky?

Dick Bastardly posted:

Keane, what do you think about the interaction so far between pmom and moat? You mentioned something of your olfactory senses tingling?

Dick Bastardly posted:

I agree that Ernie. seems slightly erratic. Most likely my vote, but will withhold for now.

Chores, what about Keane's posting is worthy of a vote? I'm not saying I don't think he's worthy of a vote btw, I'm legit curious to see a case.

Dick Bastardly posted:

Dick Bastardly posted:

He really only has one decent content post which is this one:

Dick Bastardly posted:

Did a re-read and to be honest I can't say I see anything that jumps out at me as "oh yeah, 100% scum slam dunk" material. I've cooled on Ernie, I appreciate the list he put up and after reading it again I've decided to ##unvote

I don't really like Pmom's play so far, his voting feels very opportunistic to me. The only content with any real weight seems to revolve around an argument about a correlation of scumminess to lurkiness, which isn't a great argument imo but especially D1 when it isn't even apparent that lurkiness is habitual or damaging to town in any case thus far.

Fisk's insistence on votes for Ernie being bad kind of feel like a scumbro attempting to take the pressure off of another scumbro, because at that time in the game, I don't think those votes were that bad based on the information we had to go on. I'd really like to see more participation by Fisk (by participation, I mean actual reads/cases).

I'd also like to call out Moat for some sore substantial contributions to the hunt.

more posts incoming now that I have time and a computer handy

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
pmom has also been a high-postcount/low-content voter

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
Wow. Asking questions to further propagate discussion, who would've thought that would be related to low content posting? I mean just think about that, it's a paradox.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Dick Bastardly posted:

How was TMs vote on Ernie bad (not disagreeing here, just a question)

It was opportunistic and hedged from the beginning. Note the specific wording of the vote.

It's icing on the cake that they abandoned it right after I objected

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
i think tmm is probably town. his logic is pretty consistent and pro-town.

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back

Dick Bastardly posted:

Wow. Asking questions to further propagate discussion, who would've thought that would be related to low content posting? I mean just think about that, it's a paradox.

except you're not contributing to the discussion. you're asking questions and peacing out.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

AnonymousNarcotics posted:

except you're not contributing to the discussion. you're asking questions and peacing out.

Touche. It's not for lack of trying though. I just don't have any "aha!" reads. To be honest, I feel like if I post stuff that I'm not 100 about I'll get challenged and ultimately fall flat on my face about it. I actually have to try to put myself in a non-self-conscious state of mind in order to put myself out there like that, it doesn't come easy for me. But I will try drat it.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Asking questions isn't that suspicious d1

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
If you really want to know how I feel right now, other than what I've already said, I will add that I'm not liking Keane or Chores for their mystery posting although I do have a non-scum type theory for Keane's behavior and would like to see how night mafia shakes out. Same with chores, except my read here is really more middle of the road not leaning scum or town. I really feel like without results, their play will fall apart.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Ernie. posted:

You missing that and instead commenting on the tone of it made me feel like you're scum easily hopping on a case that's easy to make.

Now I just don't know what to do. Part of me thinks you'd make this exact post as scum but part of me thinks if you were you'd append 'im not 100% on ernie but I feel good because:' to make sure id still be a viable cuddle on future days.

I seem to remember having a meta on you where you tunneled hard as scum D1 whereas this game you sound more like someone who isn't sure of their reads. To me, it reads like town.

I talked about your tone, rather than your case, because I was asked specifically what my read was on you and that was my thought process. :)

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
Feeling a bit better now, or well my fever is down at least. I'm sticking with my vote for now, TM's response and nothing else since have swayed me.

I seriously doubt dick is scum. He's asking questions that I also would want to know and it feels pretty genuine. I would be leaning pmom if we were considering high volume/low content posters but that's not necessary right now imo

Chores is really weirding me out this game, and I have no idea if that's a good or bad thing

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
about to enter a realm of mystery and wonder where cell phones don't exist, can we please get a consensus going?

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

Somberbrero posted:

about to enter a realm of mystery and wonder where cell phones don't exist, can we please get a consensus going?

Actually I would prefer to hear more about this land

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
It sure is a good thing we had these extra two days to end up in the exact same position.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Keep telling that same joke

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

TMMadman posted:

It sure is a good thing we had these extra two days to end up in the exact same position.

There is a portrait of this joke hidden in tmms house that grows my decrepit by the minute

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Vote moritz. They're scum.

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

Jonathan Fisk posted:

Vote Pmom. They're scum.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

##unvote
##vote tired moritz

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
##unvote
##vote Pmom

All he's done is throw around his vote. He's not actually looking for scum, he's just looking to get a vote that sticks.

• Locked thread