Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SamuraiPaul
Oct 9, 2005

Blowin' up da moon.
I pre-ordered this game because it was the only new fall game that let me invert both the x and y axis on my controller (with the exception of maybe Mafia III). I'm one one of those freaks that likes the invert option in Beyond Good and Evil.

I did like the first watch dogs, so long as I didn't do story missions. Hacking and player invasions were incredibly fun. I've heard the seamless multiplayer is not working as of now. Hopefully that will only effect co op because I am ready for more digital hide and go seek.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SamuraiPaul
Oct 9, 2005

Blowin' up da moon.
Tower of Power in the opening has me excited to play tomorrow.

It looks like the co-op is more like Far Cry 4 than Saints Row 2, but I've not played the.game yet. If it even works. Has anyone with the game been able to run co-op?

I am going to try to do as little shooting in my first playthrough as I can. As Aiden I ended up killing a lot of people in the few non-invasion missions I played. Nowadays I kinda just want to hit people with a ball on a string. And more hacking of online players. The thrill of walking around like an ai while the other player flips out looking for you is great. Until they find you and murder you with an smg.

SamuraiPaul
Oct 9, 2005

Blowin' up da moon.
https://twitter.com/watchdogsgame/status/801110617960615936

Watch Dogs Twitter says a significant portion (the most important being hacking invasions) are back up and functioning.

I just finished A hack invasion and thwarted another. I was already pleased with my purchase because the corny story appeals to me and the gadgets are fun to control. Now with invasions working and the rest of the features not far off I'm more pleased.

SamuraiPaul
Oct 9, 2005

Blowin' up da moon.
Sadly no. You can place explosives or shock bombs on them and fly them to people but you can't just run into them and knock them out.

later you get an upgrade that allows the RCs to drop multiple throwables.

I beat the game last night and have had this song stuck in my head all night.

https://youtu.be/DjVDx3PyQOQ

I really enjoyed the final missions, even if the cutscenes following that were anticlimatic. I'm probably going to come back and Platinum this since this looks like such an easy one to get.

SamuraiPaul
Oct 9, 2005

Blowin' up da moon.
If you hold down circle to call back your drone it will drop the bomb you stuck to it. Then you can detonate it from a safe distance and not have to worry about cool down. I only used this on one mission though you'll probably figure out which one as you play.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SamuraiPaul
Oct 9, 2005

Blowin' up da moon.
Spaz by N.E.R.D.? it's in the game, I think it's timed when you get it in the story or something.

Actually I think I got it when I heard it playing out of someone's car and picked it up using the notshazaam.

• Locked thread