Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Grandmother of Five
May 9, 2008

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money. I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.
I meant to ask this in some kind of general "kid's games" games thread instead of making a new thread, but was sort of surprised about how there doesn't seem to be Games thread specifically about kid's gaming. Goons are getting old as hell, and even if they are unfit to have children of their own, I'm sure a lot of people have nephews and nieces. Anyway, I think it'd be neat & interesting with a thread about discussing and sharing takes on gaming & kids. Both general stuff, like how much gaming people feel that it is OK for their kids to do, like whether you have rules about a certain amount of max playtime, or whatever, and more specific stuff, like whether particular games are suited to children of a certain age-range; whether a game has proven too scary or complicated despite your kids being in the recommended age-range.

Games, even ones that are marketed at kids, can be really bad at conveying this seemingly basic information. Taking the LEGO games as an example, they're obviously marketed at least towards parents and adults much as kids. Like, what 6-11 year old cares about Back to the Future and the A-Team? They're still most definitely kid's games, as well, though, because what non-parent adult is really into Ninjago? So if there isn't another thread with this topic, i'd like to see this one turn into a resource on sharing opinions, advice & recommendations on suitable-age ranges, takes on how complicated, scary and generally suitable specific games are to different age-ranges.

I'm wondering myself, if anyone has tried out LEGO Multiverse and has any comments on how complicated & scary it is for smaller children, because it seems like a fun and neat way to both play with actual LEGO and virtual LEGO, but the age-range is pretty generous, and what's doable and fun for an 11 year old might just be impossible for a 6 year old. If anyone has experience with this game, please share your opinions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grandmother of Five
May 9, 2008

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money. I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.
I'm reserving this posts, which is something that people do for some reason. Not exactly sure why tbh, but I'll use this space to post pictures of cool gaming stuff that's definitely for kids aged 6-11;

• Locked thread