Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lurken
Nov 10, 2012
Out of curiosity, why don't y'all like Legends? I'm having quite the fun time there :ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lurken
Nov 10, 2012
Seconding the love for Legends. The community is lovely, and the economy is healthy. The only issue I have is that they just changed the NPCs in the Death Watch Bunker to be twice as lethal in order to combat spies farming for BLs/PLCs, which did nothing to fix the problem and just makes it more of a grind for everyone else.

Lurken
Nov 10, 2012

Shallowfish posted:

The new Cloud City update on Legends is pretty nice, gives me a nice, fuzzy feeling when I see that development is still ongoing.

I haven’t been able to get enough screen time together to check it out, how easy is it to navigate? Are there any stability issues?

Lurken
Nov 10, 2012

Burt posted:

Questions.

How do I play on a screen bigger than a postage stamp?
How do I pick up the spool of wire Han Solo sends me to find, nothing seems to work?

When I try to open the settings from the log in screen it just says I have an error and the game won't work. I t does work and when I modify the config file manually to give me bigger screen res it works but the text is tiny.

Halp Obi Wan.

OK I sorted the interact button, lol tilde, and found by opening the settings from the main directory I can set the screen res. I still can't seem to get bigger fonts size however and I am still getting the error message even with a delete and reinstall.
I am back playing again though!

Or not. Server been down all day :(

I think you have to download a mod to increase the font size beyond a certain point. I’m not sure if it’s universal across different servers though. What server are you playing on?

Lurken
Nov 10, 2012
Welp, I watched the first episode of Book of Boba Fett and now I’ve got the SWG bug again. Is anyone playing on Legends? I’ve seriously considered moving to other servers but that’s the one I’ve got my Mando helm on so it’s gonna be a hard sell to go somewhere else.

Lurken
Nov 10, 2012

Antifa Spacemarine posted:

Is anyone playing on Legends? I am having some fun but I really want to join a player city with non-grognards.

I’m still playing, Having a good time being casually affiliated with Death before Dishonor. Do you have PMs?

Lurken
Nov 10, 2012

tadashi posted:

Is that the same guild from Lowca or is that just a common-enough name that somebody was going to use it?

Any EMU servers worth a drat right now? Kind of feel like loving around assuming they haven't updated the graphics requirements or something.

That’s a great question, I was from starsider (before it was cool, might I add), and I havent thought to ask.

Legends is pretty great. Active community, they push new updates out relatively frequently, it’s a good time.

Lurken
Nov 10, 2012
Anybody still on Legends? New patch notes just dropped for the start of their Empire Day event and apparently they added the Assault Gunboat from TIE Fighter. Tryna find pictures but it’s still so wild to me that SWG is receiving updates in various forms in TYOOL 2023

https://swglegends.com/forums/showthread.php?63812-Development-Update-June-2023&p=658011#post658011

Lurken
Nov 10, 2012

I said come in! posted:

Okay I got my Katarn armor set! Now I need a new weapon.

What’s your prof? I tend to have a variety of mustafarian weapons lying around and I’d be happy to drop one off for you at my vendor

Theyre not endgame tier, but it definitely will get the job done

Lurken
Nov 10, 2012

SimonChris posted:

Is there any stormtrooper RP on any of the servers? The most fun I ever had in an MMO was being in a stormtrooper RP guild in Galaxies. We all wore full stormtrooper armor at all times, refused to break character under any circumstances, and would march through cities asking players about stolen droids until we invariably got killed by some random rebel because stormtrooper armor was terrible. It was the best of times.

Edit: Old recruitment video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ykrbEd_SDbA

Oh yeah, I think IMPS has the vibe you’re looking for

Lurken
Nov 10, 2012

Nur_Neerg posted:

Installed and signed up, waiting for admin approval :D Any thoughts on which combat classes would be good for starting out fresh?

Commando is always a solid choice for leveling up, they’re nice and beefy and have solid damage. Jedi can be enticing as well, just be mindful that there will be exponentially more grinding for your endgame gear.

Lurken
Nov 10, 2012
Something I really enjoy about entertainer is the breadth of instrument options and ability to create holograms to form your own one man band -I spent way too much time figuring out the perfect combination of instrumentation for one of the marches entertainers learn via natural progression.

Also, it bears mentioning that every instrument has a “classical” variant, so if you get tired of beep boop space synth noises, you can play music with real instruments!

Lurken
Nov 10, 2012
There’s always a need for an entertainer at player camps when hunting world bosses since the “meta” seems to be one group zerging constantly to keep aggro while doing chip damage on a mob the size of kansas and quick removal of the cloning debuff is paramount.

Lurken
Nov 10, 2012

Noise Complaint posted:

For the hell of it I specced Latinum Bill to Combat Entertainer which has some of the old Teras Kasi elements in it. Pretty much nobody plays it because its really not that great, but it's hilarious. I went half into the combat tree and half into the beast master/creature handler tree and picked up and leveled a giant monkey I named Latinum Ted.

I did some PVP on him today and even got some kills.

Next step is convincing some poor group to bring me through the heroic dungeons. I did all the quests leading up to them.

So hopefully updates incoming on:

https://i.imgur.com/g1VR1J6.mp4

We will absolutely make this happen, The world needs more combat ents! Odds are you’ll out-DPS the average player who cares too much about Optimum Playstyle (tm) anyway.

Lurken
Nov 10, 2012
Is there mando armor on stardust? What’s the drop rate on liquids? I only need bracers gloves and belt on my set in legends before the ghost of my childhood stops howling at me

That leads to my big thing, which is how In 2023 I don’t have the time or energy to deep dive into another server. It’d have to be a gonzo big case.

I too am in an active garbage-free guild that runs every flavor of content every day.

I am curious about this talk to real money transactions in legends. Is this like, common knowledge I’ve managed to totally avoid?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lurken
Nov 10, 2012

LiterallyATomato posted:

Does anyone play Finalizer or are all the goons in Legends?

I'm getting the itch to revisit this game but last time was 4 years ago on a dead server.

afaik we're all diasporic on Legends

This is a great time to jump in if you're interested, all the spooky season Heroics are up in honor of the Galactic Moon Festival event Legends does in October (Zombie Blackguard/ISD, Spooky Tusken King, Extra Witchy Axva Min)