Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

At no point in time was Star Wars Galaxies ever a passable game with any redeeming qualities to it, but I loved playing it all the same and will do so again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

We will absolutely ruin the server if we were to get all goons together who played back in the day on SoE.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I actually hope this flies under the radar because i'm afraid Disney/LucasFilm will send their millions of copyright lawyers after this server once they catch wind of it.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Alexander DeLarge posted:

At this point, I think it's fair to say that they either don't care about it or someone is protecting it from EA's lawyers. Galaxies-related projects have gotten plenty of publicity long-term and the only thing that got Galaxy in Turmoil (Battlefront III fan game) shut down was Electronic Arts. LucasFilm was completely open to working with them but EA has an exclusive contract on Star Wars games for the next ten years.

If anyone is going to shut this down, it's going to be Electronic Arts because "it's taking away from The Old Republic/the rumored Destiny: Star Wars edition project".

I joked about an open world Star Wars game that was like Destiny, I didn't think it would ever actually be a real thing. :eyepop:

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Levarris posted:

I plan to. The thing starts on 8/1/18

I am excited about this. Thank you! :homebrew:

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

This video is making me want to play Star Wars Galaxies again. I haven’t played since the game shut down on the Sony Online Entertainment servers. The Old Republic doesn’t have the immersion that Galaxies had and I really miss that.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Downloading game client now, lets do this. :homebrew:

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

This server looks cool though because it appears it has some of its own exclusive made content, including group dungeons with hardmodes and gear exclusive to this server.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Is anyone else playing on SWG Restoration?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Legends might be fun to check out. I havent been playing SWG because been super busy with other games.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I still haven't had time to play on Legends, but its the SWG with the combat revamp right with only like 9 classes? I really like the original combat and skill system of SWG, but might be worth it to play on Legends to see the other combat system.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Thank you so much, Noise Complaint! That was super helpful. I am installing Legends right now.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I am having trouble with the Legends Launcher working, it's not wanting to do anything when I run it either with or without as admin, and Windows Security isn't giving me any false positives about it being a threat.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Once again, Noise Complaint is a legend. I was able to fix my install with your help. I think it's because of that Miles O'Brien avatar.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Is there a way to download the necessary patches manually? The launcher is having a real rough time getting all of the patches, the download progress just stalls after one or two patches and I have to restart the launcher, but there are 336 patches to grab so this isn't doable.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Yeah made sure each time to have it running as admin. The launcher will throw error messages if you don't. If I just quit the launcher and then open it again, it'll download a few more patches at a time, it's just slow going but I have 21 files left. Then after this I can install of the graphic / UI mods.

And I did make sure to download SWG from the link you provided, and reinstalled the game again, and that helped with getting the launcher to work to begin with.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Where do all of the players hangout for chatting / role playing?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Okay I am liking Legends way more than Restoration and have decided to play just Legends.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Noise Complaint posted:

If you need anything let me know, I have house deeds, I can toss you one and maintenance money if you want. My main is Noise Complaint, or noisecomplaint on discord.

At 10? days, you get your Mustafarian bunker, so save 5 lots for that on a character.

I lucked out in that I discovered I actually had an account and character from years ago. It looks like I only played it for like two hours and then for whatever reason I stopped. So I have all of the account rewards. But I have a level 90 character that is decked out in level 80 gear, so now its just a matter of saving up for level 90 gear and being able to do that end game content.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Okay I got my Katarn armor set! Now I need a new weapon.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Lurken posted:

What’s your prof? I tend to have a variety of mustafarian weapons lying around and I’d be happy to drop one off for you at my vendor

Theyre not endgame tier, but it definitely will get the job done

Noise Complaint just hooked me up with some good stuff! What I need to do now actually is fix my UI. The pop-up UI scroll wheel isn't working for me, it doesn't show for vehicles, and control panels that you can click on, and that is a big problem.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Legends is still a very complicated and deep version of SWG, and it feels better to play. The learning curve is pretty steep and there is a ton to learn. Can't say the game is shallow.