Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tai
Mar 8, 2006

Drone posted:

The invasion of Windsor is one of my more cherished gaming memories. For Quahog! :neverforget: :cryinggraul:

Was it twice or three times that Windsor got invaded? Can't remember.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
Think I might fire it up and have a look around. Heard solo grouping is dead so less of a credit influx.

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
Logged in to find my house has gone along with a few 100 million credits of resources (would be lower now obviously. My coronet shop gone that was close to the front but the Mantina still lives.

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
Aye on basi. Guild hall still alive too. There's a surprising amount of houses that haven't exploded.

Pondering whether to fire up my 190 harvester fleet again for the next patch which is Jedi. The server will explode with new/returning people. I'd need to remove all my characters from the guild to get a shuttle near the new crafting house I'd have to drop.

Tai
Mar 8, 2006

Hawg11 posted:

Probably to get people playing and because the server got corrupt as poo poo, hundreds of jedi running around etc... Even though xp rates are configured to master professions in 10 minutes right now the economy is very weak rn and thats how I like it. Once everybody finishes their jedis and has server best weps/armors is when I'll prob give up on it.

According to the launcher the pop is around ~800 players, but you have to include that everybody's running at least 7-8 alts too... I wish servers would enforce 2 players MAX per account to encourage player interaction. It's the biggest problem with every server, especially bas.

Bas is 2 max per account and if you want more then 1 account, you have to email them photos of your CDs all together if you want more then 1 account tied to your IP.

Tai
Mar 8, 2006

Arven posted:

Does anyone do anything on Bas yet besides grind characters and duel in front of CNET starport?

Goons or pubbies

Tai
Mar 8, 2006

Arven posted:

Either one

Basi is probably the only server that has everyone (pubbies) doing everything. PvP, industry, mining, PvE, hunting.

There will be a tonne of BHers and Jedi soon too. I fully expect the basi population to doubt if not triple its current online population when the next patch hits.

Tai
Mar 8, 2006

SoUncool posted:

CH AND Droids seem to be working, yeah. Pub9 (Jedi) should be out Soon(tm). The regular testers seem cautiously optimistic, anyway. I'm most looking forward to JtL, though I know that's a ways away. They killed SL-led solo groups for some reason. As in, no one runs them anymore. I get they cut the cash for the missions by about 80%, but that can be mitigated if everyone is doing missions on the same circuit ( and Dant Academy, for example). You'll get paid from other people's nearby missions, but get full exp on your lairs because you're the only one doing damage.

I believe grouping with an ATST gives decent mission payouts.

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
gently caress yes, I'm so back if it wipes. Starting from scratch without 100s of millions of banked server best resources that spawned 1 year ago would be amazing.

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
Ooo nice. Corvette went in

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
Basi up and locked. They are seeing if it needs wiping due to data corruption. Probably find out today if so.

If it does get wiped, remember you can only create 1 character per hour or it resets the one hour lock out.

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
It's going to be how quick can a WS churn out grenades honestly. Village would be pretty busy 1 week in.

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
Ye crafting in SWG is pretty dam good. Think I'll bum rush architect and swoops on one account and do a swordsman on the other to fund it. 3 samplers and 1 combat should take care of things quite nicely.

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
You won't be doing 32k missions is what.

First masters of a combat class will likely be TKM in ubese armour smashing sharnaff missions since these can be done without buffs.

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
Update says they have no idea yet is all. I'm guessing most of the devs/Q&A etc are American and the server has been down since US TZ evening so it will probably get fired up post work day EST so more info will come.

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
Aye same. I'm not really sure why they are so stubborn about a wipe frankly. It's been up for so long now and it could do with a new boost of people. It is a test server for testing after all.

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
Holy poo poo Basi is unstable as gently caress. Figured since it's a few days post patch it would be fine. Wow this population is low. I thought Jedi would spike it. It barely breaks 1k people at peak time (up from 800 peak). It would regularly break 2k during the Goontown glory days.

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
Half tempted to start up on Basi again with a BH since people should be hitting jedi now since village has been out a few months now.

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
Goontown

Never forget

Long live New Windsor

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
Urgh am I going to have to install (again) once I’m back from holiday

Tai
Mar 8, 2006

Jiimy posted:

Install now.

On holiday for another week. Will finish off my BH probably to gang bang some Jedi pubbies for rage.

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
Is this resurrection dead yet

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
I don't know why they don't reset bas tbh. They claim it's a test server only but yet you need people to test poo poo. They rarely break 1k people now when they used to be pushing max capacity.

About a year ago, they had some big problem with their HD's or something and a full wipe was a real possibility. I know loads of people who were pumped to come back to a refresh economy. I highly doubt they get more than a handful a month of people who are new on their server that actually stick around due to the fact everyone is rich and people only buy stuff using the best resources.

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
So I went over to SWGEmu forums to have a read to see what's new since i've not been there in a loooong time. I copy and pasted their staff quotes for the end of the year report. Seems there is a chance they may release 1.0 this year. Probably not but maybe. Also, read their P.S. at the end. Could be an early April fools but you never know....

Lordkator - DevOps Engineer
This year we ran into some financial challenges and the community stepped up in a way that invigorated our staff. In my mind 2018 was the year of getting organized, thinking about where we are and where we are going. I see 2019 as the year of hope, we're starting to look beyond the 1.0 release and thinking about what comes next. I've been coding a bit more now and I'm playing the game with my wife and taking lots of notes on what sucks and what feels like fun.

I think my biggest observation from 2018 is that none of us played SWG. We all played our own game in a framework created by SWG. Many of us felt betrayed when that framework was broken and we lost the ability to carve our own story out of the game. As a team, we've done a lot of soul searching on this topic. I'm excited to think deeply on this topic with such a great team. I'm inspired by our staff and our community and that inspires me to invest more energy towards our future vision.

Farelli - Quality Assurance
Another year completed. Three years on the project now for me. Time really does fly when you're having fun.

Thanks to our community, which supports and rallies behind this project and the staff repeatedly. You all are the reason we do this.

Thanks to our staff, who make every day working on this project an absolute blast. I continue to learn from all of you.

Finally, thanks to our founders, without whom this project might never have existed.

To infinity and beyond!

Hakry - Quality Assurance
Though many community members have not yet seen the hard work that has gone into the project throughout 2018, there has been some amazing changes throughout the year.

It is an honor to work with the current group of individuals that make up our team and I expect only the best of things from us all as we move forward. Another year lays ahead of us, with the project ever drawing nearer to our long awaited goal.

Thank you everyone for your hard work, dedication, patience and perseverance. Also a big thank you for the community stepping up to support the project in the times of need, so we may continue to pursue the dream.

Bigevil - Community Relations
Another year comes to a close and again the community has shown repeated solidarity and a desire to see their passion continue. Several times we were faced with difficult circumstances and odds that could have put us down. All of you showed your true colors as always and rallied around staff and other community members to prove what I have known for a very long time.... this community is solid. We may not be 100k strong, we may be fairly niche, but those that are here, are here are here for all the right reasons. Keep testing and playing and helping to refine the amazing product the staff and contributors have put together. We are getting ever closer!

You guys and gals are great. Here's to a great year moving closer toward our goals! Ever forward!
Vlada - Admin

Another year behind us. Sigh...

Lolindir - Forums Lead Moderator
Another year done! We are so close to the end... I feel 2019 might be the year! Well, we will see

Closing

When the chips were down and we were in financial trouble the community stepped up and kicked donations into high gear. If we can continue to hit our 100% goal each month we will have a good financial foundation to keep our services running while we move the project forward. Thank you all for the vote of confidence. We realize not everyone can donate money and we appreciate all contributions monetary or not. We always need people to track down bugs, test new ideas, there are many ways to contribute. Think about how you could contribute in 2019 and reach out to us with your ideas.

Much of our progress this year has been quiet and behind the scenes, we've been able to make our deployment processes more automated; we've had amazing discussions about what we think SWG is to the community and each of us as individuals. We're thinking deeply about the future of this project beyond the 1.0 release. Many of us are reading books, forum posts, old posts from the CURB discussions, we are regularly looking for input that will help us shape the future of the game for our community. We've engaged industry vets on these topics and we've continued to hone our thinking.

In 2019 you will see us push out more pub's that will get us closer to the 1.0 release and we will engage the community in a discussion about our vision for what happens next.

PS: We will wipe Basilisk on April 1, 2019... "I felt a great disturbance in the Force, as if millions of voices suddenly cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced. I fear something terrible has happened.

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
At 10.30am EST, 719 people were online. Uptime 2 weeks and max player count was 1016. I think it's fair to say that at least 50% of the player count at any given time is some form of automation.

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
Limit character slots is the main thing really. I had 2 accounts with 190 harvesters rolling whenever good stuff spawned. That kinda thing kills markets as you can sit on millions of top end mats for years.

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
There are actually rules regarding second accounts in the same household. You have to mail in a photo of your CD's with your username/email written on a piece of paper. Needs to have 2 sets of CD's in the picture too.

They have said suncrusher won't be 10 character lots for their server but it will be more than 1 slot.

e - The rules are for basilisk server.

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
Thought I'd go have a read on the SWGemu forums.

As it stands, JTL isn't going to be in 1.0 and won't be worked on till either they get more staff or after suncrusher goes live.

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
O yeah, and they've finished the games development phase and have moved into beta phase and looks like it's stress testing poo poo and stuff rather adding stuff like Jedi etc. Who knows, maybe we will see Suncrusher next year. Maybe Covid will give them more time on SWG.

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
How's the economy? I enjoy shattering sectors of the market and harvesting tears.

Galaxy harvester works for Finalizer. Fairly up to date too. Quite a few resources currently active that are classed as best ever resource.

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
Good thing I've got 2 accounts so can have 4 slots.

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
Should be fine. It has in the past. I emailed them years back with a piece of paper showing my account name/emails along with 2 sets of Discs/Keys and they gave me the OK to play and tag my account . I'll probably just stick to one account anyway for the time being and if I get serious, I'll email them again.

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
Made a character. Shameless post to feel free to tip Taii (double ii) to buy some Ubese armour once I properly play this evening :)

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
Depends really on the style of PvE you want to do.

Rifle/CM does the best damage for solo
Rifle/Creature Handler is a great all rounder
Rifle/Ranger for animal harvesting

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
You could but I'd consider leveling another character with ranger + something first. Having your own animal farmer is going to be very helpful on this server. It's possible anything good will be very pricey since it's a 2 slot server. Master TKM or Sword are pretty good at it since they can spin attack everything down.

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
Discord link for the goon SWG server for anyone who wants to hop in.

https://discord.gg/6xdwtzhq

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
Check out https://www.swgemu.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=254 and see what sells well maybe if you're looking for a crafter alt.

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
The last resource needed for comp armor has seeded if anyone is looking to afk sample or use harvesters.

https://galaxyharvester.net/resource.py/118/moopi

Head over the Theed and run out of the space port to near the shuttle and a 85% spawn is there to sample.

Keep an eye on

https://galaxyharvester.net/resourceType.py/ore_carbonate_alantium

https://galaxyharvester.net/resourceType.py/crystalline_gallinorian

They've yet to seed and are highly waited on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
Walked past a house today which was called New Windsor. Ahhh good times.