Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe
The final month of 2016. About loving time. landed a house in the bay area, No more bus poo poo for now

E: frak I missed the tag. IOC buuuuudddyyy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

(Insert Mad Max related text)

The lowest :effort: post of the year award goes to this thread. Congrats on the house thing.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug
We love our csb and his big gay bus haus.

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

What have you assholes done now?
Decembers gonna own

You heard it here first folks

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Fun Shoe

Adiabatic posted:

Decembers gonna own

gently caress yeah it is. Its AISS month motherfuckers :D

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Adiabatic posted:

Decembers gonna own

hell yeah, my company goes on christmas break from the 23rd thru the 2nd. 11 days off!

beep-beep car is go
Apr 11, 2005

I can just eyeball this, right?

Okay so autonomous cars will eventually be a thing right? In 5 years or in 25 years, it makes too much sense for it not to eventually happen right? I was daydreaming about renting an RV and taking the family across America when my daughter is a little older (though the wife hates RVs, there's plenty of time to wear her d--convince her).

What about an autonomous RV? I mean, it seems like that's a perfect application of the technology. Have it drive you wherever while you sleep, and wake up in a new location ready to explore and check things out. If you had a job that let you telecommute, you could be in a new locale every day and really see the continent.

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Fun Shoe
This just happened.

http://www.leisurevans.com/selfdriving/

The future is now. :D

Beverly Cleavage
Jun 22, 2004

I am a pretty pretty princess, watch me do my pretty princess dance....

cursedshitbox posted:

This just happened.

My mind was blown thinking someone had really snuck this out. way too over the top on the demonstrations. Was a good april fools joke though :d:

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

cursedshitbox posted:

This just happened.

"just'' happened

quote:

Disclaimer: This is an April Fools joke, released on April 1st, 2016. Please do not try this at home. Leisure Travel Vans does not have self-driving capabilities, however we do have an iPad App that can be downloaded from the Apple App Store.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
Oh man, Australia/New Zealand is going to be cross.

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Fun Shoe
yeah motherfucker I'm not playing on forums before 3 liters of espresso. loving poo poo.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/kitchener-waterloo/take-a-look-at-canada-s-first-autonomous-rv-1.3871143

gimpsuitjones
Mar 27, 2007

What are you lookin at...

BraveUlysses posted:

hell yeah, my company goes on christmas break from the 23rd thru the 2nd. 11 days off!

16th - 9th for me

keykey
Mar 28, 2003

gimpsuitjones posted:

16th - 9th for me

You must work for a school on the faculty side of things. We're doing a major upgrade the week before Christmas so we'll be out from the 23rd-9th.

the spyder
Feb 18, 2011
God. loving. Dammit. I am beyond pissed. Enough so that I may take the rest of the day off just so I don't accidentally rage at my job. The worst part is it's not work related. I just got 100% hosed on a car I *was* buying by a fellow enthusiast. A local guy offered his 36k FD (RX7) to me for a smoking deal. I mean smoking. It needed some work, but nothing I couldn't handle in a few weekends of work. For some reason he also put it on CL (incase I backed out?). Literally 30 minutes ago I got the cash together and just this morning we had setup a time on Saturday to pickup the car. He just called me and let me know a "FRIEND" of mine stopped by and bought the car with cash. I can't decide who I'm more angry with, the seller (who I've been talking to for months), or this "friend" of mine that just loving stole a car out from under me. Ok, I lied. I'm definitely more pissed at the "friend". What little self restraint I have right now is stopping me from driving the three hours to his house and ripping him a new one.

This. This is why the local community is hosed. I've hooked this guy up with deals, hell the last car I COULDN'T afford I passed on to him! No wonder there's no real events or meets. Everyone has something against someone else. I give the gently caress up. There's no point in helping these people. This was a deal that will literally never happen again and due to all the personal poo poo going on right now, I really could have used the project/money. But no, just like the last few months I get hosed regardless of my intentions.

Ok, I'm going to go for a long walk and try to calm down. Excuse the rant.

gimpsuitjones
Mar 27, 2007

What are you lookin at...

keykey posted:

You must work for a school on the faculty side of things. We're doing a major upgrade the week before Christmas so we'll be out from the 23rd-9th.

Nah biodiversity monitoring. Supposed to start back on the 5th but taking an extra couple of days to go to a wedding

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

the spyder posted:

God. loving. Dammit. I am beyond pissed. Enough so that I may take the rest of the day off just so I don't accidentally rage at my job. The worst part is it's not work related. I just got 100% hosed on a car I *was* buying by a fellow enthusiast. A local guy offered his 36k FD (RX7) to me for a smoking deal. I mean smoking. It needed some work, but nothing I couldn't handle in a few weekends of work. For some reason he also put it on CL (incase I backed out?). Literally 30 minutes ago I got the cash together and just this morning we had setup a time on Saturday to pickup the car. He just called me and let me know a "FRIEND" of mine stopped by and bought the car with cash. I can't decide who I'm more angry with, the seller (who I've been talking to for months), or this "friend" of mine that just loving stole a car out from under me. Ok, I lied. I'm definitely more pissed at the "friend". What little self restraint I have right now is stopping me from driving the three hours to his house and ripping him a new one.

This. This is why the local community is hosed. I've hooked this guy up with deals, hell the last car I COULDN'T afford I passed on to him! No wonder there's no real events or meets. Everyone has something against someone else. I give the gently caress up. There's no point in helping these people. This was a deal that will literally never happen again and due to all the personal poo poo going on right now, I really could have used the project/money. But no, just like the last few months I get hosed regardless of my intentions.

did your "friend" know the seller had offered it to you?

alternate.eago
Jul 19, 2006
Insert randomness here.

cursedshitbox posted:

gently caress yeah it is. Its AISS month motherfuckers :D

Oh yeah I forgot to sign up for that this year. bummer.

Magnus Praeda
Jul 18, 2003
The largess in the land.

alternate.eago posted:

Oh yeah I forgot to sign up for that this year. bummer.

Same. :sigh: I really enjoyed it last year, too.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

So I just found out Netflix is offering downloads for mobile devices with their app.

http://www.ctvnews.ca/entertainment/netflix-and-download-streaming-service-launches-offline-viewing-1.3183399

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

On that note, DirecTV Now just got released with a killer deal -- 100 channels for $35/month and a free 4th gen Apple TV with 3 months prepaid... came to $113 for me after taxes. The box itself sells for over $130.

https://directvnow.com/appletv#slide1

beep-beep car is go
Apr 11, 2005

I can just eyeball this, right?

Seminal Flu posted:

On that note, DirecTV Now just got released with a killer deal -- 100 channels for $35/month and a free 4th gen Apple TV with 3 months prepaid... came to $113 for me after taxes. The box itself sells for over $130.

Just did this. I love that the "order completed" page drops you right into TV. "You wanted to stream? HERE YOU GO!"

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

the spyder posted:

God. loving. Dammit.
Seller's a dick for selling a car after the sale was agreed with you. "Friend" is a dick for doing it.

I'd make to effort to find him and call him a oval office to his face, at length. Might not be a good idea, but it'd make me feel better.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

quote:

I kind of hate that Engineering Explained kid.

Oh good, I'm not alone. What a twat he is... and also too often wrong.

quote:

Having Kastein and Cat Terrist on my Facebook is fantastic. So often people have waded into a "discussion" with them and they get so thoroughly schooled.

Thank you :)

Given I'm not good with matching IRL names with AI names, I'm not sure if I have CommieGIR - there's a lack of Audis in my newsfeed. But anyway, the point there is that out of all the groups of people I have as connections on the Faceballs, AI posters are the single group that is the most sane and resonable, no exception (especially Rhyno, I really like it when he poo poo stirs). Kastein is WAY up there for best opinions.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
Your "friend" is probably flipping that rx7 if you still want it.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

Elephanthead posted:

Your "friend" is probably flipping that rx7 if you still want it.

Too mean.

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

AI posters are the single group that is the most sane and resonable

:stare:

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

facebook

keykey
Mar 28, 2003

gimpsuitjones posted:

Nah biodiversity monitoring. Supposed to start back on the 5th but taking an extra couple of days to go to a wedding

Why, hello there not working in the real world buddy! :haw:

McTinkerson
Jul 5, 2007

Dreaming of Shock Diamonds

the spyder posted:

God. loving. Dammit.

If it's any consolation at all, it's not just your area. My local rotary community has hosed me a few times now. I'm pretty much in the same boat as you and have pretty much walked away.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

Enourmo posted:

facebook

AI has the reputation for having the most well adjusted and normal people on SA, so why not the same on Faceballs too?

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica
When breaking free caliper bolts you neglected to put anti-seize on four years ago, make sure your hand clears the UCA and balljoint first!

Fermented Tinal fucked around with this message at 23:43 on Nov 30, 2016

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

the spyder posted:

If that played out the way I'm imagining (tricking the seller into selling it to him because he thought you were buying it by proxy) then it sounds like you need to stop by the "friend"'s house all "hey I hear you have my car, I'm here to pick it up. I've got the <$1k less than you agreed to buy it for> right here" and see if you can get "your" car back.

Fermented Tinal posted:

When breaking free caliper bolts you neglected to put anti-sieze on four years ago, make sure your hand clears the UCA and balljoint first!

Looks like you need more brap-brap, friend.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
TRS, sorry about bailing on you in LA, schedule was nuts and I had no vehicle this time so I was along for the ride with the family, basically.

CornHolio posted:

I posted a controversial article on Facebook yesterday, then went and played videogames, ate dinner and helped my son with his homework. Came back to it to see it had something like 150+ replies because CommieGIR and Kastein were arguing with my uncle and cousin. It was really fuckin' hilarious. I think it's still simmering, too.

You're welcome/sorry :v:

Also this whole year has rocked except for that whole election thing, and December is gonna rock even more because it's AISS month. I have diabolical plans in motion already.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
Ugh I didn't even do any aiss research yet. Usually I am super into buying gifts but I'm just not feeling it this year. :sigh:

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

Oh good, I'm not alone. What a twat he is... and also too often wrong.

Thank you :)

Given I'm not good with matching IRL names with AI names, I'm not sure if I have CommieGIR - there's a lack of Audis in my newsfeed. But anyway, the point there is that out of all the groups of people I have as connections on the Faceballs, AI posters are the single group that is the most sane and resonable, no exception (especially Rhyno, I really like it when he poo poo stirs). Kastein is WAY up there for best opinions.

I often feel like only AI goons understand when I'm loving about on FB.

Also a kid was hit by a semi crossing the street in the dark near the store last night so I'm gonna pretend that it was the one who bounced the ball off my face.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

the spyder posted:

Just fire them as customers/friends and don't ever work on their cars or speak to them again.

In a way it's kinda good when poo poo like that goes down because you find out who your real friends are. Losing out on a good deal is worth getting a few more idiots out of your life.

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

BraveUlysses posted:

Same here :hfive: And I'm actually not on-call for once! Will be heading to WI with the girlfriend to visit family and hopefully show her what real snow looks like.

Seminal Flu posted:

One of the customer guys was messing around with this today at work. Quality and everything looked great. Another bonus is if you're on AT&T the data used doesn't count against your limits.

the spyder posted:

God. loving. Dammit.
If it makes you feel any better it isn't only the rotary community. We have a guy, that I can't figure out why he hasn't been blacklisted, who jumps on any cheap E30 M3 only to resell it within a year for a profit. He's bought several race cars that I had been lined up to buy as well as a daily driver quality car that I was really looking forward to. Seems to be a pretty common problem in all car communities.

I need to get to work on AISS already. Lucked out this year and don't have a lurker.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
I gotta work on AISS but all the bills plus the mortgage coincided this month :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

beep-beep car is go posted:

Okay so autonomous cars will eventually be a thing right? In 5 years or in 25 years, it makes too much sense for it not to eventually happen right? I was daydreaming about renting an RV and taking the family across America when my daughter is a little older (though the wife hates RVs, there's plenty of time to wear her d--convince her).

What about an autonomous RV? I mean, it seems like that's a perfect application of the technology. Have it drive you wherever while you sleep, and wake up in a new location ready to explore and check things out. If you had a job that let you telecommute, you could be in a new locale every day and really see the continent.

Autonomous cars will probably be a thing in 50 years or more. Mind you, that RV concept is basically a ton of loving work to replicate passenger rail.

Kinda sad I forgot to get in on AISS this year. I've got a perfectly good glow-in-the-dark elfdong that needs a home.

• Locked thread