Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

TWSS posted:

So, how much does a free 2003 denali really cost?

At least $200 and the skin on your knuckles for the brake line replacement that's needed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

Phone posted:

The EPA did 9/11

http://forum.miata.net/vb/showpost.php?p=8271677&postcount=65

Jet fuel can't melt steel asbestos.

Link doesn't work (anymore?)

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

IOwnCalculus posted:

gently caress yes. I've hit low 14s before at Firebird Wild Horse Pass. The new wheels and tires should help my dismal 60' times, but I bet they'll weigh a bit more to offset it.

Tucson's track is also quite a bit higher in altitude. Wild Horse Pass is at 1145 feet and based on today's conditions, density altitude is 1200 feet. Tucson Dragway is at 3000 feet, and conditions there right now put the density altitude at nearly 3800 feet... which if I'm googling correctly, is something like an 8% drop in horsepower. Not gonna set any records, that's for sure.

Nice. I know you said you were going to a 5-lug swap; got wheels picked out yet?

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Darchangel posted:

Where do you live that passenger rail isn't a sad, laughable alternative to anything else?

It is a sad, laughable alternative to flight, which is why I find spending billions on infrastructure to just replicate it with self-driving RV's hilarious.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

I've been thinking about self-driving RVs all day thanks to you guys and I've come to the conclusion I want mine to drive at night so I can wake up somewhere new every morning.

Make it a solar electric Zeppelin and I'll just end up floating around the world.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.

TWSS posted:

So, how much does a free 2003 denali really cost?

before or after you rip its gen3 Vortec drivetrain and harness out and punt it directly into the scrappers yard, laughing maniacally?

Looks like depending on what exact version you're talking about (I'm not sure which of the Yukons were called Denalis) it could have a 4.8, a 5.3, a 6.0, or an 8.1. Check the glovebox, if it has an Lxx code other than LR4, how much do you want for it? I don't give a gently caress if it has a title and I have a 1979 J10 that needs to not have a seized AMC 360 under the hood anymore.

e: and iirc you live one state over from me :ninja:

e2: I have a datsun 720 I might be willing to trade for it!

fake e3: I have a datsun 720 you could buy and put its powerplant in!

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

Darchangel posted:

Where do you live that passenger rail isn't a sad, laughable alternative to anything else?
Japan. Rail travel in Japan is how it should work.

RillAkBea
Oct 11, 2008

InitialDave posted:

Japan. Rail travel in Japan is how it should work.

Yeah, it's always pretty drat good. On time, reasonably priced, and everyone's usually nice and quiet too. As a bonus, the seat backs can move so you can always get a forward facing seat.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

cakesmith handyman posted:

I've been thinking about self-driving RVs all day thanks to you guys and I've come to the conclusion I want mine to drive at night so I can wake up somewhere new every morning.

Which would probably in a lake or off a cliff, given the example of not just last week Google Maps was insisting I turned left... at a road that had been blocked over two decades ago.

Tomarse
Mar 7, 2001

Grr

RillAkBea posted:

Yeah, it's always pretty drat good. On time, reasonably priced, and everyone's usually nice and quiet too. As a bonus, the seat backs can move so you can always get a forward facing seat.

and 3G works properly and is stupidly fast.. compared to in the UK where data hardly works when you are moving and the west coast mainline has massive sections where you don't even get a signal (I love paying £70-£100 to not have a seat on a poo poo train)

TWSS
Jun 19, 2008

kastein posted:

before or after you rip its gen3 Vortec drivetrain and harness out and punt it directly into the scrappers yard, laughing maniacally?

Looks like depending on what exact version you're talking about (I'm not sure which of the Yukons were called Denalis) it could have a 4.8, a 5.3, a 6.0, or an 8.1. Check the glovebox, if it has an Lxx code other than LR4, how much do you want for it? I don't give a gently caress if it has a title and I have a 1979 J10 that needs to not have a seized AMC 360 under the hood anymore.

e: and iirc you live one state over from me :ninja:

e2: I have a datsun 720 I might be willing to trade for it!

fake e3: I have a datsun 720 you could buy and put its powerplant in!

I'm in Quebexico so a trade wouldn't be that easy haha. It is a Florida chassis (looks like a Canadian 2010-2012 underneath), has brand new bfg all-terrains and I just put on calipers, pads, rotors and front hoses. It's a LQ4 6.0 AWD, but both exhaust manifolds are loose and whoever was in there before turbo-fuckered the studs so now I get to try zapping nuts onto little stubbies with my tig and screaming at it until it all comes apart. At least that's how I imagine it will go.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.

TWSS posted:

I'm in Quebexico so a trade wouldn't be that easy haha. It is a Florida chassis (looks like a Canadian 2010-2012 underneath), has brand new bfg all-terrains and I just put on calipers, pads, rotors and front hoses. It's a LQ4 6.0 AWD, but both exhaust manifolds are loose and whoever was in there before turbo-fuckered the studs so now I get to try zapping nuts onto little stubbies with my tig and screaming at it until it all comes apart. At least that's how I imagine it will go.

huh, for some reason I thought you were in Connecticut.

Those studs look like a bitch job. I'd probably try and get them out that way, and when it fails, use the AvE-approved pickling spice (alum) dissolution method.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

The ONLY good thing for the period between Thanksgiving and Christmas is that's the one time of year that I drink hard liquor with any regularity.

Southern Comfort and eggnog, at approximately a 50/50 split in one of my grandfather's old fashioned glasses? Oh yes, please. Hello.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Hi Brady.

ExplodingSims
Aug 17, 2010

RAGDOLL
FLIPPIN IN A MOVIE
HOT DAMN
THINK I MADE A POOPIE

Having a HVAC job and being on Facebook really sucks right now.
So many people willing to lap up Trump's bullshit because he save a handful of jobs with a publicity stunt.

I'm sure they'll be paying just as much attention in 2 years when the plant closes anyways and Carrier moves to Mexico.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

ExplodingSims posted:

Having a HVAC job and being on Facebook really sucks right now.
So many people willing to lap up Trump's bullshit because he save a handful of jobs with a publicity stunt.

I'm sure they'll be paying just as much attention in 2 years when the plant closes anyways and Carrier moves to Mexico.

Even without that, what was really done? Carrier kept 1000 jobs in the US, in exchange for HUGE tax rebates and other incentives. So, as a company, they are going to make a LOT more profit. What do the 1000 workers get? Do they get to benefit from the major profit bump that the company got? Nope, they get to keep their jobs. No pay increase, although the company is hugely profiting from their presence. Just another instance of the system being primarily hosed.

As I've said before, capitalism requires a moral core (for it to be actually functional for all). That moral core is sorely lacking in the US, being supplanted by money-hungry hogs. Having three billionaires in the President and Cabinet does nothing to assuage that.

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON

Seminal Flu posted:

Carrier kept 1000 jobs in the US, in exchange for HUGE tax rebates and other incentives.

Republicans: privatize profits, socialize losses.

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

TWSS posted:

No luck with a stud puller? He's wrong about the company of origin (as far as I can tell), but I think denmah lives in the rust belt so what works for him should also work on a Florida car.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YJi3G2oUOfY

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...
I'm through episode 5 of Binky. I am in loving awe. The fabrication is unreal.

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

kastein posted:

huh, for some reason I thought you were in Connecticut.

Those studs look like a bitch job. I'd probably try and get them out that way, and when it fails, use the AvE-approved pickling spice (alum) dissolution method.

Some LQ4s came with oddball iron heads around that time, so confirm they are aluminum from the casting number on the heads before attempting. Your only issue should be drivers side. Also, the denalis were the upscale trim of the yukons. It should have all the goodies from the factory. I recommend a lopey cam, mid length headers, high stall converter and a super 44 asap. Be the terror of quebecistania.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

I'm seriously pulling my hair out trying to figure out what the gently caress is using so much power in my place.

Apparently I use at least $2/day (@ $0.079/kWh) when I'm not home and the only things on in the house are the PC. I have my Nest (thermostat) to drop the heat to 50 when I'm gone, and 65 when I'm home/awake (dropping to 55 around midnight and coming back up to 65 around the time I wake up). There's several days in a row that the thermostat doesn't have to kick on the heat at all, due to the heat from my downstairs neighbor. This is according to my power company, and I have a smart meter that lets me track power use in 15 minute increments. If I'm actually home it goes up... very slightly, to about $2.50.

Already turned the water heater way down. Gonna just turn the breaker off for the water heater overnight (not getting close to freezing tonight, and I shower before bed) and see if that makes a big difference. Wondering if it's just stuck on or some poo poo. The only incandescent lighting at this point is in the microwave and the fridge.

angryrobots posted:

DOT physical got a bit more difficult last year, they added BMI and neck circumference levels which may trigger requiring a sleep study.

Doc also told me they made the certification process for the Dr more intensive, so a lot of offices do not perform DOT physicals anymore.

If they added BMI, I'm hosed. A lot of it is muscle, I swear! :unsmith:

I do need a sleep study though. I'm sure once some of the weight comes off my sleep will get better, but I know in the hospital, they said I stopped breathing plenty of times while sleeping and they got to watch my O2 sat drop into the 80s. I wake myself up quite a bit through the night.

Darchangel posted:

Also would like to move to TWC/Charter (only other option in the area) for Internet. Paying $60 for 18 Mb with U'Verse, versus $40 into/$65 for "up to 100 Mb" cable 'net. I'm gratified to see that, while still doing the "$this for 12-months, full pirce after that", TWC/Charter will actually *tell* you what that full price is, unlike TWC before Charter bought them. I still need to transfer a few things to my not-ATT email address, and then I'm clear for GTFO.

TWC was upfront with me about the 12 month pricing long before there was any talk about Spectrum/Charter/etc (a couple of years ago) - they said every item would go up by :10bux:/month after 12 months. I don't know how much it'll change now that it's Spectrum.

Since I only have internet, I assume it'd go up by $10.

Also I bitched a whole lot about them refusing to remove services via any way other than over the phone, when I have some difficulty with phones thanks to my jacked hearing. Supposedly my rate (49.99 100/10) is now locked until I change my internet plan. And their "up to 100" really is 100+:

The Door Frame posted:

That's why I won't ever do Hulu. There was a time (might still be a time) when the paid version had less ads than the free version. Unless they're also streaming without me needing an ISP to connect to the Internet, they can gently caress right off

They offer a commercial-free plan* now (on most shows)

Costs extra, of course.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
People pay a lot of money for Cable TV and it still has a lot of commercials.

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

Doug DeMuro is a terrible manual transmission teacher.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x2CTxg0KDwg

You gotta explain the friction point, dogg. I learned to drive manual at 16 and have daily'd manual cars for 9 years. The first thing I do when I get into an unfamiliar manual transmission car is figure out the friction point. From then on it's easy.

Previa_fun fucked around with this message at 07:45 on Dec 2, 2016

jamal
Apr 15, 2003

I'll set the building on fire
I couldn't make it through the first 30s. I always sit there with them in a parking lot, say, put it in first, ok, don't touch the gas, let the clutch out slowly until you feel it bite. Then it stalls a few times, then they get it moving, and I'm like, ok, great, stop and do it again.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I need a screaming deal on an enormous external hard drive, anybody seen anything?

RillAkBea
Oct 11, 2008

I remember when my dad briefly tried to teach me manual. He neglected to explain the point of friction and it didn't go very well. I finally got my manual license 2 years ago :sweatdrop:

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.

Yu-Gi-Ho! posted:

I'm seriously pulling my hair out trying to figure out what the gently caress is using so much power in my place.

Apparently I use at least $2/day (@ $0.079/kWh) when I'm not home and the only things on in the house are the PC. I have my Nest (thermostat) to drop the heat to 50 when I'm gone, and 65 when I'm home/awake (dropping to 55 around midnight and coming back up to 65 around the time I wake up). There's several days in a row that the thermostat doesn't have to kick on the heat at all, due to the heat from my downstairs neighbor. This is according to my power company, and I have a smart meter that lets me track power use in 15 minute increments. If I'm actually home it goes up... very slightly, to about $2.50.

Already turned the water heater way down. Gonna just turn the breaker off for the water heater overnight (not getting close to freezing tonight, and I shower before bed) and see if that makes a big difference. Wondering if it's just stuck on or some poo poo. The only incandescent lighting at this point is in the microwave and the fridge.

Get an electricity monitor.

I have this one from the UK - I am sure you can find something similar in the US:
https://www.loopenergysaver.com/product/elec-only/lifetime

It goes around the main feed to your fuse box and has live monitoring of what is being drawn: so you can connect it up, flip breakers and see what stops the draw.

Echotic
Oct 20, 2013

jamal posted:

I couldn't make it through the first 30s. I always sit there with them in a parking lot, say, put it in first, ok, don't touch the gas, let the clutch out slowly until you feel it bite. Then it stalls a few times, then they get it moving, and I'm like, ok, great, stop and do it again.

I've always done this too. Basically a hill start on flat ground just to get a feel for the engagement point. Wife took to that like a fish to water, however remembering to get off the throttle during gear changes was an issue. :downs:

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

spog posted:

Get an electricity monitor.

I have this one from the UK - I am sure you can find something similar in the US:
https://www.loopenergysaver.com/product/elec-only/lifetime

It goes around the main feed to your fuse box and has live monitoring of what is being drawn: so you can connect it up, flip breakers and see what stops the draw.

There's actually a version I've had my eyes on, though it does have to be hooked up inside the fuse/breaker panel, and also requires both wifi and Bluetooth 4.x connectivity. Supposedly it's smart enough to figure out what's what after a few days. It looks like it has similar features to the one you linked, just with a far higher pricetag ($250 USD).

But I think the one I'm looking at (Sense) requires being connected to the main incoming feed to my panel. I have no way to cut power completely to it without involving at least the property management, as they put locks on the main disconnects for each apartment (at least there IS an outside disconnect that doesn't require having the power company come out and cut power though). They haven't bothered cutting power even while replacing breakers so far, though.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Echotic posted:

I've always done this too. Basically a hill start on flat ground just to get a feel for the engagement point. Wife took to that like a fish to water, however remembering to get off the throttle during gear changes was an issue. :downs:

She's obviously just a natural racer, gotta keep the revs up.

Ferremit
Sep 14, 2007
if I haven't posted about MY LANDCRUISER yet, check my bullbars for kangaroo prints

Yu-Gi-Ho! posted:

There's actually a version I've had my eyes on, though it does have to be hooked up inside the fuse/breaker panel, and also requires both wifi and Bluetooth 4.x connectivity. Supposedly it's smart enough to figure out what's what after a few days. It looks like it has similar features to the one you linked, just with a far higher pricetag ($250 USD).

But I think the one I'm looking at (Sense) requires being connected to the main incoming feed to my panel. I have no way to cut power completely to it without involving at least the property management, as they put locks on the main disconnects for each apartment (at least there IS an outside disconnect that doesn't require having the power company come out and cut power though). They haven't bothered cutting power even while replacing breakers so far, though.

Thats going to be an interesting arc flash event eventually.... Who the gently caress works on the hot side of a breaker board without shutting down the main feed into it first? :stare:

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

:cripes:

Stepdad sent me home with his old laptop. Said he had nothing he needed to save on it. Just to be safe, I backed up the user profile folder, since the last time he said he didn't need to save anything, he got angry enough to try to shove me through a wall when he realized "anything" included irreplaceable family photos.. Then I made the mistake of looking in it, it's full of videos of him verbally abusing my mother and threatening physical abuse :cry: Besides, 4TB external drive, he had about 20GB of poo poo on it that seemed remotely important.

Finding a goddamned copy of Win7 that would accept the license key on the bottom was the biggest pain - my workaround was using a retail ISO, a retail Win7 Home key I have (yes, I do legally own the key), then changing it to the one printed on the laptop's sticker, all before it got online again. Once it got online, it validated and activated fine.

The virus scanner on my desktop went absolutely apesbit within a couple of seconds of plugging that thing into my router
The battery seems to have applied to be in the next Ghostbusters movie. I've already pried it out (it used to just snap in/out) and removed it to a far corner of the parking lot. Spoke with local law enforcement and they said the fire department would handle it in a few hours. It still held a small charge - went from showing 55 minutes to 10 in about 15 minutes.
The screen is just... done. LCDs are one of the least prone to burn-in. This one has severe burn-in.
It's an old Core2Duo (T2200 to be exact) with 500GB HDD space and 4GB RAM.

.... he's trying to sell it for $300 to a coworker... in 3 hours!. That ain't happening! It's worth about half of that; the screen has a ton of scratches, some dead pixels, the touchpad is pretty jacked, the battery is about to be in the care of the local FD, and it has at least a full day of babysitting Windows Update left. The upside is the keyboard on it is pretty decent for a laptop.

I just wanna know how the gently caress he keeps getting so many viruses/malware. I always put virus scanners on everything I touch. I counted 7 toolbars in Chrome, I just worked on this thing 3 months ago. He clears his browser history constantly, so :iiamn:...

Ferremit posted:

Thats going to be an interesting arc flash event eventually.... Who the gently caress works on the hot side of a breaker board without shutting down the main feed into it first? :stare:

Google "Zinsco Breakers". The majority of their panels didn't have a main. The ones that did generally didn't shut down the entire panel. And the breakers rarely, if ever, tripped.

I had about as close to a dead short as you can get in my kitchen the day I moved into an apartment about a decade ago. Flipped the light switch, sparks started shooting out from the light fixture, the light switch melted (and I couldn't turn it off, it just kinda fell off in my hand, and i'm sure the contacts just welded together anyway), and there was smoke pouring out of the breaker panel. It melted the wiring from the light fixture to the switch, the switch itself, the wiring inside the lighting (it was an incandescent that seemed like it had been run with too-hot bulbs), and the breaker itself was even a bit... droopy. The only way to kill power to the apartment was for the power dept or power company to yank the meter.

At least where I'm at now, there IS a main breaker, it just so happens to be outside and mounted directly to the meter box.

randomidiot fucked around with this message at 13:16 on Dec 2, 2016

Tomarse
Mar 7, 2001

Grr

Yu-Gi-Ho! posted:

Depending how your power supply presents, the meter that Spog linked doesn't have to go inside the panel - it has an inductance clamp that has to go round the incoming live feed into your panel.

In my house in the UK I have a big armoured cabled that comes from the street. Inside my house it hits a security tagged 60A single fuse panel. It comes out of this fuse as seperate live and neutral feeds that go into my electricity company dumb meter and then into my breaker panel. My energy meter is just clamped onto the live cable here. It runs on 3xAA batteries.
Do you have a seperate breaker panel for your apartment with a live feed cable you can get at?

I've got an old version of one of these http://www.theowl.com which is just 433Mhz wireless to a little LCD screen. Mine was free.

The LCD screen broke on mine and I read it with a 433Mhz USB dongle to get this

On Wednesday and Thursday I used my drier for an hour and a half and had 2 big HP servers in my office and running all day.

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

kastein posted:

dear op: http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/tow-rigs-trailers/1027838-jeep-made-now-cummins-shakes-build.html (thank SiF, he sent it to me yesterday while we were spergin about FSJs on facebook)

please do the needful

That is a nice build, one hell of a truck. Projects and progress like that make me feel bad about my projects and how long it takes me to do simple poo poo like figure out how to mount the engine. I'm still trying to figure that out.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Some maths suggests leaving my desktop PC on 24/7 is probably adding about $15/mo to my electric bill. :sigh: Problem is... Gigabyte only ever released one UEFI for this board... 4 years ago, and it hates coming out of sleep and hibernation badly. I tried to downgrade it to the last available BIOS (which was released in 2015), and it wouldn't let me. :argh:

Tomarse posted:

Depending how your power supply presents, the meter that Spog linked doesn't have to go inside the panel - it has an inductance clamp that has to go round the incoming live feed into your panel.

No exposed wires here. This is my panel (applies to my reply to Ferrmitt too). It's 100% recessed, even my outside power outlets are recessed into the siding.

There's a space for a main, but no main installed. There's a main 100 amp dual pole (so 240V) breaker outside under my meter, but that's a good 3-4 minute walk away. I have the air con and clothes dryer breakers off - I won't need the air conditioner again until probably February, and don't own a clothes dryer, so I don't see the harm in keeping them off. There's not one, but two hard start kits, on my outside ac unit, and they're just dangling by the wires for anybody to be tickled by, so I'd rather they just get a quick OHFUCKINGHELLTHATSTINGS if they touch the caps instead of an OHFU*DED*

The usage meter I'm wanting actually requires some connections.

I mentioned Zinsco breakers above. Federal Pacific Stab Lok (especially late 70s-early 80s) are also just as notorious for not tripping. My issue is they trip TOO much, at least the breaker for the air con (which is why it looks so much newer - they dropped a 30 amp 240V in place of a 20 amp 240V). I've managed to trip about half the breakers in that panel so far. :sigh:

Tomarse posted:

The incoming feed (and all wires for that matter) are in the wall.

randomidiot fucked around with this message at 13:31 on Dec 2, 2016

Rotten Cookies
Nov 11, 2008

gosh! i like both the islanders and the rangers!!! :^)

:stare:

Yeesh

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica
What's wrong with stab-loks? I fuckin' wish I could replace my fusebox with a stab-lok panel, instead I'm stuck with going [D] and their 1970s-era breakers.

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

Yu-Gi-Ho! posted:

Finding a goddamned copy of Win7 that would accept the license key on the bottom was the biggest pain - my workaround was using a retail ISO, a retail Win7 Home key I have (yes, I do legally own the key), then changing it to the one printed on the laptop's sticker, all before it got online again. Once it got online, it validated and activated fine.

Remove ei.cfg from literally any non-VL iso (and maybe even those too)? :shrug:

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

Yu-Gi-Ho! posted:

But I think the one I'm looking at (Sense) requires being connected to the main incoming feed to my panel.
I just looked at the installation manual and you shouldn't have to cut power. You just have to take the panel cover off. The CT's clip over the mains cables to measure current just like a clamp-on amp meter. It will require adding a 120v breaker to power the device, unless you double it with another circuit (assuming the breaker is designed to allow 2 conductors).

However it is not a bad idea to cut power, under the newest osha regs an electrician would have to wear PPE while performing this task in an energized panel.

ALSO: :woop:

YouTube just notified me that new Roadkill is up, for we proles! BOOST CABOOSE!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ferremit
Sep 14, 2007
if I haven't posted about MY LANDCRUISER yet, check my bullbars for kangaroo prints

Fermented Tinal posted:

What's wrong with stab-loks? I fuckin' wish I could replace my fusebox with a stab-lok panel, instead I'm stuck with going [D] and their 1970s-era breakers.

If im not mistaken the issue with stab-lok is that the breakers were a bit reluctant to trip out. To the point they would loving ignite the wiring in your walls before tripping out.

• Locked thread