Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

lazerwolf posted:

The Flyers are!

The Flyers are a team in the Metropolitan division of the National Hockey League, that much is certain.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Porrima posted:

We may all exist in a simulation and Chris Vandevelde is just a pile of faulty code, glitching around a rink of ones and zeroes.

this would explain a lot

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

oof :stare:

BSH posted:

Giroux and Voracek were the Flyers’ MVPs on the night, but Mark Borowiecki certainly made a strong case to be star #3 — except for the Flyers, not for his own club. The Ottawa defenseman was an absolute disaster all night long, despite receiving over 19 minutes of ice time at 5v5. He took four minor penalties, three of which immediately led to Flyers power plays, and finished with an absolutely horrific 22.16% score-adjusted Corsi. In terms of raw shot attempts, Borowiecki was on the ice for eight Senators attempts and a whopping 30 by Philadelphia. Basically, every time Borowiecki hit the ice, the Flyers took full control of the game.

So how bad was his performance historically? Dom Luszczyszyn of The Hockey News created Game Score as a way of evaluating players on a nightly basis, a stat that compiles individual events like goals, assists and shots with on-ice events to create a number measuring a player’s single-game performance. Borowiecki finished last night’s contest with a -1.65, which would have been the worst score of any player in 2015-16. In other words, yes, Borowiecki delivered an especially notable disaster of a game, and the Flyers benefited greatly from it.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

ThinkTank posted:

Also McDavid plays for a wiener franchise that no one likes.

:yeah:

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

It's gonna come crashing down soon enough but in the meantime woo flyers :toot:

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

PK loving SUBBAN posted:

I really wish there was some way for Dallas and Philly to meet up in a 7 game series. The scorelines would be amazing.

There is :q:

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Yeah Blashill's a drat solid coach. He did a great job with GR and Rockford, and did a hell of a job with Western Michigan before that.

I get the feeling Detroit will give him some patience, partly because the roster isn't by his design, and partly also because Ken Holland is loving obsessed with anyone born in Michigan. :v:

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

CBJSprague24 posted:

On that same note and having seen them twice recently, what's the deal with the Avs? You've got Landeskog, Duchene, and MacKinnon, some other young players, then some guys whose names make you go "Who?" and Iginla and a bunch of non-descript veterans who don't seem to be producing much other than, interestingly enough, BORK. I saw them using Comeau on the PP in both games, which didn't happen when he was in Columbus (I'm assuming PIT, too). Tyutin seems to have rebounded a little bit.

Varlamov's numbers aren't great but he seemed to play really well against the Jackets both times- is it like Mike Smith with the Yotes in that he's got no support in front of him?

Erik Johnson broke his leg Saturday and is done for like 2 months. Toots is day to day and I think Landeskog is still out. Their offense is awful right now.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

you can't make me

:smith:

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

i am the bird posted:

https://youtu.be/xdVn42-vOt8

Dunno, doesn't seem that hard!

rude :mad:

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

hifi posted:

why do that when he can just lean over on the bench and ask lucic who thinks it's just for league liability

Lucic isn't wrong, let's be honest here.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

are the fancy cats still hurting or should I expect reality to come crashing down on the flyers tonight

i mean i know in my heart the answer is the latter but :v:

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

funny Star Wars parody posted:

how are the wings looking? it looks like we have a bunch of injured kids and no hope but what do i know

If you love 3rd line grinders who are GOOD MICHIGAN BOYS then oh man are you gonna fuckin' love the detroit red wings

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

CBJSprague24 posted:

I can't remember if they were still platooning goalies at that point or if Bob had solidly taken over, but Mason went to Philly for Michael Leighton and a 3rd at the Deadline in 2013.

e- Never mind, you said the return is NOT small.

Who became that 3rd anyway? I do not at all remember

E: vvvv aah, that'd be why

DJExile fucked around with this message at 20:38 on Dec 6, 2016

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

News: Stebe

https://twitter.com/SonsofPenn/status/806321474537668608?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

Views; 6 in a row :radcat:

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

"I'm not a Gary Bettman guy, I'm a Paul Heyman guy..."

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

ahahahaha

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Vicas posted:

Gudas is back and Del Zotto is healthy scratched and I'm sad now

is it me or has MDZ been pretty underwhelming though?

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Jamie Daniels, the son of red wings PBP man Ken Daniels passed away in his sleep at age 23 :smith:

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

yeah maybe it's Streit I'm thinking of.

And the flyers are on a 5 game streak almost entirely because of Mason and Simmonds right now. With Coots and Read out we are going to come crashing back to earth really soon. We chased the Panthers all game and by all rights should have lost that in regulation if not for Mason.

Offensively things are.... weird. The top line was almost nonexistent for a while and Giroux seemed to be a little snake bitten, but we wound up getting a shocking amount of offense from the depth lines and even some of the D. It's been a strange last few weeks.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

flyers and oilers went all throwback thursday :stare:

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Pour one out tonight for Mason and Gustavsson. Save percentages of .848 and .806 :

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

I will say this to Edmonton's credit: they are fast as all hell, and they have a really impressive power play

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

JoelJoel posted:

Lol, great hockey player acted x. Lol, what a y.

Oooh! I love mad libs. Let me try!

Lol, great hockey player acted like a teenager. Lol what a teenager.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

sorry RC :(

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Shawn Cotureier posted:

Flyers releasing their Stadium Series jersey tomorrow. If it's anything like the leaked ones then the Flyers have completely forgotten how to jersey and I'll only buy one of them. That'll show 'em. :argh:

http://www.crossingbroad.com/2016/12/is-this-the-stadium-series-jersey-the-flyers-will-release-tomorrow.html

That's loving hideous

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

i really don't like those numbers

E: Are they wearing them for today's game?

DJExile fucked around with this message at 15:08 on Dec 10, 2016

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Shawn Cotureier posted:

No today is the gold ones!

oh great :manning:

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

N: flyers
V: good

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

I've never seen Kari Lehtonen bite so hard on a fake, then do so loving well to recover and make the raddest fuckin' save

https://twitter.com/DallasStars/status/807681014743072769

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Jamie Oleksiak was given 2 games for a headshot on Chris Vandevelde yesterday.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Yeah ghost's hand is banged up

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Infidel Castro posted:

Detroit wanted to put an end to our streak, but Stolarz and Schenn said "nine!"

this joke is very bad

but not as bad as the detroit red wings!!!! :radcat:

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Vicas posted:

Stolarz looked legit as gently caress tonight too

he really did, he seemed a lot more comfortable than he did in the Calgary game

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Shawn Cotureier posted:

Apparently, tonight was the first time in Flyers history that they won a regular season game 1-0 in OT

They've LOST in OT 1-0, they've won and lost in shootouts 1-0, but never won in a game decided in the OT period

No poo poo?

That's weird as hell

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

lmao what the gently caress, holland.

quote:

Detroit Red Wings general manager Ken Holland, a driving force behind the NHL adopting its wildly popular 3-on-3 overtime, wondered recently how exciting it would be for the league to adopt a wild-card play-in game similar to what is used by Major League Baseball.

The proposal would add a third wild-card playoff team to each conference, with the bottom two wild-card teams facing each other in a one-game playoff to determine which team advances to a first-round playoff series. The idea was discussed at last week's board of governors meetings in Florida.

this is a terrible idea

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

CBJSprague24 posted:

a) your team is the third Wild Card

explains why Holland wants it :v:

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

PK loving SUBBAN posted:

I don't have time to find the pictures, but on the bench after Laine was devastated. He looked completely shell shocked. Poor kid.

Yeah he got a hug from Wheeler but man he looked like he couldn't find a hole deep enough to crawl into.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Properov was dragged down hard by AMac, who seems to be goign to back to the AMac of old, but yeah overall I've been super impressed with him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Vicas posted:

I really hope Hakstol just bites the bullet and keeps both Del Zotto and Ghost in the lineup to finally push AMac out. It seems like he's finally realized Schultz should not be playing on a pro team, but AMac seems to be seen as the lesser of 2 evils where the other is having too many "offensive defensemen" in the lineup, causing bad turnovers that lead to goals

Oh well, 9 games

Yeah in AMac's defense (gently caress that's weird to say) he actually seemed pretty improved this year from the trainwreck he was in the early going, but it looks like he's regressing hard now.

• Locked thread