Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

we're puttin' the band back together

Stretch Marx posted:

Curling is the drinking sport. You are expected to be drinking while playing.

And screw the haters curling is great to watch.

Yall should have been here in 2006 when we all had crushes on the USA women's curling team

Also that Crosby bank shot goal tonight :stare:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

Jersey crew: they're 25% off at Fanatics today, even Mitchell and Ness. You can get a Burger King Gretzky or Blake for $225 free shipping.

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

Hey, JR and Mike Sullivan - this is not a 1a/1b platoon situation. Sit Fleury, and if he complains tell him to waive his NTC.

He gets to pick 10 (12?) teams at the beginning of the season and can be traded without permission to anyone else

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

This is all he can waive or not. He can be traded to any team not on his already-submitted no trade list whether he wants to or not

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

Chad Sexington posted:

What backlash?

Yeah, this only existed from a whiny Internet minority. Promoting Crosby and Ovechkin benefitted the NHL handsomely in terms of ratings, ticket sales, jersey sales, etc.

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

You want to play that game, let me tell you about a fella by the name of Dick Tarnstrom.

What a loving trivia answer he is, to be up there with Lemieux, Jagr, Crosby, Malkin, etc.

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

Kilza posted:

Laine's first ever goal against the Jets was nice:
https://twitter.com/EdmontonOilers/status/808172609577750528

lol remember when McCabe did this in overtime for the Leafs

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

Vicas posted:

It astounds me that anyone has watched an episode of the simpsons in the last decade

Like Gretzky, the Simpsons should have called it quits in 1999

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

a false posted:

is this a jersey foul (considering buchnevich never wore this jersey as it was designed for this season) because these jerseys look so loving good and i want one badly http://stores.ebay.com/lutchusa?_dmd=2&_nkw=buchnevich

Go for it, I got a jersey from Lutch and it's great

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

A 10 game winning streak is fun but remember when the Capitals won like 13 in February or when the Penguins had an undefeated March, didn't help them any in the playoffs

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

xzzy posted:

Chicago's 26 "no regulation loss" streak or whatever it ended up being resulted in them winning a cup. :colbert:

Please, the real joy of that was Stephen A Smith thinking it included ties :laugh:

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

CBJSprague24 posted:

Pens are going to use Jedi Magic to convince MAF to go to Le Habs in exchange for Price because the former is a Francophone and will fit right in, right?

Unloading MAF on the Habs would be hilarious except MAF hates Therrien as much as HAS does so it'll never happen

Teemu Pokemon posted:

MAF's rear end scored the cup winning goal for the Wings in 08

if the Penguins won that series he was going to win the Conn Smythe, but they weren't going to win because the 08 Wings were a juggernaut

Also you're stupid as gently caress if you blame him for losing tonight when he was the third star and the Penguins didn't score on 2 minutes of 5-on-3 in the 3rd period

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

Here's my favorite Jagr oddity:

His rookie card. This jersey? Back. This hat style? Back. Jags? Still here, baby.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

CBJSprague24 posted:

I'd forgotten about this until Timehop popped up on my phone:

https://twitter.com/Dejan_Kovacevic/status/679109878472929280

https://twitter.com/NHLFlyers/status/679122587901779968

Happy one-year anniversary symbolically fighting a two-front war together, FAS. :hfive:

Dejan is a dumbass troll that no one likes hth

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

That's cool but the Flyers also basically tried to kill Eric Lindros, so

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

Are the blue jackets this year's "bad team that is unsustainably good for a short time" or are they legit? I remember enjoying hearty laughs at the Leafs and Wild, in recent years, for being good until about now despite every fancy stat pointing out how a correction was coming hard, and did.

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

zegermans posted:

So, current winter classic weather forcast is 60 degrees and a half inch of rain.

That's probably the worst scenario they've tried this in since the Buffalo/Pittsburgh one.

The Pittsburgh/Capitals game was way more lovely. They bumped the game to nighttime and it was still so goddamn warm I didn't wear a coat to the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

I want an Alex Daigle jersey like that so bad. Unfortunately they aren't easy to find on ebay.

• Locked thread