Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Your idols are old. Many of them are in poor health due to substance abuse. Someone important to you is going to die every year from now on.

Murder train's rolling, all aboard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

2016 may have elected The Grinch Who Stole Christmas, but 2017 is when he gets the power.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Go Leafs G- Aww...

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

CBJSprague24 posted:

Zach Werenski is Rookie of the Month for November. It's at least the third time a Jacket has gotten the award- Derick Brassard and Steve Mason (twice) got it in 2008-09. (Nash apparently got it once in 2002 as well).

rip

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

hifi posted:

crosby's rookie year penguins were legitimately bad and the oilers are historic underachievers. and listing gretzky's first 70 nhl games is more disingenuous than panarin's calder. i think the only thing you can take away here is that crosby is good

I don't think that's the top 3, just the 3 they chose to compare.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

lazerwolf posted:

Jake Voracek is something else this year. Easily the best Flyer night in and night out

One of the worst lines in the league according to that tweet earlier.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Plus the NHLPA is incompetent too, there's no good guys.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Ginette Reno posted:

Laine is bizarre. His possession stats are pretty terrible, but he's still scoring a gently caress ton of goals.

e: McDavid on the other hand is outrageously good in every way you can quantify a player

That's not out of the ordinary for Ovechkin from time to time either.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Who are the other two?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

So change to a bright green puck. That's what tennis did.

Then a few years later they changed to a ball, and the rest is history.

Aphrodite fucked around with this message at 01:21 on Dec 5, 2016

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

If they could find a way to fund it with the player share it would get done.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

What if we make the pucks radioactive?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

He's getting a disc put in his cervix because he's a weak little girl.

Walk it off.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Pasta just made Matheson and Luongo his property.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

hifi posted:

connor mcdavid would actually have a concussion if he was playing ladies hockey because he would be wearing a cage

No his breasts would cushion his fall. Duh.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Jamwad Hilder posted:

Man, Crosby is on another level this year in terms of goal scoring. I was gonna continue to brag about Pasta, and him having 15 goals in 21 games, but Sid is at 17 in 20.

24%. Pastrnak is only at 21, so obviously he's going to win when Crosby crashes that 3%.

I did the math don't worry, no need to verify.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Burn it down.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

You got a point in a Montoya game. Don't get greedy now.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

It's about protecting your teammates.

Edit: Granlund looks like he may have accidentally hit him with his skates, but you can see he's actually trying to stand over him and keep the scrum back.

Aphrodite fucked around with this message at 14:38 on Dec 7, 2016

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Top Hats Monthly posted:

My favorite thing about the Beleskey story is watching him talk glowingly about hockey hopefully growing in Asia and the league is about to absolutely gently caress it up with PyeongChang and Beijing.

It was awesome when they did all those interviews during the World Cup asking players how it feels to play for their country, and nearly all of them would talk about how great the Olympics felt.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Penguin Knights

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

He was injured and came back too early.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Also PDO teaches us that Rask is too good, and is suppressing the ability of the team to score goals.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Teemu Pokemon posted:

I would literally be shocked if most hockey/baseball players weren't Republicans/Trump supporters. It's best to just bury your head in the sand on this one

Most hockey players are not American. Even with bad dumb Canadians like Hartnell I don't think it approaches most.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Martytoof posted:

Yes, but most millonaires are millionaires which is probably where that comes from.

I don't think just having money can turn a man Republican, there's a certain disdain for human life that needs to be developed too.

Actually I guess we are talking about Ohio.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I don't think they would appreciate being insulted like that.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Should have punched him in the kidneys a bunch.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

He gave them a hometown discount. Sweeney would have offered 4.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

If you pay your 4th liners the most, and work up from there, your best players are your cheapest players.

That's just math, dummies.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

ThinkTank posted:

Sometimes I like to think about people like Benning and Holland being in charge of organizations where results actually mattered in some way.

"Well Alan may not be the best paramedic, in fact some would say he's dangerously unfit for his position, but you gotta admire that dedication. Sure he kills the occasional patient or two because he doesn't know the difference between saline and morphine, but dammit he puts in the hours!"

Oh I thought we moved away from the Trump topic.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Mind_Taker posted:

A healthy Lundqvist is sitting back-to-back games. I hope this is the year he starts his downward trend, though I also think he is typically a slow starter? (correct me if I'm wrong RAS)

He's had bad Octobers lately, but not much longer than that.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Spoiler: No.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I disagree that Kari Lehtonen being bad and getting lucky is really "unbelievable".

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Do you get 16 wings for 10 goals?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Martytoof posted:

I enjoy the fact that we all but erased the GA from the 0-10 game.

That was an Eastern conference game, those are worth double.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Mage_Boy posted:

It was a Metropolitan game, worth triple.

In Columbus they got 50 free wings each.

Scott Hartnell was very upset about this because how dare the poors benefit from his work.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

It would be lower that way!

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The Habs wings aren't just at games. Anyone who signs up gets a coupon emailed when they score 5.

I've never actually had wings at La Cage though so I don't know if it's worth it.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I enjoy how coaching tactics used on 10 year olds continue to work when they're in their 30s.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Not too crazy considering their goalies since shootouts came in.

• Locked thread