Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Velthice
Dec 12, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
everyone who has ever existed ever has gone out of their way to tell me that it was a bad movie but I liked it, and not even in the so bad it's good kind of way. I am not a super comic nerd but I do like comic book movies, so maybe there's some unforgivable sin that I'll just never care about

I also liked the killing joke even though everyone was really mad at that one too

am I alone in liking these movies, or is it just a bunch of nerds being mad because?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
I liked Suicide Squad.

married but discreet
May 7, 2005

Taco Defender
dude take this to CD

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

suicide squad sucked really bad

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.
I think the Killing Joke animated movie is trash, but I agree on Suicide Squad.

It was definitely rough around the edges but I came out enjoying it.

I'd rather watch Suicide Squad again then ever have to sit through Avengers 2 again.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
most dc movies are hot garbage for idiots and their handling of suicide squad as a property over the last five years did nothing to engender any hope in me that it would be good as a movie

namaste fuckos

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

GonSmithe posted:

I'd rather watch Suicide Squad again then ever have to sit through Avengers 2 again.

The highest of bars to clear.

Croc's design was cool and well executed. I even liked his voice/speech patterns.

Enchantress's hip shaking was a bit rough, but I legit thought it was a cool idea.

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

suicide squad is like the worst parts of mystery men combined with league of extraordinary gentlemen

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
nah

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

I would bet ten dollars that David Ayer smells like axe body spray all the time

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
i don't think you would

Sir Kodiak
May 14, 2007

Mix of good parts and bad parts. Will watch the extended edition, but don't see how it can fix the poo poo action.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Sir Kodiak posted:

Mix of good parts and bad parts. Will watch the extended edition, but don't see how it can fix the poo poo action.

i'm very curious to see the changes in editing, IF, this is supposed to be the version before the trailer house made their cut of the movie.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer
I only saw the extended version of Suicide Squad and I thought it was solidly ok.

Jared Leto probably did the closest portrayal of the comic book Joker than anyone else, although Jack Nicholson will always be my favorite because of pure nostalgia.

Sir Kodiak
May 14, 2007

MacheteZombie posted:

i'm very curious to see the changes in editing, IF, this is supposed to be the version before the trailer house made their cut of the movie.

Yes, curious if it's just more or if it's put together differently.

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

MacheteZombie posted:

i don't think you would

there's literally no way he doesn't

Velthice
Dec 12, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
I thought Leto owned

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Velthice posted:

I thought Leto owned

I would see a stand alone Leto Joker movie. I legit think given more screen time, he'd have given all those Heath Ledger masturbators a run for their money.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

there's literally no way he doesn't

still dont see you laying down the cash

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

MacheteZombie posted:

still dont see you laying down the cash

take the bet & smell david ayer for me. also get a picture of his monster energy drink tattoo if you can (entire cast & crew got these to commemorate the experience)

Sir Kodiak
May 14, 2007

Skoll posted:

I would see a stand alone Leto Joker movie. I legit think given more screen time, he'd have given all those Heath Ledger masturbators a run for their money.

Leto may be method, but he doesn't have the nerve to go full-Ledger on what it takes to be a real icon. He didn't even have bullets in his gun when he ambushed Julian Lennon as prep for that Mark David Chapman movie.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

take the bet & smell david ayer for me. also get a picture of his monster energy drink tattoo if you can (entire cast & crew got these to commemorate the experience)
nah

Sir Kodiak posted:

Leto may be method, but he doesn't have the nerve to go full-Ledger on what it takes to be a real icon. He didn't even have bullets in his gun when he ambushed Julian Lennon as prep for that Mark David Chapman movie.

lol

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Sir Kodiak posted:

I guess the only real actors are those who die needlessly from drug overdoses they could have easily avoided. :allears:

Not saying Ledger was a bad Joker or actor, but this pedestal everyone puts him on because he died is loving absurd. I say this as someone who has enjoyed almost his entire body of work.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Trap Lord Joker was a good direction for Joker.

Sir Kodiak
May 14, 2007

MacheteZombie posted:

Trap Lord Joker was a good direction for Joker.

Agreed. It was the only thing in Suicide Squad that came close to what I'd been hoping for based on Sabotage.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer
I am in the minority here, but Suicide Squad needed less Harley Quinn and Deadshot and more Killer Croc.

Also, the dude they got to play Rick Flagg looks and acts the least like you'd expect a Special Forces hardass to.

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

which training day dude had the shittier career: David Ayer or Antoine Fuqua?

I lean Fuqua cuz Ayer has like one sorta good movie

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Skoll posted:

I am in the minority here, but Suicide Squad needed less Harley Quinn and Deadshot and more Killer Croc.

Also, the dude they got to play Rick Flagg looks and acts the least like you'd expect a Special Forces hardass to.

but that Katanaaaaa line reading is fantastic. Yes to more Croc

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

please dont troll this safe space.

Sir Kodiak
May 14, 2007

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

Shooter is better than anything Ayers has ever made, as justifiably acclaimed as Sabotage may be.

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

that answer is incorrect, Shooter is very bad and End Of Watch is the okay David Ayer movie

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

if you're watching any Arnold movie after Eraser you're fuckin up bad

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

that answer is incorrect, Shooter is very bad and End Of Watch is the okay David Ayer movie

End of Watch was really good.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Skoll posted:

I only saw the extended version of Suicide Squad and I thought it was solidly ok.

Jared Leto probably did the closest portrayal of the comic book Joker than anyone else, although Jack Nicholson will always be my favorite because of pure nostalgia.

Lmao what the gently caress even is this

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

Lmao what the gently caress even is this

You being triggered, obv

Sir Kodiak
May 14, 2007

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

that answer is incorrect, Shooter is very bad

You must be thinking of a different movie. Fuqua's Shooter is very good, arguably one of the best movies ever made.

Terrorist Fistbump
Jan 29, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Is there more jared leto in the extended cut, cause he was my favorite part

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

MacheteZombie posted:

End of Watch was really good.

it was okay

Sir Kodiak posted:

You must be thinking of a different movie. Fuqua's Shooter is very good, arguably one of the best movies ever made.

I mean, in the sense that any movie is "arguably" one of the best movies ever made

Sir Kodiak
May 14, 2007

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

I mean, in the sense that any movie is "arguably" one of the best movies ever made

The argument is essentially whether Shooter is the best movie ever made or if it's a fundamentally meaningless question. It's not going to be that some other movie is better than Shooter, get real.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

those two dudes loved each other. it was sweet and real.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

Sir Kodiak posted:

The argument is essentially whether Shooter is the best movie ever made or if it's a fundamentally meaningless question. It's not going to be that some other movie is better than Shooter, get real.

Shooter isn't even the best Shooter in film, that being Shooter McGavin

• Locked thread