Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

The Alien series is perhaps my favorite film series of all time. Not all the films are good, mind you, but Alien and Aliens being my all time favorite movies, it makes the whole rest of the bunch stand a lot higher than most. Also I think Alien 3, the AC, is great. AvP-R is bullshit.

The series has imo the best protagonist of all time: Jonesy the cat. Who better to lead the crusade against the Xenomorphs than him?

This thread is open to all things Alien. Anything your heart desires. Including Covenant, the new Alien film in which Kenny Powers faces off against the galaxy's most feared extraterrestrial.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Prometheus is the only good Alien movie. Alien blows rear end.

Velthice
Dec 12, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
why do aliens drool everywhere? aren't they supposed to be genetically perfect killing machines? should I drool everywhere too?

married but discreet
May 7, 2005

Taco Defender
One thing I really liked about the Alien movies is how there is at least one alien, but that discussion might be more suited for the serious forum.

Bo-Pepper
Sep 9, 2002

Want some rye?
Course ya do!

Fun Shoe
sometimes when I lube up real heavy like all over lube everywhere and it's dripping all over the floor I'm all it's me I'm the alien

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer
Aliens is the movie that got me one of my first soap sandwiches cause after I saw it, I went around saying, "GET AWAY FROM HER YOU BITCH!!" a lot.

That's my story, I hope you enjoyed it.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

MacheteZombie posted:

Prometheus is the only good Alien movie. Alien blows rear end.

Woah now! This is the chill Alien thread sir! Not the so chilled your hand gets frozen to your face Alien thread!

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

CelticPredator posted:

Woah now! This is the chill Alien thread sir! Not the so chilled your hand gets frozen to your face Alien thread!

lol

Seriously tho Alien is a masterpiece.

Sir Kodiak
May 14, 2007

AvPR is good if you have a good TV that can display fine distinctions of near-black. It is otherwise almost unwatchable. It should be a pack-in to show off your OLED TV.

Prometheus is tied for the best Alien movie with the first and Covenant will probably be great. Surprise surprise, the best movies in the franchise were made by the best director to make a movie for it.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

AvP-R is trash. I just re-watched it. I don't understand what anyone sees in it. It's a very ugly looking film that doesn't have a single clue how to shoot a rubber suit monster. Every alien in the film looks like a floppy turd. You can find me screenshots of nice shots, but you can't make them look nice in motion.

Awful awful awful.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer
Both AvP movies were awful and I will fight anyone IRL who says otherwise.

Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>
Gaylien.

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

Ridley Scott's made two good movies and Prometheus wasn't one of them

Bo-Pepper
Sep 9, 2002

Want some rye?
Course ya do!

Fun Shoe
like lube everywhere and I'm perched up on a high shelf and that's hard to do given all the lube you see plus i'm nude then then my wife comes in and I'm all HISSSS and she says "Carl! What are you doing?"

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Guys is it true that Ridley from Metroid is named after Ridley Scott, or did that fat kid Chris lie to me in 5th grade? :ohdear:

Zorodius
Feb 11, 2007

EA GAMES' MASTERPIECE 'MADDEN 2018 G.O.A.T. EDITION' IS A GLORIOUS TRIUMPH OF ART AND TECHNOLOGY. IT BRINGS GAMEDAY RIGHT TO THE PLAYER AND WHOEVER SAYS OTHERWISE CAN, YOU GUESSED IT...
SUCK THE SHIT STRAIGHT OUT OF MY OWN ASSHOLE.

BUY IT.
Prometheus was quite underrated. Which is odd, since Alien was so overrated.

However, I'd still give Alien five bags of popcorn for Sigourney Weaver in her underwear. Terrific film.

Prometheus had better acting/storyline/characters is all

Terrorist Fistbump
Jan 29, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Alien 3 is the second best Alien movie

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

Terrorist Fistbump posted:

Alien 3 is the best Alien movie

Terrorist Fistbump
Jan 29, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
I won't fight you on that one bro, it's neck and neck at the top of that list

InfiniteZero
Sep 11, 2004

PINK GUITAR FIRE ROBOT

College Slice
If I could make my own cut of the Alien films I'd digitally add Harry Dean Stanton into every entry in the series.

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

InfiniteZero posted:

If I could make my own cut of the Alien films I'd digitally add Harry Dean Stanton into every entry in the series.

uh who do you think's been playing the alien

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

im going to pass this on as fact

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

Right

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

CelticPredator posted:

AvP-R is trash. I just re-watched it. I don't understand what anyone sees in it.

They prob dont see anything in it since every scene is like 95% pitch black.

There are a ton of poo poo scenes but theres one truly terrible one that is like sub student film lvls of awful. When some nameless chick is in a diner and an alien head is pushed through these swinging doors toward her....its prob the grossest poo poo ever commited to film.

Well What Now
Nov 10, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Shredded Hen
the video game Alien Isolation was a better Alien movie than Alien Resurrection

Lord Kinbote
Feb 27, 2016

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH
alien & aliens are good

everything else has been a piece of poo poo

Ecstatic Elastic
Oct 30, 2008

She's just spun
I love Alien and Alien 3, but I never could get into Aliens. I don't know what the deal is, but it's just not my jam sorry...mostly

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Well What Now posted:

Its drat good.

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH
That game was too spooky for me :(

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Well What Now posted:

Yeah, if they really just reshot the main plot as a movie people would be like 'franchise we like came back in style'.

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
AVP: R is a fascinating movie in how lovely it is. It's like the director saw the reviews of the first film being toothless and boring and went in the exact opposite direction and made it a mean spirited, gory mess of a film.

Does anyone else think that an Alien film set in major city would be awesome?

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

OldTennisCourt posted:

Does anyone else think that an Alien film set in major city would be awesome?

The guy who made Predator 2

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

MacheteZombie posted:

The guy who made Predator 2

and he was right, because Predator 2 kicks rear end

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
The only thing I can remember from it is the spine rip in the subway tunnels, the scene going from apt to apt and the freezer room.

Huh, I remember more than I thought. Might give it a re-watch.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Imagine a good Batman vs Predator movie.

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH
I remember Danny Glover's real big silver gun with a laser sight

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Only if it turns out a predator killed bruce waynes parents.

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

Palpek posted:

Imagine a good Batman vs Predator movie.

no

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

same

• Locked thread