Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
The Vikings' offense is only slightly more alive than Prince

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

Benne posted:

The Vikings' offense is only slightly more alive than Prince

So doing just fine, but chilling at an island they own in the Caribbean?

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Raiders fans must be torn right now

This must be the closest they've been in a while to confident they'll see a SB because everyone else sucks, yet they also know the team's leaving for Vegas and likely even announcing it before the game

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Chris James 2 posted:

This must be the closest they've been in a while to confident they'll see a SB because everyone else sucks, yet they also know the team's leaving for Vegas and likely even announcing it before the game

Going to Vegas, while extremely lucrative, is going to be bad for the team in terms of home field advantage. Literally every home game is going to be stocked full of opposing team fans.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender
Man who'd have thought that having two teams play 3 games in 12 days would produce a sloppy, miserable game

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

TheChirurgeon posted:

Man who'd have thought that having two teams play 3 games in 12 days would produce a sloppy, miserable game

Weirdly, the games that were actually on short rest weren't miserable and sloppy.

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

Chris James 2 posted:

I'm fine with it.

swickles posted:

Going to Vegas, while extremely lucrative, is going to be bad for the team in terms of home field advantage. Literally every home game is going to be stocked full of opposing team fans.

Having lived in Vegas for twelve years, I can assure you this will not be the case.

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002
I'm amazed Dallas pulled that out, that was almost as ridiculous as the Steelers game. Minnesota's gonna be so drat dangerous next year if they stay healthy and AP holds off the 30-something running back wall another year.

warcrimes posted:

Having lived in Vegas for twelve years, I can assure you this will not be the case.

Been in Vegas almost 14 years and yeah, there are a shitload of Raiders fans here. Unless their playing a nationally popular team like Dallas or one that's super close by like Denver the home town crowd will be solidly represented.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Taco Defender

swickles posted:

Weirdly, the games that were actually on short rest weren't miserable and sloppy.

I suspect the combined effect of playing another game a week after the short week probably had a major impact, as did the "strength vs strength, weakness vs weakness" nature of the matchup

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Ragnarok the Red posted:

I'm amazed Dallas pulled that out, that was almost as ridiculous as the Steelers game. Minnesota's gonna be so drat dangerous next year if they stay healthy and AP holds off the 30-something running back wall another year.

They're going to cut AD and hopefully draft a good rb high.

OSheaman
May 27, 2004

Heavy Fucking Metal
Fun Shoe
I'm honestly not sure how they expect human beings to properly officiate NFL games anymore.

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Ragnarok the Red posted:

Minnesota's gonna be so drat dangerous next year

Oberst
May 24, 2010

Fertilizing threads since 2010
Young
And
On
The
Rise

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I do not wear this mask to protect me. I wear it to protect you from me.

Injured
as
all
hell.

Seriously, take out Dallas' (or any teams) starting RB, LT, C, LG, RT, DT and both backup tackles and see how well they do. You know the crap players who play the fourth quarter of the fourth preseason games? That and Alex Boone are Minnesota's O-line now.

Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity

Chichevache posted:

They're going to cut AD and hopefully draft a good rb high.

Chip Kelly hired by Bills in 2017 and trades McCoy to Minnesota for Bradford (Bills become whitest team in 2017, purely coincidentally)

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

Ragnarok the Red posted:

Been in Vegas almost 14 years and yeah, there are a shitload of Raiders fans here. Unless their playing a nationally popular team like Dallas or one that's super close by like Denver the home town crowd will be solidly represented.

Not just that, LA is a 3-4 hour drive away and there are going to be a ton of locals converting to a team on the upswing

Oberst
May 24, 2010

Fertilizing threads since 2010

Darth Brooks posted:

Injured
as
all
hell.

Seriously, take out Dallas' (or any teams) starting RB, LT, C, LG, RT, DT and both backup tackles and see how well they do. You know the crap players who play the fourth quarter of the fourth preseason games? That and Alex Boone are Minnesota's O-line now.

:salt:

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Pre-emptively posting

God Osweiler looked like poo poo against the Packers

Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity

Intruder posted:

Pre-emptively posting

God Osweiler looked like poo poo against the Packers

Hi, Eagles Fan here, I'm sort of psychologically dependent on the Texans beating the Packers now

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.

WENTZ WAGON NUI posted:

Hi, Eagles Fan here, I'm sort of psychologically dependent on the Texans beating the Packers now

that is not a good thing upon which to be dependent

Besides, the Packers aren't going to take a Wild Card spot, we're too far back. We have to hope for a Detroit/Minnesota collapse and for the magic of the Mystery Tent to carry over into the next few weeks.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

WENTZ WAGON NUI posted:

Sorry

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Abugadu posted:

that is not a good thing upon which to be dependent

Besides, the Packers aren't going to take a Wild Card spot, we're too far back. We have to hope for a Detroit/Minnesota collapse and for the magic of the Mystery Tent to carry over into the next few weeks.

Hmmmm wow that's a pretty wild idea, the Detroit Lions collapsing. No chance of that. No sir, no how. Crazy stuff.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

Chichevache posted:

Hmmmm wow that's a pretty wild idea, the Detroit Lions collapsing. No chance of that. No sir, no how. Crazy stuff.

You shut your whore mouth!

I know all too well they're gonna blow it and it pains me deeply.

Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity

Chichevache posted:

Yeah I think after tonight we'll all agree Viks going winless for the rest of 2016 is unpossible

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i Rember aftermath i had social studies. as a young child

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

OSheaman posted:

I'm honestly not sure how they expect human beings to properly officiate NFL games anymore.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Chichevache posted:

My roommate is a Lions fan and he has hope for the first time in his life. I can't wait to see it crushed.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World
I find myself rooting against bad coaches this year more than anything. No matter what happens from here on out, if I get to see Jeff Fisher repeatedly dunked on for the rest of the year I'll be pretty happy, even though I have absolutely no reason to care about the Rams either way.

It's at the point where I even want the Seahakws to win by 50 points just so Fisher suffers.

3 DONG HORSE posted:

My roommate is a Lions fan and he has hope for the first time in his life. I can't wait to see it crushed.

Rude, regardless of how probable it is.

sean10mm fucked around with this message at 15:54 on Dec 2, 2016

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy

Ragnarok the Red posted:

Minnesota's gonna be so drat dangerous next year if they stay healthy and AP holds off the 30-something running back wall another year.

things said in 2015

Cash Monet
Apr 5, 2009

sean10mm posted:

I find myself rooting against bad coaches this year more than anything. No matter what happens from here on out, if I get to see Jeff Fisher repeatedly dunked on for the rest of the year I'll be pretty happy, even though I have absolutely no reason to care about the Rams either way.

It's at the point where I even want the Seahakws to win by 50 points just so Fisher suffers.

It tells you how insulated owners are that Stan Kroenke doesn't realize or doesn't care that Jeff Fisher has turned the Rams into a punchline.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I decided to watch the game instead of playing Final Fantasy and shut it off after that stupid fumble reversal in the fourth quarter. I think I'm not gonna make that decision anymore.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Taco Defender

IcePhoenix posted:

I decided to watch the game instead of playing Final Fantasy and shut it off after that stupid fumble reversal in the fourth quarter. I think I'm not gonna make that decision anymore.

that was the right call though

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

TheChirurgeon posted:

that was the right call though

This. If you want to complain, bitch about the missed hands to the face on the conversion attempt. Now, that would have just given them an extra shot at 2, which considering how much the vikings struggled to get in the end zone all night was no sure thing.

There were bad reffing calls on both sides all night long, but that fumble was the right call.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Someone find the Santa/Lions comic

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

The Lions will win the Super Bowl.

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

IF I EVER MISS VOTING IN AN ELECTION (EVEN AMERICAN IDOL) ,OR HAVE UNPAID PARKING TICKETS, PLEASE TAKE AWAY MY FRANCHISE

Intruder posted:

Someone find the Santa/Lions comic

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

sean10mm posted:

Rude, regardless of how probable it is.

He backed the Panthers in SB50 so he's a marked man :ninja:

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

God drat, that was a loving work of art. :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lote
Aug 5, 2001

Place your bets
If the Cowboys win against the Giants in the Meadowlands, they are officially a "good" team that can make the Super Bowl.

Also, if they win 2 games and the Giants lose any game, they clinch home field advantage in the playoffs.

• Locked thread