Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

dolphins bad, so what

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Man it was going downhill since Parker let a skinny safety rip the ball out of his hands. TD turned into a pick

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

can we post here about the eagles yet

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
26 points, season high for the bears. goodbye good qb in the draft

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont

blue squares posted:

can we post here about the eagles yet

Remember when the Eagles were easily, indisputably, the best team in the division

Lmao

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Rams are really, really bad and made the Patriots defense look like, I dunno, the Vikings defense or something.

Ah well, Tom Brady got his 201st win, and the Patriots have 10 wins. Not much to take away from this game beyond that.

Shawn Cotureier
Jan 21, 2009

Still better than Umberger
Eagles are a bad team with bad players, qtiyd

I'm going to cheer myself up by watching videos of sad UNC fans reacting to the Villanova buzzer beater in the national championship game

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
Eric Berry

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
I still don't know if the Chiefs are any good or not.

Like, you can't keep winning games this way forever, you just can't.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
I wonder if this counts as a 4th quarter comeback for Alex Smith, that would be pretty funny.

e: Just read the definition, it has to be on an offensive drive. Boo. Well yay that the stat isn't dumb, but boo anyway.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Grittybeard posted:

9 Wins, and host the Raiders, Titans and Broncos the next three weeks before ending at the Chargers.

They could easily win three of those games and end up with a playoff bye.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

if you didn't see the falcons loss then lol

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
See I'm glad the NFL started allowing returns on PAT and 2-point attempts. So now you can get exciting defensive plays on them.

nopants
May 29, 2004
The Raiders still have games at KC, Denver, and SD. KC is undefeated in divisional play and has won at Oakland and Denver.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal

Grittybeard posted:

They are good relative to the rest of the NFL this year. These wins count! I don't think generating turnovers is luck either, we have talented DBs and an aggressive blitzing defense.

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

Eat poo poo, Joe Lombardi.

purkey
Dec 5, 2003

I hate the 90s

Anyone have a semi-reliable source for career pick 6s thrown? I want to see how Bortles stacks up.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
I'd feel a lot better about the Raiders game if it wasn't on a damned Thursday.

Gynecolojustice posted:

They are good relative to the rest of the NFL this year. These wins count! I don't think generating turnovers is luck either, we have talented DBs and an aggressive blitzing defense.

What worries me is that has a way of drying up at the worst times.

Poor Marty.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal

Grittybeard posted:

What worries me is that has a way of drying up at the worst times.

Poor Marty.

Our offense is poor to mediocre but Alex is known to step up and become a monster in the playoffs

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

purkey posted:

Anyone have a semi-reliable source for career pick 6s thrown? I want to see how Bortles stacks up.

No, we don't. Play by play data exists only back to 1999, 1960-1998 is somewhat reliable, but not 100%, and prior to that is a god damned mess.

Chase Stewart wrote about it here and crunched the numbers as of 3 years ago: http://www.footballperspective.com/most-pick-sixes-thrown-in-nfl-history/

Favre is the leader there, with 35, ahead of Dan Marino with 30. (Partial pick-6's are due to old games where multiple qb's threw passes where they don't know which one thew the pick-6)

Bortles would probably be super near the top on a per pass basis though. Most of the guys with 10+ played for *forever*

curiosity fucked me up
Oct 7, 2014
God, quit making me feel happy lions. I know you are just trying to break my heart in the most devastating way possible. Probably an Aaron Rodgers hail mary with the playoffs on the line or something.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT

Shangri-Law School posted:

calvin johnson should be used as a decoy

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe
The San Francisco 49ers are not a good football team.

purkey
Dec 5, 2003

I hate the 90s

Kalli posted:

No, we don't. Play by play data exists only back to 1999, 1960-1998 is somewhat reliable, but not 100%, and prior to that is a god damned mess.

Chase Stewart wrote about it here and crunched the numbers as of 3 years ago: http://www.footballperspective.com/most-pick-sixes-thrown-in-nfl-history/

Favre is the leader there, with 35, ahead of Dan Marino with 30. (Partial pick-6's are due to old games where multiple qb's threw passes where they don't know which one thew the pick-6)

Bortles would probably be super near the top on a per pass basis though. Most of the guys with 10+ played for *forever*

Thanks I saw that one a few weeks ago. Bort would have like 65+ in a Favre length career

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
Glad to see the Bengals get a win today even if it was over a really, really, really bad team. I feel bad for Darren Sproles. Tez was ridiculous today.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Honestly I had this game pegged as a toss-up, but I never would've guessed that it would be the one where they finally lead cover-to-cover :toot: Let's knock the Bears back down a peg next week!

Shangri-Law School posted:

:agreed:

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO
The Dolphins are who we thought they were.

8-8 here we come.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

that game was very strange between the batted ball that ended up in agholor's hands while he laid on the ground, Wentz throwing a ball to himself, the dropped interception that still landed in the other safety's hands, and like 15 batted passes. You might even say it was some silly boys ball or some type of other catchphrase about funny and un-good sports. Well, see you

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
This is the first totally dominating performance I can remember the Ravens putting up since an rear end kicking of the Raiders in 2012. I sincerely doubt they can stay at this level through the rest of the season but it's nice that it came against a quality opponent. Very hopeful that this means Flacco has turned the corner in his ACL recovery. Finally saw him stepping into some throws.

Still expect to get beat up by the Pats next week. Meek pass rush means Brady wins.

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

Oh, so that's why Brees was driving at the end of the game.

https://twitter.com/ESPNStatsInfo/status/805519808959836160

But he threw a pick. :laugh:

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
Lmao gently caress the Falcons

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
No coach is going to look good in this type of comparison but at least everyone else would have done it in less years:

https://twitter.com/RamsPodcast/status/805478762733125632/photo/1?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

e: Fisher and his $7 million salary ranks fourth behind only Sean Payton, Pete Carroll and Bill Belichick.

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

god damnit miami. i'm so pissed off that i'm listening to FOREIGNER.

solarjetman
Jan 27, 2001

Fun Shoe
Bortles gave the broncos the three turnovers everyone expected, which overshadows the fact that Lynch was terrible. He had two receivers open for TDs that he underthrew by multiple yards. He rarely threw at a second or third read. And even short passes were inaccurate with footwork bad enough for even me to notice. If Siemian's foot injury lingers they are in trouble, because they *cannot* beat the Titans, Pats, Chiefs or Raiders with Lynch.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Grittybeard posted:

No coach is going to look good in this type of comparison but at least everyone else would have done it in less years:

https://twitter.com/RamsPodcast/status/805478762733125632/photo/1?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

e: Fisher and his $7 million salary ranks fourth behind only Sean Payton, Pete Carroll and Bill Belichick.

I like how slightly hidden in there is the two years worth of games extra Belichick has played due to the playoff appearances

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Lmao Matt Ryan

How do Bort's pick6s compare to Schaub's

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Matthew Stafford, BITCH.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
https://twitter.com/uSTADIUM/status/805498894843002880?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

quote:

“The last time I came home midseason was to get treatment for cancer,” Berry said. “Now I’m here to play a game. I take pride in things a lot of people might take for granted. The little things, just being here and being able to play, being on this turf and have my family present, I went through so much so having them and my teammates support, it means a lot.”

My brain keeps insisting tying up as much money in a safety as Berry is going to get is a bad way to build a team. But gently caress off brain, just give him all the money.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
Berry is coming home to Tennessee

• Locked thread