Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

Jimson should vote Me if he was silenced.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Eight Dollars posted:

Hey here are my thoughts.

I'm having a hard time believing Jedit is scum rn. This is mainly because I really doubt that he'd shove himself into the forefront of the game (especially after a day and a night where we didn't learn anything) to cause all this disruption. Most scum don't do that imo, they'd prefer to not be someone who gets a lot of attention/possible night actions. And it's not as if his case is good either. It's all simply circumstantial evidence.

Assuming Jedit is scum we'd have to believe that he was willing to put himself at risk not saying anything D1 and that he was luckily targeted by a town silencer (which still to me sounds more like a scum role) or a scum silencer (targeting their own group for reasons?) who then decided to use a bad case on KB based on evidence only he could argue. I just can't see it y'all.

Well, remember that he would not necessarily have said anything on D1 regardless, so no extra risk. Also, scum targetting themselves with that kind of role is actually a decent strat, as I mentioned earlier. But you are disregarding the option of him just lying about it and there is no actual silencer.

Also, I'm not sure that he has done that much to draw attention to himself. He hasn't posted much at all. It is ME that is bringing attention to him. Most other people seem to not even want to talk much about it, so I'd say that if it wasn't for me, nothing he did would have drawn much notice.

He doesn't seem to recognize that his case is bad, so from his position, maybe that is a good case. And for meta reasons, I think he is scum for it, since he did the same thing last game I played with him.

If it's not Jedit or Me, who do you think is scum ED?

Eight Dollars posted:

Hey Jed and KB, outside of each other. Who else do you think are scumbos?

Second on my list right now is probably Poque. I'm also a tiny bit suss on Gulag. I have a tinfoil theory his scum claim was real and he's really scum with Jedit. :)

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Eight Dollars posted:

Hey Jed and KB, outside of each other. Who else do you think are scumbos?

I'm not sold on KB, actually, but I can easily be convinced. He was far too ready to hop down my throat.

Chaoslord is pinging me a bit, he feels lazy. His vote on Chores was a drive-by. He did say he was travelling though.

Kashuno I'm positive is Town. He could easily have claimed that Tobbs had confirmed I was lying, my flip wouldn't prove him wrong. If he's scum then he must be the Silencer, because otherwise flipping the Silencer would out him as well.

No other strong thoughts at this time.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Eight Dollars posted:

Also what happened to Jimson :goleft:

Yeah, he is the current lurking champion this game.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Jedit posted:

Kashuno I'm positive is Town. He could easily have claimed that Tobbs had confirmed I was lying, my flip wouldn't prove him wrong. If he's scum then he must be the Silencer, because otherwise flipping the Silencer would out him as well.
I feel like I missed something here.

(And I'm on mobile so checking is hard.)

Did Kash claim a role? Is this some kind of weird scumslip? Or is this just speculation? Because while I don't inherently object to inductive logic, it's really not reliable enough to call something 'certain'.

Jedit, you've been phrasing things really weirdly in a lot of ways and I don't follow the logic on a lot of your posts.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

To hell with it, Silencer thing aside, your logic feels strained and backwards, and I really don't like that you basically started casing KB supposedly because he was mean to you when you were scum.

##vote Jedit

Eight Dollars
Nov 14, 2012

Pretty pictures in small frames

King Burgundy posted:

Well, remember that he would not necessarily have said anything on D1 regardless, so no extra risk. Also, scum targetting themselves with that kind of role is actually a decent strat, as I mentioned earlier. But you are disregarding the option of him just lying about it and there is no actual silencer.

I'm not disregarding it. It's definitely a possibility for sure. But that would require him to, even after being called out before the game started, to set up a narrative where he was silenced from the beginning (the votes, the weird breadcrumb) and then D2 come out of nowhere with a claim that would obviously get attention and become a major talking point - especially with the way he did it. I just can't see a scum Jedit, or a scum anyone, thinking that was good idea. It would be a downright dumb decision!

quote:

Also, I'm not sure that he has done that much to draw attention to himself. He hasn't posted much at all. It is ME that is bringing attention to him. Most other people seem to not even want to talk much about it, so I'd say that if it wasn't for me, nothing he did would have drawn much notice.

He doesn't seem to recognize that his case is bad, so from his position, maybe that is a good case. And for meta reasons, I think he is scum for it, since he did the same thing last game I played with him.

Can you tell me what that last game was? I'll check it out since I don't really have the meta. But to address your first point, I just disagree, and maybe it's because I'm not the one being accused, but he came out of the game talking about this silencing and implying you did it (which ... ehhhhh) and that's obviously going to get people's attention – especially this early on what is basically a D1 because of the turbo. It's causing a defining conflict between you and him and people are actively talking about it and looking at it.

quote:

If it's not Jedit or Me, who do you think is scum ED?

I'm not sure, and that's why I was asking you guys your thoughts so we could avoid tunnel vision. I have ~bad vibes~ on Asiina and chaoslord and something is hitting my gut on PMush as well.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Eight Dollars posted:

Can you tell me what that last game was? I'll check it out since I don't really have the meta.

Sure. NES Accessory Mafia: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3798046&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=1

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Who's around?

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

chaoslord posted:

Who's around?

Sup?

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
hi chaoslord

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Just doin my read now and thought I'd see who is here so I know if I'm going to be posting into the void or if I should expect some responses.

preview: hi poque

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
i'm around, just watching last night's walking dead at my comp so i'm not really engaged in anything worthwhile.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

I just got off work. Been lurking all day.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Breaking this into a few posts for readability.

King Burgundy posted:

Have any opinions on scum today?

Ok so now I have an opinion on scum.

##vote pmush

Kashuno said this about you, KB, w/r/t Jedit's votecrumb

Kashuno posted:

I think his breadcrumb is fine and pointing out this weird bad faith work around as a possible different solution therefore he is lying seems bad.

And I agree with it 100%. After Jedit said he left a breadcrumb, it was easy to find and it's really not ambiguous at all. He thought you got him. He makes that painfully clear. Sure, maybe he could have done it another way, but given either a) him actually being silenced or b) him trying to construct something for a fake claim, what he did was perfectly fine.

My problem is that I have a town read on you KB. Plus you joined the alliance with me so I'm not going to turn on you just like that. BUT, PMush made a very similar "What could this mean????" comment. Twice.

Poison Mushroom posted:

Pegged you how? As scum? With the silence? Please explain.

Poison Mushroom posted:

I'd still very much like to know what Jedit meant by 'pegged'.

This could be me just applying my scum meta to others, but I lurk when town mostly out of "I don't like to post when I don't have anything to say." Especially because we as a community really don't like me tooing, but that's a whole 'nother talk. Obviously, I don't want to get lurker lynched, but when town it concerns me a lot less. As scum, I need to make sure I am not getting scrutinized for it. One of my strategies to jump up my post count is to ask questions like this. If you're just scrolling through, it looks fine, because oh hey they're just asking to find something out. But sit there and think about it. The context clues around the message tell us exactly what it means. This is just filler posting.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

So then I looked at the rest of PMush's posts.

Poison Mushroom posted:

Kashuno posted:

I have reason to believe that the silence mechanic is fake as well, but I am waiting for mod confirmation
If this is true, I'm probably voting Jedit today.

Poison Mushroom posted:

Jedit posted:

I feel like I missed something here.

(And I'm on mobile so checking is hard.)

Did Kash claim a role? Is this some kind of weird scumslip? Or is this just speculation? Because while I don't inherently object to inductive logic, it's really not reliable enough to call something 'certain'.

Jedit, you've been phrasing things really weirdly in a lot of ways and I don't follow the logic on a lot of your posts.

Here is PMush quoting kash saying he was waiting on a mod confirmation of a thing, and then going after Jedit for bringing that concept up in defense of Kash. PMush ends up voting Jedit in the next post. There hasn't been a lot going on in this game so forgetting it is strange. A town player seeing another player say "BTW I might know this is fake from the mod" is a lot less likely to forget about that point than a scum player setting it up for a possible future voting reason. Scum player isn't super invested in it because they already know Jedit's alignment.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Oh and this one too.

Poison Mushroom posted:

It's not enough for me to vote either way, because so much of it is pure speculation, but I'm probably going to be scrutinizing both of you a little more closely than I might otherwise.

What is the point of this post? "Hey guys, I'm going to be casing you two closely, so watch out!" Or, how it reads to me, "I don't know which way the pendulum will swing in this slapfight but I will be happy to jump on whoever is the loser"

Especially when PMush then goes on to vote Jedit with this post

Poison Mushroom posted:

To hell with it, Silencer thing aside, your logic feels strained and backwards, and I really don't like that you basically started casing KB supposedly because he was mean to you when you were scum.

##vote Jedit

Which is a real surface level vote. So much for closer scrutiny! :P Haha. Like, I agree, Jedit has not been playing a particularly logical game with some statements about KB. But the statements make the same little sense regardless of what alignment Jedit is. Normally when folks talk about about things not being logical, the implication is "this is not logical from a town standpoint, therefore scum." But most of what Jedit has said doesn't make any logical sense from a scum standpoint either because it just doesn't follow, period. It's stupid and like Jedit isn't super paying attention to anything, sure, but it doesn't come across (to me anyway) as scum logic twisting because it's just so painfully wrong.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I disagree about the last point because I do think Jedit is making a case in bad faith and I don't really see it as too scummy to be scum, but the rest of the case is good even without that. Would vote PMush.

I'm back at a computer now, but not at home until Wednesday, so should be better at posting and can maybe actually quote posts, but still might be absent for long periods of time until Wednesday night.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Eight Dollars posted:

I don't like this, and it may just be because Asiina's jumping in and out, but it goes way too quickly from "his argument doesn't make sense and is bad therefore scum" rather than "Jedit you're being dumb rn"

I saw this post earlier, I was voting immediately cause I don't know when deadlines are in this game (the last game I was in was 24 hour days) and didn't know when I'd get to post again, so wanted to get my vote in on someone I thought was scummy rather than have a back and forth about it.

I do think that arguments made in bad faith are scummy since scum have to make poo poo up, so yeah an argument not making sense is bad therefore scum, I stand by my logic. I may not have voted as quickly if I felt I had more time to write a whole lot about it, but I'm still happy with my vote.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

chaoslord posted:

Which is a real surface level vote. So much for closer scrutiny! :P Haha. Like, I agree, Jedit has not been playing a particularly logical game with some statements about KB. But the statements make the same little sense regardless of what alignment Jedit is. Normally when folks talk about about things not being logical, the implication is "this is not logical from a town standpoint, therefore scum." But most of what Jedit has said doesn't make any logical sense from a scum standpoint either because it just doesn't follow, period. It's stupid and like Jedit isn't super paying attention to anything, sure, but it doesn't come across (to me anyway) as scum logic twisting because it's just so painfully wrong.

I disagree because this is the same type of thing I saw from Jedit as scum. Is it possible this is his behavior regardless of alignment? I guess I can't rule it out. But I'm inclined to think it's scummy. I really don't think a person can honestly hold the beliefs he is claiming to have in this game. It's just lazy scum play.

---

On Pmush stuff, don't agree with all your points, such as the one above, but I can see why you think she's scum. I guess I'd think about it. I don't have any strong town thoughts on most players this game though, so I'd put her at that same level. Many folks seem to be just skating.

Eight Dollars
Nov 14, 2012

I'm done with watching The Big Lebowski with my bf (It was his first time watching it!) and am going to post things now.

Man this game had a lot of flavor arguments. Is this what you're talking about?

Asiina posted:

I saw this post earlier, I was voting immediately cause I don't know when deadlines are in this game (the last game I was in was 24 hour days) and didn't know when I'd get to post again, so wanted to get my vote in on someone I thought was scummy rather than have a back and forth about it.

I do think that arguments made in bad faith are scummy since scum have to make poo poo up, so yeah an argument not making sense is bad therefore scum, I stand by my logic. I may not have voted as quickly if I felt I had more time to write a whole lot about it, but I'm still happy with my vote.

To clarify, I'm not commenting on the speed on your vote, but I still don't agree with the results but :shrug:

I think this'll be the last time I talk about this but to me there's four options:

1. Jedit's scum, lying about being silenced and decided to do risk a two-day performance for reasons.
2. Jedit's scum, town silencer got him N0 and he wanted to make a deal about it.
3. Jedit's scum, worked with a scum silencer to do a long con, and basically is doing the same thing as #1 but it actually happening
4. Jedit's town, got zapped by scum/a joking townguy and made a bad case.

1 and 3 are pretty risky, especially for scum in a bloodbathy game, but I think they're more likely than 2 (I just can't see a townsperson getting the ability to shut someone up, setup spec as that is). The most likely to me is 4. Which option are you more leaning toward of the other 3 Asiina?

The chaoslord case on PMush is basically the feelings I've been getting.

Really hope Jimson shows up to at least vote maybe?

Eight Dollars
Nov 14, 2012

Oh howdy KB getting in a post while I was writing that.

Eight Dollars
Nov 14, 2012

I didn't realize the deadline was so close too dang

Eight Dollars
Nov 14, 2012

Everybody should post more and that includes me!

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

pro meta read: KB said he was gonna aim for two people before the game started: jedit and the dogman. then, jedit gets silenced and the dogman winds up dead. you connect the dots. and if jimson is silenced right now, then connect the dots again, backwards.

I feel like there's two scum left and they're all in asiina/pmush/jimson. maybe. probably.

King Burgundy posted:

I disagree because this is the same type of thing I saw from Jedit as scum. Is it possible this is his behavior regardless of alignment? I guess I can't rule it out. But I'm inclined to think it's scummy. I really don't think a person can honestly hold the beliefs he is claiming to have in this game. It's just lazy scum play.

Your tunneling of jedit is the only thing thats struck me as weird about you. what dishonest beliefs do you think he is faking?

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

Asiina posted:

This is the post I'm talking about. "inadvertently left you wide open to accusations." I don't even know what that means. Something KB said before the game started is making him look bad because...?

And are you accusing him or not. Like it's chastising KB for letting himself be called scummy without giving reason as to why what he did was scummy.

I will agree that that post is weird and I Dont know what it means

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Eight Dollars posted:

Man this game had a lot of flavor arguments. Is this what you're talking about?

Eh, I mean that fits, but no, I was thinking more along these lines: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3798046&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=32#post466758671 Everything revolving around that is an example of him holding beliefs that can't be real.

And this is an example of his name calling/aggression even right before the flip which proved him lying scum: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3798046&userid=182474&perpage=40&pagenumber=2#post466824847

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

jedit is mean in every game

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

GulagDolls posted:

pro meta read: KB said he was gonna aim for two people before the game started: jedit and the dogman. then, jedit gets silenced and the dogman winds up dead. you connect the dots. and if jimson is silenced right now, then connect the dots again, backwards.

I feel like there's two scum left and they're all in asiina/pmush/jimson. maybe. probably.

Your tunneling of jedit is the only thing thats struck me as weird about you. what dishonest beliefs do you think he is faking?

I guess if you are thinking someone is trying to frame me, that's kinda interesting. That would fit with why Jedit would be trying to sell this thing if the silencer isn't real like I believe. Part of a more elaborate plot to get revenge on me or something? Trippy.

Well if so, Jimson is lurking like mad, scum please kill him next if he's not on your team(or even if he his), I'm fine being blamed for it.

---

I've already said on the dishonest beliefs thing, but it was this post that really cemented it:

Jedit posted:

And yeah, KB, I did realise that you posted before roles went out after the fact, which is why I'm not voting you now I can do something other than vote. But until a Town Silencer is flipped, you must realise that you have been made to look bad - either because you are bad, or because your attempts to push me again have inadvertently left you wide open to accusations.

He's saying, from my point of view, "I realize the post I am trying to make you look bad with happened before the game started, but I accused you of it anyway and think you should look bad anyway but I can't explain why."

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

It's frustrating that we don't know if Jimson is silenced or just not participating, because I'd love that context for everything that's going on. I feel like if he was just idling, though, Tobbs might have replaced him by now, especially with Moat waiting in the wings to replace in. So for the time being, I'm going to operate on the assumption that Jedit is telling the truth, and is just abrasive. No idea what that means for KingB, though. Still not sure I understand why he was so certain that KingB in particular was the one who silenced him, unless he's just salty about their last game together and tunneling.

I'm trying to reread D1 and see if I can figure out who was being disingenuous about the Ecco gambit. Dick is dead, and Jimson is MIA, but chaoslord has been posting a lot building a case on me, but is still weirdly mum about sitting on a jokevote through a turbo.

chaoslord posted:

I do not feel bad for doubting that the turbo would happen :colbert:
This was the last post made about the turbo.

chaoslord posted:

Ok

##vote chores

When the turbo eventually peters out we should vote Gulag IMO
And this was the first. So far, the narrative is that chaos was just caught by surprise by the turbo. But before going to do RL things, chaos included this in their post.

chaoslord posted:

If we could just wrap up D1 tomorrow instead that would be great
So, chaos wanted us to bring someone down on the 3rd while he wasn't here, but was asking us to turbo. If that 'please hang someone tomorrow' was legitimate, wouldn't he be more pleasantly surprised? Especially since we hit scum. I'm not sure I am convinced that the logic totally matches up... unless he's trying not to tip his hand about not being thrilled that we turboed someone antitown.

##vote chaoslord

I'd also like to hear 8bux's feelings about why chaos pinged his gut on D1.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

King Burgundy posted:

I guess if you are thinking someone is trying to frame me, that's kinda interesting. That would fit with why Jedit would be trying to sell this thing if the silencer isn't real like I believe. Part of a more elaborate plot to get revenge on me or something? Trippy.

Well if so, Jimson is lurking like mad, scum please kill him next if he's not on your team(or even if he his), I'm fine being blamed for it.

---

I've already said on the dishonest beliefs thing, but it was this post that really cemented it:

He's saying, from my point of view, "I realize the post I am trying to make you look bad with happened before the game started, but I accused you of it anyway and think you should look bad anyway but I can't explain why."

No, I'm saying exactly what Gulag said. You called out two people as lurkers, and jokingly replied to one of them asking to be killed with an affirmative. One got forced to lurk, the one who asked to be killed was killed. You are being made to look very stupid, an assessment that is only being confirmed by your idea that I'm "out to get revenge" for a past game with some ridiculous plot that exposes me to scrutiny and the lynch. The only person playing meta here is you.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Poison Mushroom posted:

It's frustrating that we don't know if Jimson is silenced or just not participating, because I'd love that context for everything that's going on. I feel like if he was just idling, though, Tobbs might have replaced him by now, especially with Moat waiting in the wings to replace in. So for the time being, I'm going to operate on the assumption that Jedit is telling the truth, and is just abrasive. No idea what that means for KingB, though. Still not sure I understand why he was so certain that KingB in particular was the one who silenced him, unless he's just salty about their last game together and tunneling.

No, I just saw KB trying to recreate his own description of the meta because I didn't check the timestamps first. As above, though, I think somebody was trying to do it.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Jedit posted:

No, I just saw KB trying to recreate his own description of the meta because I didn't check the timestamps first. As above, though, I think somebody was trying to do it.
what

I understand even less now. Can you rephrase? I'm not sure if you're running on insane moon logic or I'm just misunderstanding everything you're saying.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Poison Mushroom posted:

what

I understand even less now. Can you rephrase? I'm not sure if you're running on insane moon logic or I'm just misunderstanding everything you're saying.

You're right, you're misunderstanding me. I haven't said anything Gulag didn't.

Think of it like this. Suppose I say before the roles are handed out, "If I'm scum I'm totally killing Poison Mushroom on N1". N1 comes around, you are killed and now people want to look at me.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Poison Mushroom posted:

but chaoslord has been posting a lot building a case on me, but is still weirdly mum about sitting on a jokevote through a turbo.

I don't understand this point at all. It was a turbo. I don't have an explanation about the vote past that and really don't expect I need one.

The rest of the post is the same kind of tortured logic. It is saying I am not thrilled that we lunched a scum because I am not jumping up and down for joy about it in posts. It's a really bad OMGUS case.

I voted for a turbo. Those usually fall apart. Knowing that, I jokingly floated the name of my rival from the Tobbs game that just ended as the alternative. I told everyone I was not going to be around Sunday and said it would be great if the thread basically moved the thread up to accommodate me as a joke. And then I defended the derail attempt Kash said I did even though it was not trying to derail it.

It's a real stretch to combine those points to "therefore scum."

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

Game's over, and fuck you Jimson. It's not my fault that you guys couldn't get your shit together by deadline. No one gets access to docs because I don't fucking care anymore, I hope you all enjoyed ruining my game, and there won't be another.
Whoops thought this game was still locked. Lemme do a quick read

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

Game's over, and fuck you Jimson. It's not my fault that you guys couldn't get your shit together by deadline. No one gets access to docs because I don't fucking care anymore, I hope you all enjoyed ruining my game, and there won't be another.
##vote Asiina

This ones the scum.

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

JimsonTheBetrayer posted:

##vote Asiina

This ones the scum.

Go back and look at Asiina's votes.
They never had a vote with out an excuse all ready to go to explain WHY they were making that vote. It wasn't just "oh because they pinged me as scum" it was abnormal poo poo like this

Asiina posted:

I have a few minutes at the airport. I would like the record to state that I didn't know there was a turbo and was voting chores because he said he was an SK and I wasn't going through that poo poo again. I wasn't really reading the thread, but voted based on that post.

Okay that's it.

Okay that one kinda works because asiina just voted chores with no read so that's a good justification but then Asiina has to go and defend the vote on jedit as well.

Asiina posted:

Really hammering it through defending the VOTE and not THE READ. Seems a lot like asiina is hedging their votes so they can point to these posts to justify why its totally okay they just voted out a town player.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Voting with a reason is scummy. Welcome to SA mafia.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

Asiina posted:

Voting with a reason is scummy. Welcome to SA mafia.

You weren't defending them being scum tho. U were defending your vote.

• Locked thread