Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

My busy work project wraps up today and I need to get revenge on Gulag so welp here I am

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

you won my game

:ssh:

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Kashuno posted:

Turbo chores pls

Ok

##vote chores

When the turbo eventually peters out we should vote Gulag IMO

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

I am driving to Dallas, watching wrestling, and driving home on deadline day so I won't be around. If we could just wrap up D1 tomorrow instead that would be great

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

I'm taking it as a personal slight from the mod that I was not given a killing role in Bloodbath Mafia

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Let's form a peaceful alliance :hfive:

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

KB do you want in on this peace loving alliance?

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Poque posted:

hmm, believable if you had said chaoslord maybe

I'm taking back all the good thoughts I had for you when the Cubs won :colbert:

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

King Burgundy posted:

If there is really a silencer role, these are the people who have yet to post today who could still be silenced I guess:

chaoslord
JimsonTheBetrayer

Not it

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Kashuno posted:

##vote chaoslord come out come out wherever you are trying to derail the chores lynch I slaved over

I do not feel bad for doubting that the turbo would happen :colbert:

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Kashuno posted:

Wow look how easy that was

##vote Jimson get out here bitchboy

I had already posted :confused:

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

King Burgundy posted:

Have any opinions on scum today?

Not particularly.

The Jedit claiming to be silenced is interesting. The timeline you presented makes a compelling case for why a silencer is unlikely but I can't imagine why someone who was specifically called out before game as a potential lurker would go "Well I'll just create a silenced fake claim and that will get everyone off my back." I get that it gives them an excuse but I don't get how anyone would think it's a believable claim. IIRC you pointed out the possibility of someone being around and turning in a N0 action during the time while Tobbs was handing roles out. As unlikely as it is, that's where I've landed on it now. Think Jedit is wrong to point the finger at you for it, though.

I like this quote you put against poque

King Burgundy posted:

I think so. But also, I'm not against setup spec, I'm just bothered by the conflict. You thinking setup spec is bad, without offering anything outside of that at the time. To me it looked like scum behavior where you were trying to find things to talk about without making alignment calls.

But I'm internally conflicted because poque has also listed me as a scum pick both days and I sometimes get huge OMGUS blinders. I'll need to give it more thought when I'm not also busy elsewhere.

I'll give you an actual scum read tonight, on my honor as chairman of the peace loving alliance (:rip: Dick)

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Who's around?

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Just doin my read now and thought I'd see who is here so I know if I'm going to be posting into the void or if I should expect some responses.

preview: hi poque

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Breaking this into a few posts for readability.

King Burgundy posted:

Have any opinions on scum today?

Ok so now I have an opinion on scum.

##vote pmush

Kashuno said this about you, KB, w/r/t Jedit's votecrumb

Kashuno posted:

I think his breadcrumb is fine and pointing out this weird bad faith work around as a possible different solution therefore he is lying seems bad.

And I agree with it 100%. After Jedit said he left a breadcrumb, it was easy to find and it's really not ambiguous at all. He thought you got him. He makes that painfully clear. Sure, maybe he could have done it another way, but given either a) him actually being silenced or b) him trying to construct something for a fake claim, what he did was perfectly fine.

My problem is that I have a town read on you KB. Plus you joined the alliance with me so I'm not going to turn on you just like that. BUT, PMush made a very similar "What could this mean????" comment. Twice.

Poison Mushroom posted:

Pegged you how? As scum? With the silence? Please explain.

Poison Mushroom posted:

I'd still very much like to know what Jedit meant by 'pegged'.

This could be me just applying my scum meta to others, but I lurk when town mostly out of "I don't like to post when I don't have anything to say." Especially because we as a community really don't like me tooing, but that's a whole 'nother talk. Obviously, I don't want to get lurker lynched, but when town it concerns me a lot less. As scum, I need to make sure I am not getting scrutinized for it. One of my strategies to jump up my post count is to ask questions like this. If you're just scrolling through, it looks fine, because oh hey they're just asking to find something out. But sit there and think about it. The context clues around the message tell us exactly what it means. This is just filler posting.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

So then I looked at the rest of PMush's posts.

Poison Mushroom posted:

Kashuno posted:

I have reason to believe that the silence mechanic is fake as well, but I am waiting for mod confirmation
If this is true, I'm probably voting Jedit today.

Poison Mushroom posted:

Jedit posted:

Kashuno I'm positive is Town. He could easily have claimed that Tobbs had confirmed I was lying, my flip wouldn't prove him wrong. If he's scum then he must be the Silencer, because otherwise flipping the Silencer would out him as well.

I feel like I missed something here.

(And I'm on mobile so checking is hard.)

Did Kash claim a role? Is this some kind of weird scumslip? Or is this just speculation? Because while I don't inherently object to inductive logic, it's really not reliable enough to call something 'certain'.

Jedit, you've been phrasing things really weirdly in a lot of ways and I don't follow the logic on a lot of your posts.

Here is PMush quoting kash saying he was waiting on a mod confirmation of a thing, and then going after Jedit for bringing that concept up in defense of Kash. PMush ends up voting Jedit in the next post. There hasn't been a lot going on in this game so forgetting it is strange. A town player seeing another player say "BTW I might know this is fake from the mod" is a lot less likely to forget about that point than a scum player setting it up for a possible future voting reason. Scum player isn't super invested in it because they already know Jedit's alignment.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Oh and this one too.

Poison Mushroom posted:

It's not enough for me to vote either way, because so much of it is pure speculation, but I'm probably going to be scrutinizing both of you a little more closely than I might otherwise.

What is the point of this post? "Hey guys, I'm going to be casing you two closely, so watch out!" Or, how it reads to me, "I don't know which way the pendulum will swing in this slapfight but I will be happy to jump on whoever is the loser"

Especially when PMush then goes on to vote Jedit with this post

Poison Mushroom posted:

To hell with it, Silencer thing aside, your logic feels strained and backwards, and I really don't like that you basically started casing KB supposedly because he was mean to you when you were scum.

##vote Jedit

Which is a real surface level vote. So much for closer scrutiny! :P Haha. Like, I agree, Jedit has not been playing a particularly logical game with some statements about KB. But the statements make the same little sense regardless of what alignment Jedit is. Normally when folks talk about about things not being logical, the implication is "this is not logical from a town standpoint, therefore scum." But most of what Jedit has said doesn't make any logical sense from a scum standpoint either because it just doesn't follow, period. It's stupid and like Jedit isn't super paying attention to anything, sure, but it doesn't come across (to me anyway) as scum logic twisting because it's just so painfully wrong.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Poison Mushroom posted:

but chaoslord has been posting a lot building a case on me, but is still weirdly mum about sitting on a jokevote through a turbo.

I don't understand this point at all. It was a turbo. I don't have an explanation about the vote past that and really don't expect I need one.

The rest of the post is the same kind of tortured logic. It is saying I am not thrilled that we lunched a scum because I am not jumping up and down for joy about it in posts. It's a really bad OMGUS case.

I voted for a turbo. Those usually fall apart. Knowing that, I jokingly floated the name of my rival from the Tobbs game that just ended as the alternative. I told everyone I was not going to be around Sunday and said it would be great if the thread basically moved the thread up to accommodate me as a joke. And then I defended the derail attempt Kash said I did even though it was not trying to derail it.

It's a real stretch to combine those points to "therefore scum."

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

JimsonTheBetrayer posted:

We'll see. We. Will... see...

This is something I believe and have said about asiina before during games where she is scum.

I would vote Jimson over this

Jimson: "Asiina isn't doing the thing"
Asiina: "You cut out the part of the post where I did"
Jimson: ":shrug: Still think you're scum"

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

I never cut it out? It's right there and if you read her post and think I cut something out then my point stands.

I misunderstood what Asiina meant. Let me do it again.

chaoslord posted:

I would vote Jimson over this

Jimson: "Asiina isn't doing the thing"
Asiina: "You ignored the part of the post where I did"
Jimson: ":shrug: Still think you're scum"

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

King Burgundy posted:

So confirmed no silence last night then. So at best, if Jedit isn't lying, then today they withheld or they only had 1 shot.

I think lying still.

On the "jedit isn't lying side", jailer could be in play. My action failed last night so theoretically we could have a silencer and jailer of opposing alignments that both targeted me.

Setup spec but follow me for a moment.

Gulag says silencer is a town role. Perhaps he is the town silencer. He decided to shut me up because I said I wanted to vote him due to prior game reasons. Scum jailed me because I claimed a non killing role, same reason I presume scum targeted DB for the kill.

:iiam:

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Jedit posted:

Nevertheless, even with DB claiming a non-lethal role I think it's a reach on chaoslord's part.

Very well could be wrong, but KB said that if you were telling the truth about being silenced it was either 1 shot or the silencer didn't act last night. I was just adding another possibility to the list using some information I had

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Kash's claim is certainly fun to come back to

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Kashuno posted:

That's the plan :sun:

It was definitely cool to see a bunch of posts about it but ultimately I think it's just a mess of WIFOM. Either scum were themselves or acting as someone else and parsing that out is just going to get people to argue in circles.

I would still like to lynch PMush today but am willing to settle on Jimson. Lets make it happen people :toot:

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

King Burgundy posted:

This is fair, but it should still be kept in mind, imho, for whoever you vote. Like you prefer Pmush, so when voting Pmush, which scum # do you think she is? :)

Eh, I don't think I know enough about PMush's posting to pick her out of a random wall of text. Generally a person would have to use very specific words or a lack of punctuation for me to really be able to take notice with that little to go on and at that point it goes back to the WIFOM of real or fake.

Honestly the most compelling thing from it is the lack of posting from scum3. I really do think it's most likely to be Asiina but then it's my "I hate the sheets app with a passion" versus her "no I would totally have used it to post in a scum doc" so that's not particularly useful as a read.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

CCKeane posted:

I was thinking Kash, but I think the doc claim greatly ameliorates this.

Gonna vote Kash for scum gambit of the year at the LYLOs if he is scum

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

I'd vote for Jedit but it will be a pragmatic "Jedit is going to be on the block every day, in lieu of being able to convince more people of my case I might as well get rid of a distraction" rather than "I think Jedit is scum"

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Pmush if Jimson comes back I presume they will actually vote you to put you at -1. Got a claim?

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Poison Mushroom posted:

Didn't wanna tip my hand in case I was right so I could shoot someone tonight. (Probably Poque, or maybe Asiina? I'd do a reread first.)

Why did I not make this list?

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

King Burgundy posted:

Since you are around, want to comment on what I asked for comments on? :)

Sure, let me catch up. I jumped to the end when I saw PMush posted since I figured it'd be a claim post and I wanted to make sure I had a chance to unvote or whatever if need be.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

King Burgundy posted:

I need other people to look at this and comment please.

I just don't see what you do. I'll admit I may be unable to see past my own ideas of this is the worst scum play I've ever seen if Jedit is really scum. Jedit is clearly playing an emotional game, not a logical one (see him saying you look suspicious for a pre game post). Perception is reality, so for someone playing like Jedit who I doubt is scouring your post history to case you, I am unsurprised he sees the game as "KB is only tunneling me." Most of your other player mentions, while plentiful, are fairly brief. In the shoes of someone who feels they are the target of most of your posts, those other posts can be drowned out in the wash.

I do not think Jedit makes a whole lot of sense but I can't see the world in which case a scum player spouts off so much nonsense. Reads more to me like a mad man rambling.

Like I said earlier, willing to vote but not for scum read reasons. Will happily eat crow if wrong.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Poison Mushroom posted:

Because regardless of how accurate or inaccurate you are, you make real posts. You're fun to play games with. That's true of pretty much everyone here. Jedit, meanwhile, can be very unpleasant to be in conversation with. (See: The board game thread.)

Remember, I was still mostly on shitpost mode when I made my choice, town/scum wasn't really a factor. It was pure hedonism, basically.

Sure, I get why you shot Jedit last night.

But why did I not make your "Who I would shoot tonight" list? You put Poque, a player who you have only tangentially interacted with, as probably, and then put Asiina as your second choice, who your read on them currently is "maybe lurker scum"

I just have a hard time seeing how I went from your best scum read to not in the top 2 anymore after you skimmed, and especially I'm not sure where those two names came from. Just feels like you forgot you were casing me, which I don't think a town vig who gets more vigs from shooting scum would forget.

But I also am starting to worry I am tunneling so someone else take a look at this please.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

:choco:

I don't know what this is, just seems appropriate

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

King Burgundy posted:

Chaos said he'd vote if need be to get closure on it one way or the other. So I think he'll hammer.

Yeah I'll hammer I am just giving people a chance to respond to my post so I have something to think about during night.

Or 8bux will, w/e

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Asiina posted:

I would vote you just for this post.

Oh no :negative:

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

chaoslord posted:

Sure, I get why you shot Jedit last night.

But why did I not make your "Who I would shoot tonight" list? You put Poque, a player who you have only tangentially interacted with, as probably, and then put Asiina as your second choice, who your read on them currently is "maybe lurker scum"

I just have a hard time seeing how I went from your best scum read to not in the top 2 anymore after you skimmed, and especially I'm not sure where those two names came from. Just feels like you forgot you were casing me, which I don't think a town vig who gets more vigs from shooting scum would forget.

But I also am starting to worry I am tunneling so someone else take a look at this please.

##vote Pmush

Was wrong about Jedit. I'm not wrong here.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Poison Mushroom posted:

Like, nothing else makes sense.

Sure, something does.

A fake claim.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Asiina posted:

Bloodbath mafia and no deaths at night.

Suing Tobbs for false advertising.

##vote PMush

:same:

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Poque posted:

i'm really not buying PMush as scum yall, unless she somehow had info on Jedit's role it was a claim that came out of nowhere but accurately matched up with Jedit's flip. scum vig in a game where they have 4/13 members (though one was not known) is crazy powerful especially since scum DID kill someone N1 according to Kash's scumdoc info.

What if

And follow me here for a second

She isn't a vig?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Kashuno posted:

I don't get what you're trying to say here

Also this. What about her claim and Jedits have anything to do with each other?

• Locked thread