Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Queering Wheel
Jun 18, 2011

Ico and SOTC are both in my top 5 games of all time, so of course I got this on day one. I've been playing for about two hours and I'm loving it so far. Trico is freaking adorable and I love feeding him those barrels :3:

Also, the environment is really interesting. The trailers really don't do justice to how utterly tall and massive the ancient city is. Everything looks gorgeous also.

So yeah, if you enjoyed Team Ico's first two games, get this one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Queering Wheel
Jun 18, 2011

Happy Blue Cow posted:

Finished it, thoroughly loved it, but I can also see why it's getting mixed reviews.

That entire last act though... :qq:

are there any notable changes/secrets in subsequent playthroughs/new game+ features? Is there some way to interact with all those blue-frame doors found throughout the game? or are those just enemy spawn closets that I didn't really pay enough attention to.

Apparently you get taken through those blue doors to a game over if an enemy holds onto you long enough. I never had that happen so I was wondering about them myself. I looked it up after I finished the game.

Queering Wheel
Jun 18, 2011

Shinjobi posted:

I am more excited to play this game than I am FFXV, but in both cases they've taken so long to come out that I'm gonna wait and see what the final judgments are for the games.

A long development process does not a good game make, regardless of track record.

It's really good. If you liked Ico and SotC you'll very likely enjoy this. I think it was worth the wait, that's just me though.

Queering Wheel
Jun 18, 2011

Ineffiable posted:

It doesn't. Sony confirmed it won't have any new colossi added.

And this is a remake, not a remaster. It's not the same assets just upscaled, it's literally new assets.

I'm hoping it's secretly because they want to do sotc 2 and use the unused colossi ideas.

I would be happy if they let you climb higher up in the temple and added some new, pretty-looking locations to the map.

• Locked thread