Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bacalou

:rip:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

joke_explainer

:cripes:

joke_explainer

just in case anyone is confused and thinking this is a call out post for the poster GODSPEED JOHN GLENN, no, john glenn died. :(

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

I put my thumb up my bum and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.

Yes, hello, here I am! It's me, BYOB Superstar GODSPEED JOHN GLENN here to say hello. Coincidentally enough, former astronaut and senator John Glenn(no relation) recently passed away. I wish there were some phrase that we could use to commemorate his passing. I've thought of several phrases such as, "See ya later, Johnny!" or "Adios Señor Glenn!" but nothing seems to be fitting enough. Ah well.

bacalou

bacalou

it is Likely that children in the near future will be born into a world where no living person has been to the moon

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

I put my thumb up my bum and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.

"Smell ya later, Senator Glenn!"

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN posted:

"Smell ya later, Senator Glenn!"

no, no. that's not right.

Urodov

Ãèáåëü â ìîðñêîé âîëíå,                                                                                                спасибо, Слагнойд-кун!
èëè ñâîáîäó

Lastgirl

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
god speed john glenn

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

Lastgirl posted:

god speed john glenn

yes, hello. thank you for saying hello, but we're really trying to find a fitting way to say farewell to my hero, astronaut and senator John Glenn

vanisher

bacalou posted:

it is Likely that children in the near future will be born into a world where no living person has been to the moon

I got mine in under the wire

Sig images courtesy of the talented Luvcow, Dumb Sex-Parrot, & Death Sext

myDad

ce n'est pas ma mère

god speed

sig by vanisher™®

Coolness Averted

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Macnult

I am thankful for everything John Glenn has done for the United States of America and also byob.

Scaly Haylie

stay safe space ghost

drilldo squirt

a beautiful, soft meat sack

----------------

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

Lizard Wizard posted:

stay safe space ghost

Barco Fiesta

a fantasy of olives

Lizard Wizard posted:

stay safe space ghost

google THIS

maybe we can wish the last john glenn travels at the greatest of speed, like even the speed of a celestial being of some sort. angel speed? doesn't quite seem fast enough for a man of his caliber.

bare bottom pancakes

Production: Complete

bare bottom pancakes

google THIS posted:

maybe we can wish the last john glenn travels at the greatest of speed, like even the speed of a celestial being of some sort. angel speed? doesn't quite seem fast enough for a man of his caliber.

ludicrous speed?

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

google THIS posted:

Technically, John Glenn's capsule, Friendship 7, achieved orbital insertion at a relative ground speed of 17,544 mph.

death sext

one final blast-off :911:

Mariana Horchata

John Glenn's capsule, Friendship 7

:cabot:

god's speed, john glenn

deep dish peat moss

I came back from my awesome life hanging out with supermodels to say Rest In Peace to one of my favorite forums posters John Glenn.

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

mods, pls rename BYOB as Friendship 7. thank you

deep dish peat moss

J'onn Gl'enn the Martian Paintbrusher

lmbo calrissian

i'm into fashion
men are my passion
GODSPEEDJOHNGLENN

lmbo calrissian

i'm into fashion
men are my passion
God speed john glenn, the frontman of godspeed you black emperor

lmbo calrissian

i'm into fashion
men are my passion

Mariana Horchata

mags

I am a congenital optimist.

paul_soccer12 posted:

everyone in the idf must die

(USER WAS PERMABANNED FOR THIS POST)
bare bottom pancakes

Im Ready for DEATH

ground control to colonel john

poverty goat

rip

drilldo squirt

a beautiful, soft meat sack

Cage is a good guy.

----------------

Piso Mojado

At age 69 nonetheless. Rip (rest in Pluto)

joke_explainer

the whole friendship-7 mission looks utterly terrifying looking back at it with modern standards of still-dangerous spaceflight... but like, shortly after he got going, they discovered that it appeared that his heat shield / landing bag may not actually be firmly attached to the spacecraft anymore, so that was certainly cause for concern, as he'd incinerate immediately hitting the atmosphere. he struggled with constantly rising suit temperature, and adjusted his suit to cool himself... only to find humidity alarms going off, because the condensation from the cooling on his suit. excess humidity meant controls might start short circuiting, so he had to balance humidity and overheating, which didn't seem easy. on re-entry he became concerned his heat shield was disintegrating, along with an extreme corkscrew on his way down that seemed like it might threaten his capability to prepare for landing. once clear and the chutes opened, he has to be reminded to deploy the landing bag manually (though he probably would have remembered!).

he got recovered by a navy boat and it was planned for him to leave through the upper hatch, but he decided it was too hot to attempt it, decided to blow the side hatch with the explosives bolts and told everyone to get out of the way. slamming the plunger down, he actually cut his knuckles through his glove, but got out that way. His first words off the capsule were, "It was hot in there."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Uxzuigal

Chill Berserker Dude

<3 <3 Vanisher

• Locked thread