Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fiend
Dec 2, 2001
Last night I was rear-ended by four guys I met on Craigslist. They seemed like safe drivers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

you irl posted:

i once did a 360 on an icy, empty back road, somehow didn't go off the road, and just kept on driving forward. it probably looked super cool except for all the piss running down my legs.

I did this a few years ago but there was actually a car coming in the other direction and I just kinda circle strafed around them without hitting anything or going off the road it was badass

Xtra Innings Lovin
Nov 11, 2016

I wrecked a few months ago and insurance wouldn't pay my claim now I'm paying a lot of money for a truck I cant drive. At least I'm not dead though. So I've got that going for me, which is nice.

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

well i guess i cracked my right 12th rib. it's just sore basically. im just mad this ruined my plans for my work christmas party tonight :(

Lawrence Gilchrist
Mar 31, 2010

At least you didn't get in a car on purpose

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR
i met a girl at a hotel halfway between us for my birthday and a heavy blizzard hit like 10 minutes before i got in my car

just kept driving because i know i get action about as often as any other gbs failure and i also did a full 360 on a highway in a half a foot of snow, never touched the brakes, just rode it out and kept driving without even leaving the road

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
I'm glad your wife finally got the ramming she always wanted.

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

Bip Roberts posted:

I'm glad your wife finally got the ramming she always wanted.

i definitely did not sign up for a hard ramming tho

ncumbered_by_idgits
Sep 20, 2008

ethical_rage posted:

December 1st of this year my brand new Ford F150 was parked at my girlfriends house on a public street. We were awoken at 1:00 in the morning to a loud crash. A drunk driver in a 97 Volkswagen Jetta ran straight into the back of my truck.

Totaled his vehicle, the front end was pushed all the way up to the windshield. Airbags deployed, he seemed to be ok. He was intoxicated enough that he thought my girlfriend and I were in the truck because he kept asking us if we were ok under heavily slurred speech. Cops arriving on the scene estimate he was going 45-50MPH which means he also ran a stop sign to reach those speeds. Pushed my truck forward 3 feet in the impact.

The good: He didn't get seriously injured and he has insurance.
The bad: He did 15,300 worth of damage in the initial estimate. He buckled the frame in two spots, however, it's still driveable. The truck will have to be taken off it's old frame and put onto a new frame. I'm going to have to pursue the insurance company for diminished value as it's a brand new $60,000 truck with 10,500 miles on it.
*is goon, *owns $60K truck

Seems a little fishy to me.

Kleen_TheRacistDog
Feb 17, 2014

Can't bust the Krust fuckman
www.skullmund.com

ncumbered_by_idgits posted:

*is goon, *owns $60K truck

Seems a little fishy to me.

I just can't believe that Ford F150s cost $60k. I thought they were made for "the workin' man." Yet they cost more than a Mercedes? lmao we should've allowed the American auto industry to fail.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
Luxury trucks are the funniest loving thing.

stump collector
May 28, 2007

Kleen_TheRowdyDog posted:

lmao we should've allowed the American auto industry to fail.

definitely

Flubby
Feb 28, 2006
Fun Shoe
I got hit by a truck once. Really wouldn't recommend it. Can't stand to be driving next to one now. I'm always afraid it will try to merge into my lane like the other one did without knowing I'm there. I either hang back or try to speed by them.

Actually, you know what, you see a truck, just drive off the road.

Flubby fucked around with this message at 23:57 on Dec 10, 2016

Punk da Bundo
Dec 29, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
a fully loaded f150 is 60 grand yes, thats top of the line tho

you can get one for 29k

one time a long time ago a drunk dude in a jeep hit my honda parked outside in the street. im not sure how fast he was going but it was a very loud bang, then he tried to drive off but he was too drunk and retarded cuz the police happened to be nearby

it basically wrecked the trunk, and the insurance company gave my dad a check to fix it. he did not fix it, he took an axle grinder and in typical eastern european fashion made a very ugly car. my dad made money because he probably spent 40 dollars on repair materials. you should have seen how ugly it was.

oh when i was 16 i didnt look when i turned left out of pizza hut and a really goony looking man in a small weird japanese car hit my truck on the driver side...im sorry goony man you didnt deserve that.

Three-Phase
Aug 5, 2006

by zen death robot
OP you weren't hit by DG:SW were you by any chance?

Did the driver run and throw stuff into a nearby dumpster, run off, and appear a half hour later in another truck?

EdwardSwifferhands
Apr 27, 2008

I will probably lick whatever you put in front of me.
So you regularly sit in the backseat of your own car?

Paper Diamonds
Sep 2, 2011

Kleen_TheRowdyDog posted:

I just can't believe that Ford F150s cost $60k. I thought they were made for "the workin' man." Yet they cost more than a Mercedes? lmao we should've allowed the American auto industry to fail.
You should meet a "working man" (or engineer/management types who like to think they're "working men") sometime. $60k trucks are common. Well until the point where you're the working man who has to get into your bosses $60k truck and bring your own shovel and reflective vest.

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.
Last winter I was driving my 4x4 Dodge to work at 5am and it was icy. I hit a frost heave and my suspension unloaded and I did a 45/50mph 180 and it was p crazy. Ended up partially off the road backwards hung up on the snow bank over an embankment. A guy with a bigger truck passed by and pulled me out. He was kinda surprised when I turned around and went the opposite way I was facing.

3 A.M. Radio
Nov 5, 2003

Workin' too hard can give me
A heart attACK-ACK-ACK-ACK-ACK-ACK!
You oughtta' know by now...

EX250 Type R posted:

Last winter I was driving my 4x4 Dodge to work at 5am and it was icy. I hit a frost heave and my suspension unloaded and I did a 45/50mph 180 and it was p crazy. Ended up partially off the road backwards hung up on the snow bank over an embankment. A guy with a bigger truck passed by and pulled me out. He was kinda surprised when I turned around and went the opposite way I was facing.

This reminded me of something.

A couple years ago I was driving home from work, and I was living kind of on the outskirts of town, in the woods. The road was completely iced over, so I was going pretty slow, and this giant pick up truck comes flying up behind me. He zooms right past (it wasn't even a passing area), and flies on by. I watched him get further and further away, and as he got to the end of the road, he had to make a right turn. It was dark out, so all I really saw was his headlights suddenly light up the trees, and then disappear. I got to the end of the road and pulled into my driveway, which was on the corner, and watched the dude struggle to get his truck out of the woods and up the hill that he had slid right down.

It felt good.

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

Snorkzilla posted:

So you regularly sit in the backseat of your own car?

there were 2 car seats and it was my wife's civic, and my coworker is much bigger than me so i was in the backseat for everyone's comfort

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

male passengers, amirite

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

they told me to take ibuprofen and acetaminophen together for the pain so i can take deep breaths but so far beer + weed is working pretty good

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YPp5mhl3C2c

op pls be safe (im glad u and urs are ok!)

Fiend posted:

Last night I was rear-ended by four guys I met on Craigslist. They seemed like safe drivers.

instead of sexy

Phyein
Jun 19, 2009

~Sucka Tried To Play Me
But You Never Paid Me, Never, Oh No You Didn't~
~Pay Back Is A Comin, You Will Be Runnin Forever~
If ur monot old i hope youre okay if ur old i hope you didnt neceasarily die but gently caress your car up enough to realize your a duckin idioti and should not nt be driving. gently caress you, and by the way

I didnt not no read this thread

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

Mariana Horchata posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YPp5mhl3C2c

op pls be safe (im glad u and urs are ok!)

thanx. im glad we just got hit by a small truck doing maybe 40km/h rather than being dropped from a height of 14m!

Yivgev
May 19, 2004

i brought my +1 ak-47

extra stout posted:

i met a girl at a hotel halfway between us for my birthday and a heavy blizzard hit like 10 minutes before i got in my car

just kept driving because i know i get action about as often as any other gbs failure and i also did a full 360 on a highway in a half a foot of snow, never touched the brakes, just rode it out and kept driving without even leaving the road

did you gently caress

revmoo
May 25, 2006

#basta

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

there were 2 car seats and it was my wife's civic, and my coworker is much bigger than me so i was in the backseat for everyone's comfort

Lol beta as gently caress.

you irl
Jan 22, 2014

revmoo posted:

Lol beta as gently caress.

cuck'd in he own civic

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug

Enfield posted:

i hit a deer on a motorcycle once. i broke my leg and now there's a steel rod in my pants

Why the hell was a deer riding a motorcycle? Had it escaped from a circus?

Three-Phase
Aug 5, 2006

by zen death robot

Phyein posted:

If ur monot old i hope youre okay if ur old i hope you didnt neceasarily die but gently caress your car up enough to realize your a duckin idioti and should not nt be driving. gently caress you, and by the way

What pills did you take Phyein this is important

Wickerman
Feb 26, 2007

Boom, mothafucka!
This is obviously not your car cause look at all the blood stains on that airbag op ur skum

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Xtra Innings Lovin posted:

I wrecked a few months ago and insurance wouldn't pay my claim now I'm paying a lot of money for a truck I cant drive. At least I'm not dead though. So I've got that going for me, which is nice.

How drunk were you?

myDad
Jan 20, 2010

ce n'est pas ma mère
College Slice
glad you're okay OP keep me posted

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
Side curtain airbags? What'd that sound like? How did glass get inside?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

I mean I only really remember a huge bang and light filling the interior of the car. I imagine on its own it sounds like a pop? I dunno haha

The back window shattered and some glass chips made it inside the car

• Locked thread