Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

My wife was driving me and a co worker to work last night, and while turning left on a green light she slipped on snow in the intersection and got stuck and a truck hit us in the back right door. It was pretty scary, both my kids were in the car and my 21 month old daughter was showered with glass which freaked her out. I didn't even have my seat belt on, something which I am normally quite adamant about always wearing, because it was stuck under a car seat and we were in a rush. Being wedged in between two car seats and being hit laterally helped keep me in place I think haha

We still went to work afterwards but man I am sore as gently caress. I'm going to see my doctor because I think I may have a broken rib

Anyway share some car crash stories here

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

Oh yeah some pics

https://imgur.com/gallery/WQPH7

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

Enfield posted:

i hit a deer on a motorcycle once. i broke my leg and now theres a steel rod in my pants

i probably won't need a steel rod or anything but ive always had one in my pants

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

penus penus penus posted:

why was your wife driving you, a "coworker", and your two kids, to work, in the dark?

?

tell us the whole story

where are the drugs

my wife was going to stay at her moms after she dropped us off at work. and i work 9pm-5am. we actually had weed in the car because we had just bought some for my Christmas party this weekend haha. but because there were so many accidents last night (first real snowfall of the season) the cops
didn't get there for like 3 hours so we just went to work while my wife stuck around. my wife's aunt was actually in the mcdonalds across the street so she took our kids to her house while my wife waited

during the whole process i learned that my insurance company is terribly unhelpful and unreliable and will be switching asap

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

Chief McHeath posted:

Maybe you shouldn't let a woman drive with the kids in the car?

Or maybe the kids were the real accidents, and you're trying to find a way to get rid of them without murdering them, in which case good thinking to put them in a 4000 pound missile with a bitch at the controls.

i actually feel really bad for my wife because this is her first (and mine actually) car accident, and as an asian woman she has been the butt of many jokes. she's actually a very good and experienced driver, she was just mostly unlucky

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

Thin Privilege posted:

A guy I know got hit by some psycho lady who blew through a red light at 60 mph and he got a ticket for it :psyduck:

the funniest part for me is after all was said and done, the cops are like "here's a $100 ticket, be a little more cautious next time". Seems surreal, after what felt like such a traumatic event

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

well i guess i cracked my right 12th rib. it's just sore basically. im just mad this ruined my plans for my work christmas party tonight :(

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

Bip Roberts posted:

I'm glad your wife finally got the ramming she always wanted.

i definitely did not sign up for a hard ramming tho

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

Snorkzilla posted:

So you regularly sit in the backseat of your own car?

there were 2 car seats and it was my wife's civic, and my coworker is much bigger than me so i was in the backseat for everyone's comfort

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

they told me to take ibuprofen and acetaminophen together for the pain so i can take deep breaths but so far beer + weed is working pretty good

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

Mariana Horchata posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YPp5mhl3C2c

op pls be safe (im glad u and urs are ok!)

thanx. im glad we just got hit by a small truck doing maybe 40km/h rather than being dropped from a height of 14m!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

I mean I only really remember a huge bang and light filling the interior of the car. I imagine on its own it sounds like a pop? I dunno haha

The back window shattered and some glass chips made it inside the car

• Locked thread