Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
3 A.M. Radio
Nov 5, 2003

Workin' too hard can give me
A heart attACK-ACK-ACK-ACK-ACK-ACK!
You oughtta' know by now...
I've been involved in several car accidents, but the worst happened when I was 19.

I was heading home from college, and a friend of mine was driving. It was winter time, and we were driving along Lake Erie. He was doing the speed limit, but it was still too fast and he started to fishtail. He tried to get it under control, but there was a car heading towards as, so he basically had to choose between hitting the car or the ditch, so he chose the ditch.

We rolled a couple of times. All I really remember is opening my eyes for a second, and seeing white outside the front window. The car ended up stopping on it's left side, angled with the rear end end pointing in the air.

I had my seat belt on so I was kind of hanging in my seat, but my friend wasn't wearing one. He was laying against the window and blood was pooling around his head. I yelled his name but he didn't respond, so I gently patted his arm. I didn't want move him too much, but I was starting to freak out because I thought he might actually be dead.

I screamed his name, and he kind of sat up, completely out of it. He looked at me, and I said, "This is why you wear seatbelts, rear end in a top hat."

Then we tried getting out, but the door was too heavy to lift. I considered trying to kick out the windshield, but then we heard a voice asking us if we needed help. He came and held the door open while I pushed my friend up and out of the car. Then I had to climb out, which was a real pain in the rear end.

We went and saw the car a few days later. His blood was still frozen to the driver side window.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

3 A.M. Radio
Nov 5, 2003

Workin' too hard can give me
A heart attACK-ACK-ACK-ACK-ACK-ACK!
You oughtta' know by now...

EX250 Type R posted:

Last winter I was driving my 4x4 Dodge to work at 5am and it was icy. I hit a frost heave and my suspension unloaded and I did a 45/50mph 180 and it was p crazy. Ended up partially off the road backwards hung up on the snow bank over an embankment. A guy with a bigger truck passed by and pulled me out. He was kinda surprised when I turned around and went the opposite way I was facing.

This reminded me of something.

A couple years ago I was driving home from work, and I was living kind of on the outskirts of town, in the woods. The road was completely iced over, so I was going pretty slow, and this giant pick up truck comes flying up behind me. He zooms right past (it wasn't even a passing area), and flies on by. I watched him get further and further away, and as he got to the end of the road, he had to make a right turn. It was dark out, so all I really saw was his headlights suddenly light up the trees, and then disappear. I got to the end of the road and pulled into my driveway, which was on the corner, and watched the dude struggle to get his truck out of the woods and up the hill that he had slid right down.

It felt good.

• Locked thread