Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hyped
Jan 28, 2004
December 1st of this year my brand new Ford F150 was parked at my girlfriends house on a public street. We were awoken at 1:00 in the morning to a loud crash. A drunk driver in a 97 Volkswagen Jetta ran straight into the back of my truck.

Totaled his vehicle, the front end was pushed all the way up to the windshield. Airbags deployed, he seemed to be ok. He was intoxicated enough that he thought my girlfriend and I were in the truck because he kept asking us if we were ok under heavily slurred speech. Cops arriving on the scene estimate he was going 45-50MPH which means he also ran a stop sign to reach those speeds. Pushed my truck forward 3 feet in the impact.

The good: He didn't get seriously injured and he has insurance.
The bad: He did 15,300 worth of damage in the initial estimate. He buckled the frame in two spots, however, it's still driveable. The truck will have to be taken off it's old frame and put onto a new frame. I'm going to have to pursue the insurance company for diminished value as it's a brand new $60,000 truck with 10,500 miles on it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread