Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Twilkitri
Feb 23, 2013
I had Jungle Strike for the Game Boy; from what I know it's fairly janky compared to the home console versions. I don't recall copilots having any obvious effect on your shooting, the hovercraft can't run into things fast enough to make them explode (not that that's a particularly bad change), I don't think enemy helicopters ever actually moved, killing tower sentries wasn't a thing and you had to destroy each tower completely to get rid of them...

The main thing which stands out in my memory is that the first level was one of the hardest ones in the game, although I don't remember what was particularly difficult about it offhand, and then most of the rest of the game is much easier - the following level (the hovercraft one) in particular being the easiest level in the game. (Helped by things like the enemy submarines not moving and not actually being able to attack.) Took me forever to beat the first level, then pretty much blasted through the rest of the game without many issues - until the final level, which has that terrible mission where you need to kill a whole bunch of enemies spread out across the map and you don't have any information on where they are.

The night level was also fairly difficult until I found out that one of the later missions, which revealed the locations of fuel/ammo/etc, was available from the start of the level.

We had a demo of Desert Strike for PC, which I tried to play a few times but I was terrible at it so I never ended up beating it. Never got the chance to play any of the entries following Jungle Strike.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread