Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Top told me to get a haircut today, I told him it's "Please get a haircut, sir" :chord:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
Nice threads, sir

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

ASAPI
Apr 20, 2007
I invented the line.

Since this thread is for officers, will you first ask the nearest enlisted what to post before you actually type it out?

Or is this just a grab at some vague "moral booster" OER bullet?

Helldump Immunity
Sep 11, 2001

pretty much rollin with the dad farm these days
Enlisted smell funny.

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
smdftb sir

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Helldump Immunity
Sep 11, 2001

SECURITY

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Mike-o posted:

smdftb sir

Three months extra duty

Ceiling fan
Dec 26, 2003

I really like ceilings.
Dead Man’s Band
You aren't allowed to force me to pay dues for this thread.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
THE PUSH-UP EVENT MEASURES THE ENDURANCE OF THE CHEST, SHOULDER, AND TRICEPS MUSCLES. ON THE COMMAND 'GET SET,' ASSUME THE FRONT-LEANING REST POSITION BY PLACING YOUR HANDS WHERE THEY ARE COMFORTABLE FOR YOU. YOUR FEET MAY BE TOGETHER OR UP TO 12 INCHES APART. WHEN VIEWED FROM THE SIDE, YOUR BODY SHOULD FORM A GENERALLY STRAIGHT LINE FROM YOUR SHOULDERS TO YOUR ANKLES. ON THE COMMAND 'GO,' BEGIN THE PUSH-UP BY BENDING YOUR ELBOWS AND LOWERING YOUR ENTIRE BODY AS A SINGLE UNIT UNTIL YOUR UPPER ARMS ARE AT LEAST PARALLEL TO THE GROUND. THEN, RETURN TO THE STARTING POSITION BY RAISING YOUR ENTIRE BODY UNTIL YOUR ARMS ARE FULLY EXTENDED. YOUR BODY MUST REMAIN RIGID IN A GENERALLY STRAIGHT LINE AND MOVE AS A UNIT WHILE PERFORMING EACH REPETITION. AT THE END OF EACH REPETITION, THE SCORER WILL STATE THE NUMBER OF REPETITIONS YOU HAVE COMPLETED CORRECTLY. IF YOU FAIL TO KEEP YOUR BODY GENERALLY STRAIGHT, TO LOWER YOUR WHOLE BODY UNTIL YOUR UPPER ARMS ARE AT LEAST PARALLEL TO THE GROUND, OR TO EXTEND YOUR ARMS COMPLETELY, THAT REPETITION WILL NOT COUNT, AND THE SCORER WILL REPEAT THE NUMBER OF THE LAST CORRECTLY PERFORMED REPETITION.

IF YOU FAIL TO PERFORM THE FIRST TEN PUSH-UPS CORRECTLY, THE SCORER WILL TELL YOU TO GO TO YOUR KNEES AND WILL EXPLAIN TO YOU WHAT YOUR MISTAKES ARE. YOU WILL THEN BE SENT TO THE END OF THE LINE TO BE RETESTED. AFTER THE FIRST 10 PUSH-UPS HAVE BEEN PERFORMED AND COUNTED, HOWEVER, NO RESTARTS ARE ALLOWED. THE TEST WILL CONTINUE, AND ANY INCORRECTLY PERFORMED PUSH-UPS WILL NOT BE COUNTED. AN ALTERED, FRONT-LEANING REST POSITION IS THE ONLY AUTHORIZED REST POSITION. THAT IS, YOU MAY SAG IN THE MIDDLE OR FLEX YOUR BACK. WHEN FLEXING YOUR BACK, YOU MAY BEND YOUR KNEES, BUT NOT TO SUCH AN EXTENT THAT YOU ARE SUPPORTING MOST OF YOUR BODY WEIGHT WITH YOUR LEGS. IF THIS OCCURS, YOUR PERFORMANCE WILL BE TERMINATED. YOU MUST RETURN TO, AND PAUSE IN, THE CORRECT STARTING POSITION BEFORE CONTINUING. IF YOU REST ON THE GROUND OR RAISE EITHER HAND OR FOOT FROM THE GROUND, YOUR PERFORMANCE WILL BE TERMINATED. YOU MAY REPOSITION YOUR HANDS AND/OR FEET DURING THE EVENT AS LONG AS THEY REMAIN IN CONTACT WITH THE GROUND AT ALL TIMES. CORRECT PERFORMANCE IS IMPORTANT. YOU WILL HAVE TWO MINUTES IN WHICH TO DO AS MANY PUSH-UPS AS YOU CAN. WATCH THIS DEMONSTRATION.

ASAPI
Apr 20, 2007
I invented the line.

Naked Bear posted:

THE PUSH-UP EVENT MEASURES THE ENDURANCE OF THE CHEST, SHOULDER, AND TRICEPS MUSCLES. ON THE COMMAND 'GET SET,' ASSUME THE FRONT-LEANING REST POSITION BY PLACING YOUR HANDS WHERE THEY ARE COMFORTABLE FOR YOU. YOUR FEET MAY BE TOGETHER OR UP TO 12 INCHES APART. WHEN VIEWED FROM THE SIDE, YOUR BODY SHOULD FORM A GENERALLY STRAIGHT LINE FROM YOUR SHOULDERS TO YOUR ANKLES. ON THE COMMAND 'GO,' BEGIN THE PUSH-UP BY BENDING YOUR ELBOWS AND LOWERING YOUR ENTIRE BODY AS A SINGLE UNIT UNTIL YOUR UPPER ARMS ARE AT LEAST PARALLEL TO THE GROUND. THEN, RETURN TO THE STARTING POSITION BY RAISING YOUR ENTIRE BODY UNTIL YOUR ARMS ARE FULLY EXTENDED. YOUR BODY MUST REMAIN RIGID IN A GENERALLY STRAIGHT LINE AND MOVE AS A UNIT WHILE PERFORMING EACH REPETITION. AT THE END OF EACH REPETITION, THE SCORER WILL STATE THE NUMBER OF REPETITIONS YOU HAVE COMPLETED CORRECTLY. IF YOU FAIL TO KEEP YOUR BODY GENERALLY STRAIGHT, TO LOWER YOUR WHOLE BODY UNTIL YOUR UPPER ARMS ARE AT LEAST PARALLEL TO THE GROUND, OR TO EXTEND YOUR ARMS COMPLETELY, THAT REPETITION WILL NOT COUNT, AND THE SCORER WILL REPEAT THE NUMBER OF THE LAST CORRECTLY PERFORMED REPETITION.

IF YOU FAIL TO PERFORM THE FIRST TEN PUSH-UPS CORRECTLY, THE SCORER WILL TELL YOU TO GO TO YOUR KNEES AND WILL EXPLAIN TO YOU WHAT YOUR MISTAKES ARE. YOU WILL THEN BE SENT TO THE END OF THE LINE TO BE RETESTED. AFTER THE FIRST 10 PUSH-UPS HAVE BEEN PERFORMED AND COUNTED, HOWEVER, NO RESTARTS ARE ALLOWED. THE TEST WILL CONTINUE, AND ANY INCORRECTLY PERFORMED PUSH-UPS WILL NOT BE COUNTED. AN ALTERED, FRONT-LEANING REST POSITION IS THE ONLY AUTHORIZED REST POSITION. THAT IS, YOU MAY SAG IN THE MIDDLE OR FLEX YOUR BACK. WHEN FLEXING YOUR BACK, YOU MAY BEND YOUR KNEES, BUT NOT TO SUCH AN EXTENT THAT YOU ARE SUPPORTING MOST OF YOUR BODY WEIGHT WITH YOUR LEGS. IF THIS OCCURS, YOUR PERFORMANCE WILL BE TERMINATED. YOU MUST RETURN TO, AND PAUSE IN, THE CORRECT STARTING POSITION BEFORE CONTINUING. IF YOU REST ON THE GROUND OR RAISE EITHER HAND OR FOOT FROM THE GROUND, YOUR PERFORMANCE WILL BE TERMINATED. YOU MAY REPOSITION YOUR HANDS AND/OR FEET DURING THE EVENT AS LONG AS THEY REMAIN IN CONTACT WITH THE GROUND AT ALL TIMES. CORRECT PERFORMANCE IS IMPORTANT. YOU WILL HAVE TWO MINUTES IN WHICH TO DO AS MANY PUSH-UPS AS YOU CAN. WATCH THIS DEMONSTRATION.

Well said "sir"...

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
THANKS FOR UR SERVICE

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

ASAPI posted:

Well said "sir"...
I'm not a "sir;" I work for a living. :colbert:

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones
I may be saying 'sir' but I'm pronouncing it c-u-r

Oh and thank you for your cervix

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

aren't all of your MPs...enlisted

sir

Helldump Immunity
Sep 11, 2001

redneck nazgul posted:

aren't all of your MPs...enlisted

sir

We use DoD cops :smug:

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

ZERO

ZERO

ZERO

TERMINATED

Bob A Feet
Aug 10, 2005
Dear diary, I got another erection today at work. SO embarrassing, but kinda hot. The CO asked me to fix up his dress uniform. I had stayed late at work to move his badges 1/8" to the left and pointed it out this morning. 1SG spanked me while the CO watched, once they caught it. Tomorrow I get to start all over again...
Best thread in gip

ASAPI
Apr 20, 2007
I invented the line.

Helldump Immunity posted:

We use DoD cops :smug:

Uh oh.... Those are the guys that will dump 1000 rounds into a van if it doesn't stop. Better watch out guys...

Who am I kidding, you won't fill out the paperwork involved.

Helldump Immunity
Sep 11, 2001

They always look really gassy

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.
Enlisted first offense is a six hour

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

ASAPI posted:

Uh oh.... Those are the guys that will dump 1000 rounds into a van if it doesn't stop. Better watch out guys...

Who am I kidding, you won't fill out the paperwork involved.

That's what enlisteds are for.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

ASAPI posted:

Since this thread is for officers, will you first ask the nearest enlisted what to post before you actually type it out?

Or is this just a grab at some vague "moral booster" OER bullet?

Trick question. Enlisteds don't know how to write.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

I mean really, why would you volunteer to get less money and not get to boss people around from the get go? Lunacy.

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

All enlisted are encouraged to vote '5'

We are legally prevented from ordering you to vote this thread a '5'

But...go ahead, see what happens

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

I think people who want to post in the enlisted thread need a safety brief first.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Zeris posted:

Commander's discretion.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Zeris posted:

What can you do? I'll just go to IG

Helldump Immunity
Sep 11, 2001

Welp just pinned on 1Lt time for a BMW M3.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

CO says I'm not allowed to call for fire anymore. Come on, it's not like those guys were permanently injured or anything. One page LOD and a week in the hospital, tops.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Pesticide20 posted:

What can you do? I'll just go to IG

:lol:

I eiffel towered a chick with the IG back in college.

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Godholio posted:

:lol:

I eiffel towered a chick with the IG back in college.

:ironicat:

overdesigned
Apr 10, 2003

We are compassion...
Lipstick Apathy
Finally a place where I can complain about how hard it is getting paid to fly airplanes for a living for eight hours a month.

And there's no eiffel towering either.

Helldump Immunity
Sep 11, 2001

I smoked pot with IG

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit
I am the IG

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Zeris posted:

*hits 1 multiple times*

you are not in my chain of command

Bob A Feet
Aug 10, 2005
Dear diary, I got another erection today at work. SO embarrassing, but kinda hot. The CO asked me to fix up his dress uniform. I had stayed late at work to move his badges 1/8" to the left and pointed it out this morning. 1SG spanked me while the CO watched, once they caught it. Tomorrow I get to start all over again...

overdesigned posted:

Finally a place where I can complain about how hard it is getting paid to fly airplanes for a living for eight hours a month.

And there's no eiffel towering either.

I get paid to fly almost zero hours a month.

Welcome to USMC aviation

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Helldump Immunity posted:

I smoked pot with IG

Billy and I actually used to smoke cigars and drink beers in garages with a current IG. He's also the guy who spotted an AWO (who lived next door) literally throwing a neighborhood cat in the air higher than his house. Edit: And he's the guy who had the haunted room at the Warrior Inn at Nellis.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

ElMaligno posted:

*hits 1 multiple times*

you are not in my chain of command

Six year contract, you're enlisted as gently caress

Whip Slagcheek
Sep 21, 2008

Finally
The Gasoline And Dynamite
Will Light The Sky
For The Night