Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
Anywhere along the benches is fine, as is Morgan County. The plebs can't afford to live there. Avoid the rest of Layton and all of Clearfield.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.

joat mon posted:

Assuming you are unmarried, the CO is married and has three daughters in the house, one (22) in college, and two in high school (18 and 15) how many calling cards do you leave?

If you do your job right, you don't need to leave any calling cards

Bob A Feet
Aug 10, 2005
Dear diary, I got another erection today at work. SO embarrassing, but kinda hot. The CO asked me to fix up his dress uniform. I had stayed late at work to move his badges 1/8" to the left and pointed it out this morning. 1SG spanked me while the CO watched, once they caught it. Tomorrow I get to start all over again...
How many duis you assholes gonna have to deal with tomorrow

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Is this where you guys talk about what for-profit school to get a masters in homeland security from?

Evil SpongeBob
Dec 1, 2005

Not the other one, couldn't stand the other one. Nope nope nope. Here, enjoy this bird.
Nope, nobles get college paid for them. I got a bs and ma while I collect a paycheck. My agency has also paid for 2/3 of my MBA.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
How appropriate.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Evil SpongeBob posted:

Nope, nobles get college paid for them.

This is usually not true, unless you're talking about the same TA everybody gets (when it's funded).

overdesigned
Apr 10, 2003

We are compassion...
Lipstick Apathy
Or you to to the academy. *spit*

Evil SpongeBob
Dec 1, 2005

Not the other one, couldn't stand the other one. Nope nope nope. Here, enjoy this bird.
Academy, yeah. Monterrey as a gs. Pay plus per diem.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Academy scum have to sit at the kiddie table.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Doesn't green-to-gold still exist?

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Those kinds of programs come and go based on whether regular accessions (via academies and ROTC, primarily) are meeting the needs of the service, and whether they're in a drawdown or not. There's also the option of just curtailing the number of people accepted into the program, to fine-tune the final numbers. That's usually how programs like green-to-gold and OTS/OCS are used. Beefing up the service? Open the floodgates and take anybody with a pulse and an IQ of 80. In a drawdown? Single-digit selection rate.

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

The lieutenant at arms is back on duty. Enlisted beware if you didn't come in here to clean up.

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

All nobles must hang.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
Lietenants are just privates but without any of the training.

FIDEL CASHFLOW
Oct 13, 2009
girlfriend is going to commission sometime in the next year or so

that basically makes me a lt

salute me, enlisted scum

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Sensing session results are in:

5.0: Kaliber
5.0: Terrible Robot
5.0: pkells
5.0: Syrian Lannister
5.0: Mortabis
5.0: Woof Blitzer
5.0: EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS
5.0: Bernard McFacknutah
5.0: Zeris
1.0: Mike-o
1.0: DownByTheWooter
1.0: Flikken
1.0: cmdrpinky
1.0: ASAPI
1.0: ElMaligno
1.0: Naked Bear
1.0: Steezo
1.0: Pesticide20
1.0: McNally
1.0: Bolow
1.0: maffew buildings
1.0: Kung Fu Fist gently caress

Looks like top is going to need some extra bodies for CQ this weekend.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
I'm sorry that I couldn't rate it lower

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Am I supposed to vote 5 so leadership can claim success, or vote 1 so leadership can ignore the results and claim success?

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
HANG ALL NOBLES, #RESIST

piL
Sep 20, 2007
(__|\\\\)
Taco Defender

Godholio posted:

Am I supposed to vote 5 so leadership can claim success, or vote 1 so leadership can ignore the results and claim success?

Vote 1 but reference a post number requesting assistance from an outside activity to improve post quality. Self assessment is key. Make sure you check every day, if there's any errors or inconsistencies , your vote will get kicked back by leadership and if you miss the four day window, that's points. Losing points makes green boxes yellow. Leadership hates yellow.

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

piL posted:

Vote 1 but reference a post number requesting assistance from an outside activity to improve post quality. Self assessment is key. Make sure you check every day, if there's any errors or inconsistencies , your vote will get kicked back by leadership and if you miss the four day window, that's points. Losing points makes green boxes yellow. Leadership hates yellow.

I'm almost there

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ussCHoQttyQ

BUG JUG
Feb 17, 2005

Not an officer but have Dr. in front of my name and many letters after it. Mind if I chill here?

Ceiling fan
Dec 26, 2003

I really like ceilings.
Dead Man’s Band
A civilian doctor? Hell yeah you can stay. You can give someone an IV in case they get alcohol poisoning. Oh, and by the way, it would really help me out if you can write up a prescription for my shin splints. It doesn't matter if you pop dirty on a piss test if you have a prescription.

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

M.D or PhD............

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

If some of those letters are MFA :frogout:

MaxPowers
Dec 29, 2004
Im gunna sneak into this clubhouse and steal booze and when I get caught Im going to just feign that being an NCO makes me equal to an officer since it says officer in NCO.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

This place just hasn't been the same since they turned it from an officer's club into a normal community center.

TheArmorOfContempt
Nov 29, 2012

Did I ever tell you my favorite color was blue?
Back in Lejeune for a week at an annual training planning conference pretending to be a real Officer.

Hotel internet is to lovely to complete my weekly EWS assignment, which is really getting played up as a requirement to pick up Major.

ManMythLegend
Aug 18, 2003

I don't believe in anything, I'm just here for the violence.

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

If some of those letters are MFA :frogout:

Bob A Feet
Aug 10, 2005
Dear diary, I got another erection today at work. SO embarrassing, but kinda hot. The CO asked me to fix up his dress uniform. I had stayed late at work to move his badges 1/8" to the left and pointed it out this morning. 1SG spanked me while the CO watched, once they caught it. Tomorrow I get to start all over again...

Uroboros posted:

Back in Lejeune for a week at an annual training planning conference pretending to be a real Officer.

Hotel internet is to lovely to complete my weekly EWS assignment, which is really getting played up as a requirement to pick up Major.

63 or 64?

TheArmorOfContempt
Nov 29, 2012

Did I ever tell you my favorite color was blue?
63. Really hard to muster the give a gently caress, going to tackle it tomorrow and accept my late scores.

BUG JUG
Feb 17, 2005

PhD. :( No IVs from me but I can talk about why this whole mess we are in is really the fault of the Stuarts.

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

It's all good bruh, I too wish to strive for a philosophical doctorate rather than a medical doctorate....

BUG JUG
Feb 17, 2005

MurderBot posted:

It's all good bruh, I too wish to strive for a philosophical doctorate rather than a medical doctorate....

Getting a PhD a worse idea than enlisting. Unless the govt paying for it and you have a job lined up.

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

BUG JUG posted:

Getting a PhD a worse idea than enlisting. Unless the govt paying for it and you have a job lined up.

Work will pay 75% of the degree and it'll give me access to a lot of the higher end jobs that get me a secretary.

I did a year of PhD schooling but the program was atrocious, thinking about making a second attempt but doing some "dating" with the schools to find the school and faculty that will suit my needs.

BUG JUG
Feb 17, 2005

MurderBot posted:

Work will pay 75% of the degree and it'll give me access to a lot of the higher end jobs that get me a secretary.

I did a year of PhD schooling but the program was atrocious, thinking about making a second attempt but doing some "dating" with the schools to find the school and faculty that will suit my needs.

Mind if I ask what field you are thinking?

Bob A Feet
Aug 10, 2005

Uroboros posted:

63. Really hard to muster the give a gently caress, going to tackle it tomorrow and accept my late scores.

Sounds fun. I'm doing 64 now. Completely thrilling. My office mate is doing blended seminar and it's an absolute sham it sounds like. Four hour work days. My dream.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

BUG JUG posted:

Mind if I ask what field you are thinking?

PhD in Nursing, but my emphasis is on physical fitness in hospital settings/well-being of nurses. Essentially a public health focus but nurse specific.

• Locked thread