Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
This speech will be huuge.

All the inauguration speeches preceding Trump's
http://www.cnn.com/interactive/2017/01/politics/words-from-the-past/?cnnApp

Post your favorite passages that Trump will inevitably eclipse.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT
Yes, it is a couple of days too early for that, OP.

Fiddler on the Reef
Apr 29, 2011

as long as it fits in my butt we all good

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
Can we solve the problems confronting us? Well, the answer is an unequivocal and emphatic "yes." To paraphrase Winston Churchill, I did not take the oath I have just taken with the intention of presiding over the dissolution of the world's strongest economy. In the days ahead I will propose removing the roadblocks that have slowed our economy and reduced productivity. Steps will be taken aimed at restoring the balance between the various levels of government. Progress may be slow--measured in inches and feet, not miles--but we will progress. Is it time to reawaken this industrial giant, to get government back within its means, and to lighten our punitive tax burden. And these will be our first priorities, and on these principles, there will be no compromise.

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001
I hope he calls out the fake news and gives them what for

Cry Havoc
May 10, 2004

This cyberpunk cartoon avatar is pretty dang ol' good, I tell you what.
how much of it will be plagiarized

it better be a lot

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001
I also hope that he makes liberal use of "the n word"

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
Fake news and social media will be mentioned 3 times. I'm a speech writer.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Dial-a-Dog posted:

I also hope that he makes liberal use of "the n word"

It's cool if he does. He is the brave warrior that slew Political Correctness. It isn't possible to be racist anymore.

Thots and Prayers
Jul 13, 2006

A is the for the atrocious abominated acts that YOu committed. A is also for ass-i-nine, eight, seven, and six.

B, b, b - b is for your belligerent, bitchy, bottomless state of affairs, but why?

C is for the cantankerous condition of our character, you have no cut-out.
Grimey Drawer
I think he's going to do some sleight-of-hand. Like release a dove from the Lincoln Bible.

insulated staircase
Aug 21, 2014

i hope he pisses himself

Prorat
Aug 3, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
USA USA USA gently caress celebrities!

Il Federale
Oct 10, 2012

Cry Havoc posted:

how much of it will be plagiarized

it better be a lot

i hope it includes the emperors speech from the third star wars prequel

Lassitude
Oct 21, 2003

My favorite part is going to be when he calls me a loser.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

If it's not Immortan Joe's speech, Trump can suck my white rear end.

A Concrete Divider
Jan 20, 2012

The Unbearable Whiteness of Eating
You could make the thread two days after the inauguration speech and it'd still be "too early".

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
I think it'd be pretty funny if Trump ended up being one of the best Presidents of all-time. Dude Forrest Gump's his way into billions and somehow into the Presidency. Why not become an all-time great POTUS while he's' at it. :shrug:

Fiddler on the Reef
Apr 29, 2011

Kuato posted:

I think it'd be pretty funny if Trump ended up being one of the best Presidents of all-time. Dude Forrest Gump's his way into billions and somehow into the Presidency. Why not become an all-time great POTUS while he's' at it. :shrug:

I think this is a distinct possibility for two reasons. 1: he's completely self obsessed and sees himself as the next Reagan. He will do anything to achieve that legacy. and 2: he loves his family dearly and will listen very closely to what his daughter and her husband have to say and they are both excellent, excellent people.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
I heard he wasn't using a speech writer. Lol

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001
Maybe he'll just stand there and silently Twitter like a President docevil

Hardawn
Mar 15, 2004

Don't look at the sun, but rather what it illuminates
College Slice
I look forward to its' brevity

Gasbraai
Oct 25, 2010

Lictor my Dictor
As a loyal Trump voter, I hope he does not use any big words that I cannot understand.

tenspott
Aug 1, 2002

by FactsAreUseless
I still laugh every time i think of this dumbass poem from Obama's thing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nH6fC3W3YvA

givepatajob
Apr 8, 2003

One finds that this is the best of all possible worlds.
I hope he mentions that Dragon Quest VIII is released on the day of his inauguration.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
I hope he calls out fake news too, The Onions gotten a lot less funny lately

dookifex_maximus
Aug 10, 2016

by zen death robot

Kuato posted:

forrest gump was born poor though, he more like uh, Billy Madisoned himself into billions

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

tenspott posted:

I still laugh every time i think of this dumbass poem from Obama's thing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nH6fC3W3YvA

This was really bad. Trump would stand up and shut it down.

dookifex_maximus
Aug 10, 2016

by zen death robot
how could he when he will be drowning in piss?

tote up a bags
Jun 8, 2006

die stoats die

Take a shot if trump mentions any of the following:

- Andrew breitbart
- Ann Coulter
- Jetskis or any other watersports
- having big hands
- how he's put really smart people in his team
- the draining of the swamp
- Arnie on the apprentice
- anime (drink yourself to blissful death)

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Lol I was just reading a list of the performers and one of the top billings is the guy from the Nintendo wii gif.

Toby Keith
3 Doors Down
Ravi Drums

I poo poo you not.

veni veni veni fucked around with this message at 02:48 on Jan 19, 2017

dookifex_maximus
Aug 10, 2016

by zen death robot
someone oughta force the performers to perform, this isn't some kinda fag hippy ville where you can do whatever you want, it's america goddamnit

Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010
3 doors down is .... good

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013
I hope he just preforms the whole Deltron 3030 album start to finish and the walks off stage w/ arms raised.

I AM THE TOILET
Jul 11, 2016
i'm normalizing trump under the guise of mocking him; it's great i get to have the thrill of being a fascist without ever having to truly own what that means

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

I AM THE TOILET posted:

i'm normalizing trump under the guise of mocking him; it's great i get to have the thrill of being a fascist without ever having to truly own what that means

Is that in the speech.? Idgi

L-Boned
Sep 11, 2001

by FactsAreUseless
I'm actually glad he will be writing his own speech. It's been a long time since a president has done that and it will be refreshing.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
Its gonna be a magical evening

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

Kuato posted:

What if he accidentally dis covered cold fusion and world peace to, lol funny stuff

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot

givepatajob posted:

I hope he mentions that Dragon Quest VIII is released on the day of his inauguration.

Uhh, Japan is on Trump's poo poo list because he thinks it's the 80s

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

I AM THE TOILET posted:

Please do not do that

• Locked thread