Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

will we see dems calling for small time, incremental change after the massive wave of poo poo changes trump pushes on us? or will they abandon that bullshit and try to fix things asap?

or, will incrementalism prove to be real and will trump be unable to do anything because in america change is slow and incremental.

imo, if perez is in charge we can definitely look forward to dems claiming we can't repeal the muslim registry without 4 years of debate and negotiation

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dairy Days
Dec 26, 2007

i sure hope so op

Fidel Castronaut
Dec 25, 2004

Houston, we're Havana problem.
yah it pretty dead.

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
i'm gonna incrementally make this thread longer

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
okay, i think we're getting there, just a couple of posts more

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
oops sorry i just turned back the post count by a page because im a piss baby

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010
incrementalism is only a thing when you don't completely own Congress lmao

unless you're Obama

Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

"We're not generating enough angry white guys to stay in business for the long term."

- The Chief
After the inevitable depression that will hit, incrementalism may cease being politically attractive as a platform.

You need a Hoover of Hooverville fame before you get an FDR.

Trump of eventual Trumptown fame is our Herbert Hoover.

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!

Main Paineframe posted:

incrementalism is only a thing when you don't completely own Congress lmao

unless you're Obama
and the scotus, and a majority of state governorships, and a majority of state legislatures, and i would imagine local city councils and such though i didnt look them up

democrats have a fantasy they will recover because of declining white birthrates but 30% of asians and hispanics voted for trump :/

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 244 days!
Incrementalism: I can never truly die... so long as insincerity lives in the hearts of men!

Sir Mat of Dickie
Jul 19, 2012

"There is no solitude greater than that of the samurai unless it be that of a tiger in the jungle... perhaps..."
I'll give it until the next time Democrats hold office and have to explain why they're sitting on their asses.

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Dairy Days posted:

i sure hope so op

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer
Incrementalism was always a lie, op, that served to cover up massive changes in the wealth divide in the country by pretending the rich had the same pace of change as the people crawling towards equal rights on marriage and so on.

Well, hope that helps!

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

I have been burying incrementalism in one inch of dirt per day. I'm up to the neck now and I don't think its noticed

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
so what is incrementalism

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer

Baloogan posted:

Achingly slow progress

e: and reversible, too!

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

Baloogan posted:

Its doing the absolute minimum possible so you can say you did something while making life ten times better for your banker buddies behind the scenes because thats what you really cared about.

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy

Baloogan posted:

++

which is itself short for

+=1

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

rudatron posted:

++

which is itself short for

+=1

what is the difference between prefix and postfix incrementalism in C / C++?

Dicky B
Mar 23, 2004

one's a pant in the country and the other's a oval office in the pantry

I Am A Robot
Jul 1, 2006

Dairy Days posted:

i sure hope so op

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy

Baloogan posted:

what is the difference between prefix and postfix incrementalism in C / C++?
order of operations

so
a = b++;
sets a = b, then increments b by 1

a = ++b;
increments b by 1, then sets a = b

fabergay egg
Mar 1, 2012

it's not a rhetorical question, for politely saying 'you are an idiot, you don't know what you are talking about'

Baloogan posted:

a small, reversible change, by means of which which scientists can measure the entropy of a system

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Baloogan posted:

The better question is, "What is love?"

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
baby don't hurt me

Rushi
Jun 2, 2003

by Smythe
Its so simple, just make tiny promises, keep some of them, and then a giant wave of poo poo destroys everything you made and you can make tiny easy promises again.

Fiction
Apr 28, 2011
yes, op

Fiction has issued a correction as of 19:11 on Jan 22, 2017

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
whatever makes you sleep at night OP

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

the politics of the powerful will never die but maybe after we kill and eat all of them most everyone will stop taking them seriously

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer

iospace posted:

The better question is, "What is love?"
It's a doing word.

breaklaw
May 12, 2008

Not a Step posted:

Its doing the absolute minimum possible so you can say you did something while making life ten times better for your banker buddies behind the scenes because thats what you really cared about.

lol so basically what Hillary would have done anyway? So then why is everyone so mad?

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

incrementalism died when the right showed accelerationism is the light

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Nonsense posted:

incrementalism died when the right showed accelerationism is the light

"Why work at anything when I can sip this coconut rum."

-Internet Marxists

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

you should have clapped!!
Incrementalism is OK when you're using small changes as a clear and deliberate strategy used to work towards some larger ultimate goal. The problem is a lot of advocates of incrementalism are just centrists who think that only small changes are required in the first place.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Fortune favors the bold.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

im an increyentlist, we should let women study a small but slowly increasing amount of the Talmud

Salacious Spy
May 29, 2010

Well the word got around they said this kid is insane, man
Banged in the mouth and now he's got AIDS, man
maybe you blue team buttsluts could wait a hot minute before calling doomsday, dude literally just got in office and it's not like he's already spent two and a half months unilaterally reinforcing the fear that his administration will be a quote total disaster unquote

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

Kinsky posted:

maybe you blue team buttsluts could wait a hot minute before calling doomsday, dude literally just got in office and it's not like he's already spent two and a half months unilaterally reinforcing the fear that his administration will be a quote total disaster unquote
:bernin:
:yosbutt:

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

team buttsluts status: feelin blue

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

• Locked thread