Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Still need 1?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

I'm in.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Hows it going BK

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

How Ecco of you

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

:(

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Was this designed to prevent me from enjoying a game of mafia? I'm deeply disappointed.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

I'm not sorry for anything ever and ecco posted itt and now i have sickle post anemia but I'm spurnful and want to harm others as I die :shepface:

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Smoke scum err'day

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

I want to know:

Favorite Color
Favorite Movie
Favorite Person To Hang Day 1

Equally relevant questions.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

My answers:
Blue
The Princess Bride
Winvirus

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

Shiiiit that's what I was missing!

Soon you'll be missing your head bitch :grin:

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

It's a different sort of game.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Ironic that I had a hotdog for lunch for the first time in ever

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

And every hipster in the land shivered and started writing a tedious explanation of the word "Ironic"

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

What else could it be based on other than gut at this point?

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

And this is why you always vote for Winvirus day 1.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

I'm doing Vday tonight so I'll barrly be around. A bump would be great.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Good morning mafia thread. You've got me all day babies so wear your clean undies.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

this is a stickup posted:

kill me or moat today thanks

I've reread the interactions between these two three times now and it still screams extra.

##vote this is a stickup

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Deadline is today but it's still barely out of jokephase :doh:

Post. Give it a try, it doesn't hurt.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

I've played with SoS before and that would mean at least a year old.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Max posted:

HOWEVER, the argument could be made that voting for someone not in the game is some weaksauce BS when the question seemed pointed towards players who are actually in this one (which even Diq is guilty of.)

Huh?

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Maybe I need my coffee (trying to reset the caffeine power so not drinking it) but I'm failing to parse that.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Max posted:

It wasn't a well worded statement, sorry. I mean your three part question. Some people chose to say that their favorite person to vote was someone not in the game.

Ah, well, that is how I'd interpret what Tomm did. Looking at the SoS push on Tomm it looks like it's very forced. Too casual? Even I, the asker, listed someone nowhere near this game. Answering in ##vote form is as valid as anything. I took the approach initially as a jumpstart maneuver I would employ myself but it seems sincere now and he's scummy for it. ##vote SoS

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

CapitalistPig posted:

I decided this because you are scum.

Seriously

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Moatillata posted:

TBC for now tho because I am gonna go jail myself irl for about 10 hrs

rofl what

I come back to THIS post lmao

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

it also suggests that moat could have been performing the NK and there is no way to differentiate

but I would like to turbo inf after moat. his reaction to tomm claiming and immediately changing his tune feels weird to me

Yeah, this is how I'm interpreting this as well. So Moat could be town or scum for sure, an extremely helpful thing. So we hang Moat like people are saying and lets say he flips town - that was a total waste of a day's lynch. Is there anything at all about his posting that reads scummy to you guys or are you seriously going after him over a literal nothing? Reading his posts, he seems very apathetic to the game which does read a bit scummy but I agree with him on the people who look scummiest right now (Stickup particularly but Jedit too) and think that the fact that he got so many votes piled on built on a hill made of air is suspicious as hell. I don't want to vote him out today.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

kill me or moat today thanks

This is still a weird post to me. Content was starting to form and this comes out of nowhere. Why the sudden thunderdomey stance based on nothing visible?

read cpigs case on me at least. probably the realest things that have happened are the recent looks at jedit and sos

Stickup is willing to tell us that the discourse hasn't been great but instead of trying to create any himself he merely comments on the side that x and y might be worth reading before he...

Yeah, I recognize that and that's why I'm not voting there

I may not be around but I will try and check in later ##vote SoS

...throws a vote on SoS and disappears. Doesn't explain his feelings about SoS but is willing to throw the vote down and then take his ball and go home.

lotta words up there instead of just ##vote tobbs

Here I see more naked opportunism mixed with a lack of interest in participating in active scum hunting. I think he's our best vote for today.

##vote this is a stickup

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

I feel odd about the fact that I quoted him in the previous post as a starting point and then accuse him of not being a part of the discussion there. Still, it is an accurate description of his play.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Jedit posted:

On my phone at work, but I don't recall Tommunist or Infi voting for each other. For a slap fight it's very polite.

This was a gross misunderstanding of the situation between those two to the point that it appears that Jedit didn't read the thread whatsoever. Mix that with a "me too" vote on SoS and a lurker callout and you have a pretty scummy d1. To Jedit's credit, however, he was around for the deadline; a pro town move to be sure. Also feeling better about Jedit's posting today now that I'm reading it so not super sold on Jedit scum but I know him to be a good player and that d1 stuff is pretty textbook scum maneuvering.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

I was actually thinking the same thing.

Like, why do you (Diqnol) think that scum wouldn't have an interest in being around for deadline to facilitate a misdunk?

Because SoS was a misdunk and Jedit was around to make sure that we hung somebody but, and this is key, willing to vote for someone else too. I think that's pro town.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

To be clear, town should always hang somebody on d1. Always always. In the past I always made a point to be around as the thread whip to make sure we didn't nohang d1 but anymore I guess I just don't.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Murmur Twin posted:

This is more of a gut call for posterity than a case, but:

While I'm not saying that Diqnol is definitely the SK, I will say that if Diqnol was the SK I would 100% expect him to target a lurking chores first.

If I had to pick someone to eat as SK it would probably have been Inf actually because I like to eliminate bothers, then lurkers, then threats as SK.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Inf gives me the impression that he's a dumber sort of Diqnol, feebly clawing at votes levied against him as might a cornered platypus before being consumed by a noble badger or wallaby.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

MMT, I don't dislike your case per se but I don't appreciate that it's so rooted in meta and I am being pinged by your awareness of the unpersuasiveness of that fact. Could you burn all of that out of your case and explain to me why Tobbs is scum?

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

I don't think that not actively casing is a scum tell. You think it is compared against his meta. I find this unpersuasive.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

"I would post in the thread, really I would, if only other people would make it good for me"

A problem with the entire forum. People like this should be hanged, just perhaps not in the mafia game.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Infinitum posted:

Yeah no worries mate. Lynch the un-counter claimed Doc.

Good job.

Is lynching the un-counterclaimed cop any better you loving moron?

Our best move is to test the result. Testing it by hanging the claimed cop is stupid. ##vote Tobbs

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

why did you disappear for so long missing the deadline (and not voting at all) after that whole bit about being around for deadline = pro town

I guess my life today involves me always doing stuff and I can't really do mafia anymore. Sad!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Bus Drivers are always before everything but enablers and disablers iirc, followed by investigative, followed by kills

• Locked thread