Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

If you want the most effective, efficient, and fastest way to injure yourself horribly for life, crossfit is your thing.

Post gifs, jpgs, youtoobs, whatever of people hilariously failing at crossfit in this thread.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T74Xek-pDLM

spacetoaster fucked around with this message at 16:38 on Mar 22, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

roymorrison
Jul 26, 2005
we already did this thread think of something new

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i support the op doing crossfit regularly.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

roymorrison posted:

we already did this thread think of something new

I didn't find it.

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

Is it pretty cheap?

*nvm*

http://crossfitsteelecreek.com/why-is-crossfit-so-expensive/

lol

spacetoaster fucked around with this message at 16:51 on Mar 22, 2017

Space Crabs
Mar 10, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
In before the sporadic Crossfit defense crew goes

"But but but the women are hot therefore Crossfit is good!"

or some variation of how exhausting their crossfit workout is while completely ignoring that proper form and doing actual exercises would be more effective, safer and healthier in the long run because their entire fad lifestyle is based around "Well we get results!!"

I could probably have fantastic results for a diet if I ate only sunlight, doesn't mean it's a good idea.

am i ugly
Mar 12, 2017

by zen death robot
i'm a lard king whose heart is about to explode from cholesterol poisoning so anyone doing any kind of exercise is safer and healthier than me

am i ugly
Mar 12, 2017

by zen death robot
*shits blood from eating too many donuts*

loving crossfit is terrible

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HEv_9fQBWVY

Dave_Indeed
Feb 22, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

am i ugly posted:

i'm a lard king whose heart is about to explode from cholesterol poisoning so anyone doing any kind of exercise is safer and healthier than me

Today I made butter coffee by making coffee and throwing it in a blender with butter and coconut oil.

I'm fukn healthy as fuk fuk u crosstards.

For real though you can just lift weights normal and run on a treadmill. Your joints will commit suicide eventually, no need to rush it guys.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Space Crabs posted:

In before the sporadic Crossfit defense crew goes

"But but but the women are hot therefore Crossfit is good!"

or some variation of how exhausting their crossfit workout is while completely ignoring that proper form and doing actual exercises would be more effective, safer and healthier in the long run because their entire fad lifestyle is based around "Well we get results!!"

I could probably have fantastic results for a diet if I ate only sunlight, doesn't mean it's a good idea.

I've really only had one close encounter with one crossfit person. Myself and another gym bro were comparing workouts and talking about various lifting/swimming BS and, totally uninvited, she comes over and starts telling us about how we're dumb and our workouts are dumb.

She continues to tell us how we "don't know anything about exercise" even though she's all of 22 and we're both twice her age and have been doing this for decades.

http://i.imgur.com/TL5gIwN.mp4

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

spacetoaster posted:

I've really only had one close encounter with one crossfit person. Myself and another gym bro were comparing workouts and talking about various lifting/swimming BS and, totally uninvited, she comes over and starts telling us about how we're dumb and our workouts are dumb.

She continues to tell us how we "don't know anything about exercise" even though she's all of 22 and we're both twice her age and have been doing this for decades.

Don't you know you're supposed to do everything in your power to destroy your joints and tendons ASAP??????? That's how they get stronger!!!!!

rocket_man38
Jan 23, 2006

My life is a barrel o' fun!!
I talked to a personal trainer/ physical therapist who loves crossfit because it gives her more clients when they get injured.

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Please disregard my advice w/r/t history.
I believe it was the founder or some other pioneer of the genre who shaved a few mm off his lower vertebrae with a barbell.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Toadvine posted:

I believe it was the founder or some other pioneer of the genre who shaved a few mm off his lower vertebrae with a barbell.

The best argum against crossfit is just a full body photograph od its founder

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

If I continually break all my bones, they will mend better...FASTER...STRONGER!!

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
Any hard bodied babes in this thread?

(Any HBB ITT)

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

I want to make a woman out of weights and make love to her as a crossfit exercise.

rezatahs
Jun 9, 2001

by Smythe
my sister has been doing crossfit for 5 years and has already had two surgeries for repetitive stress injuries. one foot and one knee surgery

meanwhile her two older brothers one of which bmxed for years and the other active duty army special forces but exercise like normal people have minor old man injuries that don't require surgery :shrug:

rocket_man38
Jan 23, 2006

My life is a barrel o' fun!!

Pawn 17 posted:

If I continually break all my bones, they will mend better...FASTER...STRONGER!!

The personal trainer i mentioned above had a client who broke his back doing cross fit, so she worked with him to get back in shape. Well he decided to ignore her advice and broke his back AGAIN. He went to her for help again, and she refused.

Space Crabs
Mar 10, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Moridin920 posted:

Don't you know you're supposed to do everything in your power to destroy your joints and tendons ASAP??????? That's how they get stronger!!!!!

No pain no Gain means that if I cause myself horrific pain and discomfort I'm actually getting an even better workout.

I arrived at this decision by using my intuition you see. Because when you work out at the gym normally you get really sore. So obviously if you are ten times more sore you got ten times the workout

The lingering pain and loss of feeling in my extremities means I'm badass enough to handle it.

Dave_Indeed
Feb 22, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

spacetoaster posted:

Kill her with your muscles.

And to her point, I like what swimming does to a woman WAY better than what crossfit does to a woman.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

OXBALLS DOT COM posted:

The best argum against crossfit is just a full body photograph od its founder

Holy cow.

One of these dudes is the creator of crossfit..... lol

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Sorry OP

now excuse me

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

rocket_man38 posted:

The personal trainer i mentioned above had a client who broke his back doing cross fit, so she worked with him to get back in shape. Well he decided to ignore her advice and broke his back AGAIN. He went to her for help again, and she refused.

lol, amazing.

I would think breaking your back really hurts and is probably something you'd want to avoid.

Space Crabs
Mar 10, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Pawn 17 posted:

lol, amazing.

I would think breaking your back really hurts and is probably something you'd want to avoid.

uhhh what part of no pain no gain do you not get?

Extreme life altering pain means extreme gains

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

rocket_man38 posted:

now he can be a Protoss Dragoon

Hardawn
Mar 15, 2004

Don't look at the sun, but rather what it illuminates
College Slice
Hoisted by your own petard

Professor of Cats
Mar 22, 2009

Someone that isn't lazy post pictures of the founder. Please.

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Professor of Cats posted:

Someone that isn't lazy post pictures of the founder. Please.

He's an out of shape old man lol, for some reason every picture has him holding his hand up trying to explain why crossfit isn't retarded

Ahh yes, power X age divided by time = RESULTS

Stick it up your rear end Greg Glassman

SpaghetioSexNoises
Aug 16, 2015
I've seen legit studies where they put the injury rate at 20%. Not sure if I want to play Russian roulette with my body like that.

Space Crabs
Mar 10, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I mean we can make fun of the Crossfit founder all we want but he never has to work again due to selling idiots their own self inflicted suffering.

The worse his product is the more his customers love it, it's genius.

Thots and Prayers
Jul 13, 2006

A is the for the atrocious abominated acts that YOu committed. A is also for ass-i-nine, eight, seven, and six.

B, b, b - b is for your belligerent, bitchy, bottomless state of affairs, but why?

C is for the cantankerous condition of our character, you have no cut-out.
Grimey Drawer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KgT90VD_K_w

e: "crossfit wedding" is a good youtube search term
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3QBgUmqUHN0

Thots and Prayers fucked around with this message at 18:49 on Mar 22, 2017

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

posting in gbs is my cross fit it gets my blood pumping faster than trying to stand up off my hoveround mobility scooter

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

a bone to pick posted:

He's an out of shape old man lol, for some reason every picture has him holding his hand up trying to explain why crossfit isn't retarded

Ahh yes, power X age divided by time = RESULTS

Stick it up your rear end Greg Glassman

In addition to being out of shape, he is also a crook who steals from the company

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc
And before anyone dives i saying "oh hes successful so he must be doi sone right"- he used his connections to get money from 8nvestors, which he then used to promote aggressively. He also spends a bunch of that unearned money on a pr hit squad that will doxx and threaten anyone who criticises him or the company.

The whole thing is the triumph of personal connections allowing access to unearned money buying hype buying success while selling a lovely product the entire time

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

OXBALLS DOT COM posted:

The whole thing is the triumph of personal connections allowing access to unearned money buying hype buying success while selling a lovely product the entire time

This thread is about crossfit not the 2016 election dude

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot
Join my cult, SlaveFit wherein i whip you if you don't break rocks fast enough

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Man I loved the old Crossfit thread, it was really fun to read about how horrible the company is

• Locked thread