Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
jeff smisek
May 18, 2009

Going fishing tomorrow. Gonna catch a trout and then put it back into the water and maybe look for another trout to take out of the water, look at and then replace into the water

Post about fishing and how it is good and also put your fish pics here

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
Hey op, post your crappie.

Iron Prince
Aug 28, 2005
Buglord
what a coincidence im going fisting tomorrow

jeff smisek
May 18, 2009

I already went today, maybe in the morning after coffee

Dave_Indeed
Feb 22, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
I like the part where you throw the fish up in the air and shoot it with a shotgun for no reason instead of releasing it back to live a happy fish life.

Enfield
May 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
its almost time for the shad run where a billion of shads disregard all personally saftey in order to have sex with each other :allears:

walgreenslatino
Jun 2, 2015

Lipstick Apathy
I went fishing this morning because it warmed up about 30 degrees since yesterday

There was a big hatch going on. I caught a decent sized brown trout on a dry fly and I saw an old guy illegally baitcasting fall into the river and then go home.

Good day

Dave_Indeed
Feb 22, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Enfield posted:

its almost time for the shad run where a billion of shads disregard all personally saftey in order to have sex with each other :allears:

Big bass latina teen chased by lesbian loving T REX on a hoverboard then gently caress.

jeff smisek
May 18, 2009

walgreenslatino posted:

I went fishing this morning because it warmed up about 30 degrees since yesterday

There was a big hatch going on. I caught a decent sized brown trout on a dry fly and I saw an old guy illegally baitcasting fall into the river and then go home.

Good day

BWOs are flying around my face all day at work, i also inhaled one up my right nostril

Dave_Indeed
Feb 22, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

walgreenslatino posted:

Good day

Are you serious that piece of poo poo used bait even though it's illegal?

Piece of poo poo mother fucker. I hope he's dead now.

jeff smisek
May 18, 2009

Enfield posted:

50 shads of grey

ElectricSheep
Jan 14, 2006

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.
I'm fishing for compliments *tosses a line*

Enfield
May 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

jeff smisek posted:

50 shads of grey

drat

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

ElectricSheep posted:

I'm fishing for compliments *tosses a line*

Get your nose out of this.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

You should bring a cooking device and eat those fuckers right away. Nothing beats eating something that a live 10 minutes before.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

You should bring a cooking device and eat those fuckers right away. Nothing beats eating something that a live 10 minutes before.

In more simple terms. Swallow.

VendaGoat fucked around with this message at 03:50 on Mar 26, 2017

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009
I enjoy fishing. I enjoy eating the fish I catch as well as putting them back in the water.

Macasaurus
Oct 12, 2012

goin fishing tomorrow morning too, good luck

if i catch a fish i will post it itt

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Illegal 'bate casting would be a good name

FaradayCage
May 2, 2010
low effort OP.

Please include a couple pictures of different tackle and live bait you can use. What lakes are great for fishing. What the best fish to fish are. Etc.

I've fished mostly for Smallmouth bass in Green Bay Wisconsin. Some Largemouth in Lauderdale Lakes.

Also done some muskie fishing and whitefish ice fishing.

Muskie really is the fish of ten thousand casts. Caught my one and only so far probably somewhere around the 4000th cast. Not even a three footer.

I once got a two foot pike right alongside the boat on a black spinnerbait. Then he snapped the line.

I've caught...largemouth and smallmouth bass, crappie, bluegill, various other panfish, pike (almost), muskie, whitefish, yellow perch, white perch, striped bass (they pretty much invaded Sand Bay one year), small catfish, a carp probably, and a sheepshead probably. Also a blacktip shark. Deep sea fishing (actually it was coastal fishing) is hell on your back.

Best catch ever made was on Lake Michigan. Saw something on the surface of the water about a hundred feet from the shore. We decided to investigate.

Try to guess what it was:

It was a muther. loving. chipmunk. Swimming away from the shore. We caught it in the net and placed him safely on dry land. He took off but paused to stand up and look back at us like "mammals stick together bro! Thanks!".

It was super cool. Our theory is that it fell from a tree into the water and couldn't see where the shore was because he had to tilt his head up to keep swimming.

Flambeau
Aug 5, 2015
Plaster Town Cop

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

seems smart. that way you dont have to stop at mickey-D's after.
does it take a lot of extra work?

DONKEY SALAMI
Jun 28, 2008

donkey? donkey?

Trout? Well ain't that a fancy fish. Fishing with doilies and monocles.

We here fish for carp. Downstream from the sewage disposal system.

Harald
Jul 10, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
fishing loving owns

Harald
Jul 10, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

donkey salami posted:

Trout? Well ain't that a fancy fish. Fishing with doilies and monocles.

We here fish for carp. Downstream from the sewage disposal system.

https://vimeo.com/133163909

PromethiumX
Mar 5, 2003
men who fish are just too pussy to tell their wives they are cunts

man up

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
I wouldn't mind going fishing if they had wifi in the ocean. Might be a fun trip

jeff smisek
May 18, 2009

PromethiumX posted:

men who fish are just too pussy to tell their wives they are cunts

man up

Im a girl tho :blush:

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

jeff smisek posted:

Im a girl tho :blush:

Like I could forget that butt.

jeff smisek
May 18, 2009

FaradayCage posted:

low effort OP.

Please include a couple pictures of different tackle and live bait you can use. What lakes are great for fishing. What the best fish to fish are. Etc.

I've fished mostly for Smallmouth bass in Green Bay Wisconsin. Some Largemouth in Lauderdale Lakes.

Also done some muskie fishing and whitefish ice fishing.

Muskie really is the fish of ten thousand casts. Caught my one and only so far probably somewhere around the 4000th cast. Not even a three footer.

I once got a two foot pike right alongside the boat on a black spinnerbait. Then he snapped the line.

I've caught...largemouth and smallmouth bass, crappie, bluegill, various other panfish, pike (almost), muskie, whitefish, yellow perch, white perch, striped bass (they pretty much invaded Sand Bay one year), small catfish, a carp probably, and a sheepshead probably. Also a blacktip shark. Deep sea fishing (actually it was coastal fishing) is hell on your back.

Best catch ever made was on Lake Michigan. Saw something on the surface of the water about a hundred feet from the shore. We decided to investigate.

Try to guess what it was:

It was a muther. loving. chipmunk. Swimming away from the shore. We caught it in the net and placed him safely on dry land. He took off but paused to stand up and look back at us like "mammals stick together bro! Thanks!".

It was super cool. Our theory is that it fell from a tree into the water and couldn't see where the shore was because he had to tilt his head up to keep swimming.

Sorry it was a quick work post! Tomorrow will be fishing for trout on fly in small Colorado mountain streams. Maybe the larger South Platte, but it's super busy on sundays. Using a 9ft 5wt rod, prob with wooly bugger streamers, maybe toss a few BWOs if I see em flying around. Lakes are just starting to thaw, so it will soon be time for pike fishing in the few places we actually have (stocked) pike. This year will be my first trying for pike on fly as soon as my heavier fly rod comes in the mail. Ordering some crazy giant articulated flies from Sweden to see what all the fuss is about!

jeff smisek
May 18, 2009

VendaGoat posted:

Like I could forget that butt.

:clint: Summer goal is to be lifting bodyweight overhead, all thanks to ~dat rear end~ Also, I poop with that

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

jeff smisek posted:

:clint: Summer goal is to be lifting bodyweight overhead, all thanks to ~dat rear end~ Also, I poop with that

i know, you posted this thread :xd:

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

jeff smisek posted:

You know what we all think of that.

FaradayCage
May 2, 2010

Koyaanisgoatse posted:

i know, you posted this thread :xd:

have an upboat sir!

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe

walgreenslatino posted:

Good day

I live literally 10 minutes from a blue ribbon trout river. I managed to go fishing twice in 6 years, despite having my fly gear in my jeep as I drive past it twice a day. :effort:

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe

jeff smisek posted:

Sorry it was a quick work post! Tomorrow will be fishing for trout on fly in small Colorado mountain streams. Maybe the larger South Platte, but it's super busy on sundays. Using a 9ft 5wt rod, prob with wooly bugger streamers, maybe toss a few BWOs if I see em flying around. Lakes are just starting to thaw, so it will soon be time for pike fishing in the few places we actually have (stocked) pike. This year will be my first trying for pike on fly as soon as my heavier fly rod comes in the mail. Ordering some crazy giant articulated flies from Sweden to see what all the fuss is about!

Fished Green River yet?

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
fishings dumb as hell, why would i go outside when i can just sit at my computer at home

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe

JakeP posted:

fishings dumb as hell, why would i go outside when i can just sit at my computer at home

Have you fished Alterac Valley yet?

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Fog Tripper posted:

Have you fished Alterac Valley yet?

thats a battle ground dude you cant fish there get on my level

FaradayCage
May 2, 2010

JakeP posted:

thats a battle ground dude you cant fish there get on my level

The first iteration of Alterac Valley was basically like the first iteration of Jurassic Park.

The second iteration of Alterac Valley was basically like the second iteration of Jurassic Park.

Place was a loving public toilet of bad ideas.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jeff smisek
May 18, 2009

Fog Tripper posted:

Fished Green River yet?

In april, we are going to Moab and I will take a day to try out where the Green joins the Colorado

• Locked thread