Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Cabela's Dangerous Hunts 2013 is a hunting sim first-person shooter featuring packs of wild animals who hate the main character with a passion. It's also the only shooter where turning your back on the enemy gives you an unbeatable tactical advantage.

THE MOONING:

Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo.

Why are you still reading this?

Cat scare extravaganza.

Luke, I'm cummin'!

ALL OF THEM!

SelenicMartian fucked around with this message at 04:30 on May 9, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GamesAreSupernice
Jan 3, 2014

Oh, whoa! Check out the Viewing Globe, shorty!
I remember loving the mechanic where you flip around instantly.

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

Oh boy if it isn't another wonderfully dumb Cabela's game. :allears:

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

I've always loved the casual insanity of these games. "You're a conservationist right?" *5 minutes later* "Shoot them all! Gladly!"

Cathode Raymond
Dec 30, 2015

My antenna is telling me that you're probably wrong about this.
Soiled Meat
Good god, Cabela's is back.

Watching someone play Cabela's scars up the inside of my brain but I can't look away.

EasilyConfused
Nov 21, 2009

one strong toad
I never know what type of game to expect when you start an LP, except that it'll be interesting.

Also, I like how the hyenas locked you in the basement of the ranger station.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
Are you sure the protagonist is a conservationist? :v:

Cathode Raymond
Dec 30, 2015

Soiled Meat
My only experience with Cabela's games is Corn in the Bible's lp of Dangerous Hunts 2009(?) last year but I know enough to get the gist of them.

They follow two basic rules:

1) The protagonist is a callous sociopath the likes of which the world has never seen
2) Every non-human animal on earth is aligned and organized in an effort to kill all humans and especially the protagonist. This might sound evil, but trust me, you'll be rooting for them by the halfway point.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

This game probably features the only radio-jamming baboons in the world.

Quicksilver6
Mar 21, 2008

Well, I'm sold. Is there a team of Special Forces Gibbons that come at you with AKs to back up the baboons?

inflatablefish
Oct 24, 2010
I'm waiting for the shock reveal that your brother was a gorilla all along.

White Coke
May 29, 2015
When do you get to hunt Bigfeet and Jakelopes?

Dinictus
Nov 26, 2005

May our CoX spray white sticky fluid at our enemies forever!
HAIL ARACHNOS!
Soiled Meat
So some animals have no heart? And some animals have no brains?

Is this an allegory?

No Gravitas
Jun 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Dinictus posted:

So some animals have no heart? And some animals have no brains?

Is this an allegory?

A metaphor for conservation.

Blastinus
Feb 28, 2010

Time to try my luck
:rolldice:
Crap.
I love that your first response to a herd of wild elephants is to shoot one in the butt. Clearly this game has taught you well.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Help, I accidentally recorded one more.

Why are you still reading this?

No Gravitas
Jun 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
I got it figured out! We are culling animals that have rabies-induced bloodlust.

Conservation.

Blastinus
Feb 28, 2010

Time to try my luck
Crap.
You know who the true winners of this unholy rampage are? The vultures. The baboon genocide alone should keep them fed for a week.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

What's really going on in this game is the whole thing is some gun nut's poo poo that didn't happen stories on a hunting forum.

"And then I went on an awesome safari and I killed, like, 80 lions with my desert eagle! Honest!"

EasilyConfused
Nov 21, 2009

one strong toad
I think your character is actually three hundred pounds, that would explain how he keeps falling through things and why he gets winded so quickly.

The crocodile hit and run tactics are great too.

Dreadwroth
Dec 12, 2009

by R. Guyovich
I can't wait for Cabellas to go off the rails and have you hunting like demons or something.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer

EasilyConfused posted:

I think your character is actually three hundred pounds, that would explain how he keeps falling through things and why he gets winded so quickly.

He's just weighed down by the massive sack of pistol ammo he's carrying.

megane
Jun 20, 2008

He sounds like he's having a heart attack every time he jumps. HRRRNK ugh...

Cathode Raymond
Dec 30, 2015

Soiled Meat
He might also be 3 feet tall. Some of those hyenas were almost eye to eye with him.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

EasilyConfused posted:

Well that would make sense for the typical American hunter. All we need is for our guide to come back with our ride so we can shoot things from the truck.

megane
Jun 20, 2008

So, in that last video alone, our hero killed about 13 spotted leopards, 39 baboons, and 33 adult lions in an area maybe the size of a city block.

Conservationism!

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

megane posted:

So, in that last video alone, our hero killed about 13 spotted leopards, 39 baboons, and 33 adult lions in an area maybe the size of a city block.

Conservationism!

At the same time if there are that many of those things in such a small space they kinda need culling, right? :downs:

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

It could have been more leopards. If you go through the leopard tree forest slowly they nibble at your left arm all the time.
Also, you can stay down by the river until all nearby caves run out of baboons.

Blastinus
Feb 28, 2010

Time to try my luck
Crap.

SelenicMartian posted:

It could have been more leopards. If you go through the leopard tree forest slowly they nibble at your left arm all the time.
Also, you can stay down by the river until all nearby caves run out of baboons.

So what you're saying is that you've been far too merciful to the indigenous wildlife. Step up your game, man! These species aren't going to endanger themselves!

White Coke
May 29, 2015

Dreadwroth posted:

I can't wait for Cabellas to go off the rails and have you hunting like demons or something.

Cabela's Most Dangerous Game 2017.

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

IT WAS ME ALL ALONG, BURROWS!

EasilyConfused posted:

I never know what type of game to expect when you start an LP, except that it'll be interesting.
I have an especially good feeling about this one, and this habit of just arbitrarily shooting around the environment and in the general direction of other people really contributes to the tone.

Night10194 posted:

At the same time if there are that many of those things in such a small space they kinda need culling, right? :downs:
And all the money involved goes towards conservation! :downsgun:

Quicksilver6
Mar 21, 2008

This game is reminding me of every terrible 70's "NATURE GONE MAD" movie ever like Day of the Animals mixed with terrible 80's style gun fetishism. I think this is as close to that fake VHS movie in Far Cry Blood Dragon. "Monkey see, MONKEY KILL!"

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

Dreadwroth posted:

Doom?

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

Yes but glory kills are initiated by turning your back on the demons.

Conservation!

Blastinus
Feb 28, 2010

Time to try my luck
Crap.
In all seriousness, I'm really enjoying watching this game. The way the animations constantly shift from 1st to 3rd person is actually pretty clever and seamless, and the environments are varied and detailed. If the subject matter was anything besides indiscriminately shooting every animal you come across, they'd have the makings of a decent shooter here.

Dreadwroth
Dec 12, 2009

by R. Guyovich
It is a nice looking game and seems to run pretty smoothly, from what I can tell, so thats not the issue. It's the goofy rear end story and the sports hunter idea of "conservation".
I think all the "humans" in this game are Terminators or something.

Dreadwroth fucked around with this message at 15:44 on Apr 30, 2017

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
DH2013 is a loving good game!

Cathode Raymond
Dec 30, 2015

Soiled Meat
You know, whenever there's a Cabela's lp going on I lie awake at night and I think of all the bears that are trying to kill my dad and all the swarms of malicious lions and leopards and wolves everywhere that want nothing more than to overthrow all of human civilization.

I lie awake at night and I think that I should pick up a Desert Eagle and become a conservationist, a real Cabela's Man.

But then I think of all the swarms of hyenas and baboons, and how well organized and fearless they are, and I ask myself, do I have the will and acumen to conserve them before they conserve me?

I don't know. Even in my brightest hour I just don't know.

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

I think I've figured out what's going on with the animal density: when any animals with that one collector in Mexico become unmanageable, this is what happens to them!

Conservation!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

"All animals were harmed during this performance"

Cat scare extravaganza.

• Locked thread