Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
who is the biggest fail club
This poll is closed.
arsenal 9223372036854775807 100.00%
not arsenal 1 0.00%
Total: 23 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Lot 49
Dec 7, 2007

I'll do anything
For my sweet sixteen

Jason Sextro posted:

the great thing about Silva going to Man City is that 40M euro or whatever figure is probably massively understated

The people who broke the story on twitter said it was 70m Euro. Which is much more believable and a pretty fair price for an excellent player.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lot 49
Dec 7, 2007

I'll do anything
For my sweet sixteen
For money and winning things.

Lot 49
Dec 7, 2007

I'll do anything
For my sweet sixteen
This summer United will buy a striker, a winger, a defensive midfielder, a left back and maybe a centre back.

Lot 49
Dec 7, 2007

I'll do anything
For my sweet sixteen
United fans should be pretty chill atm imo. Mourinho and Woodward did a great job last summer and this window should be easy for them.

And then I go onto redcafe and it's just poster after poster in meltdown mode because of Griezmann.

Lot 49
Dec 7, 2007

I'll do anything
For my sweet sixteen
I would very much like Lukaku at United but I suspect he will be going back to Chelsea.

Lot 49
Dec 7, 2007

I'll do anything
For my sweet sixteen
They must have been caught doing something to have to grovel like that.

Lot 49
Dec 7, 2007

I'll do anything
For my sweet sixteen
The press run stories about Ronaldo leaving Madrid every summer. He won't go anywhere.

Lot 49
Dec 7, 2007

I'll do anything
For my sweet sixteen

blue footed boobie posted:

Lots of random sources popping up now saying that Sanchez is staying. Please.

Because he is signing a new contract or because he is going to run it down and leave for free next summer?

Lot 49
Dec 7, 2007

I'll do anything
For my sweet sixteen
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/40516483

£75m for Lukaku agreed between United and Everton.

Lot 49
Dec 7, 2007

I'll do anything
For my sweet sixteen
Mourinho isn't a big fan of Martial but he won't sell him cheap, especially not to Wenger.

Also Martial is a winger at the moment so it's not like Lukaku would effect his game time. He does want to play upfront but Arsenal just bought their own expensive striker.

edit: Oh yeah and I wouldn't blame Mourinho for Martial playing poorly last season. He was the same at the Euros. His personal life went to poo poo at the end of the 15/16 season. He was married to like his only girlfriend ever but cheated on her. She left and took the kids and now they say horrible things about each other on twitter and instagram. It's pretty hosed up and has been affecting his performances quite a bit imo.

Lot 49 fucked around with this message at 11:43 on Jul 6, 2017

Lot 49
Dec 7, 2007

I'll do anything
For my sweet sixteen
Lukaku in and Rooney out is extremely rad.

Lot 49
Dec 7, 2007

I'll do anything
For my sweet sixteen
It would have been dumb to buy Morata when Lukaku was available for a similar price.

Lot 49
Dec 7, 2007

I'll do anything
For my sweet sixteen
£6m plus Gillespie for Cole.

Yes this matters to me.

Lot 49
Dec 7, 2007

I'll do anything
For my sweet sixteen
According to my calculations Ibrahimovic, Rooney and Januzaj leaving United will save them roughly £2 billion a season in wages.

Lot 49
Dec 7, 2007

I'll do anything
For my sweet sixteen

PirateBob posted:

What are the details of the Rooney and Lukaku deals anyway, are we still paying half of Rooney's salary, and are we paying 75m or 90m for "RedRom" :confused:

If you believe the papers then...

United aren't paying Rooney.
Lukaku was £75m with up to £15m extra if he achieves some unspecified targets.

Lot 49
Dec 7, 2007

I'll do anything
For my sweet sixteen
I saw a lowlight video of Szczesny on twitter the other day and it was funny as hell how he kept giving away the same penalty.

Lot 49
Dec 7, 2007

I'll do anything
For my sweet sixteen
Raiola is cool and good and so are the people he represents imo.

Lot 49
Dec 7, 2007

I'll do anything
For my sweet sixteen

Jose posted:

ederson might be the most expensive uncapped player now too

That's the kid Madrid spent the best part of £40m on after he played 1 game.

Lot 49
Dec 7, 2007

I'll do anything
For my sweet sixteen
The people who thought that FFP was a thing that would work never got shamed enough for being dumb imo.

Good on PSG for being the club who have lol'd at it the most though.

Lot 49
Dec 7, 2007

I'll do anything
For my sweet sixteen
All clubs with high wage bills have that problem. United sell very cheaply e.g. letting Rooney go for free just to get him off the books. Chelsea and City create loan armies.

Lot 49
Dec 7, 2007

I'll do anything
For my sweet sixteen
Transfer sagas which don't involve the club you support are great.

Lot 49
Dec 7, 2007

I'll do anything
For my sweet sixteen

CyberPingu posted:

Still having a big old LOL at Pirate Bob's double meltdown yesterday.

He was mostly just copying posts from redcafe.

Lot 49
Dec 7, 2007

I'll do anything
For my sweet sixteen

cheese posted:

I'd say take the 100m but I don't even know what we would do with it at this point.

Buy Carroll for £85m?

Lot 49
Dec 7, 2007

I'll do anything
For my sweet sixteen
He's spent six years as an attacker for one of the better teams in the league and has scored 20 goals. That's pretty terrible.

Although tbf to him it's taken his manager far too long to realise that he would be better used in deeper positions.

Lot 49
Dec 7, 2007

I'll do anything
For my sweet sixteen

Vegetable posted:

The transfer is also amusing because Ox keeps angling to play in central midfield and there's precisely no chance of him getting that at Chelsea

Why not? Chelsea only have 3 CMs in their squad atm and one of them can't run anymore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lot 49
Dec 7, 2007

I'll do anything
For my sweet sixteen

sassassin posted:

I thought he played centrally coming through Southampton's academy.

He did. Wenger just wasted him for years and years on the wings. Hopefully Klopp does the same but I guess he must have had assurances he will play centrally hence accepting a lower wage.

Liverpool are signing good players at the moment but it's a bit weird that none of them are keepers/defenders.

• Locked thread