Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
who is the biggest fail club
This poll is closed.
arsenal 9223372036854775807 100.00%
not arsenal 1 0.00%
Total: 23 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

the great thing about Silva going to Man City is that 40M euro or whatever figure is probably massively understated

Never forget that Monaco got Van Gaal to spend all the money on Martial

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

Lot 49 posted:

The people who broke the story on twitter said it was 70m Euro. Which is much more believable and a pretty fair price for an excellent player.

Yeah that sounds more accurate. Silva is really good, too, although I do wonder why they didn't spend that money on full-backs.

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

Jose posted:

It's a guardiola team

true, someone must have surplus midfielders that pep can slot in as fullbacks

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

blue footed boobie posted:

Mou loves him a defensively reliable winger.

They are to him what midfielders are to Pep

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

trem_two posted:

https://twitter.com/FabrizioRomano/status/869269841575915525
Assuming this actually happens tomorrow, this is a great get for Milan, and at a price that isn't really outrageous

yeah that's a pretty good deal, well done to Milan

Lyon apparently has been talking with Leverkusen about Chicharito, and they'll likely afford the asking price after Aulas finishes fleecing whoever for Lacazette this summer

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

Gigi Galli posted:

I actually think that Inter is just offering a better deal. No CL but a lot of freedom and already a pretty decent set of players. Their problem was absolutely management this year, if he can get the team motivated they'll be just fine.

you're not gonna have Roma fans hassling Spaletti's kids over his handling of Totti at Milan either, so that's probably a bonus

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

St. Etienne's allegedly been talking to Big Patrick Vieira about the vacant manager job. I think it's a step up from NYCFC but it's hard to say whether Vieira would do it :shrug:

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

Bea Nanner posted:

Vieira is well bought into the saudi ecosystem. I have a hard time seeing him leaving that money behind.

He might not even be a step up from Galtier, who somehow managed to get them a Cup win in the era of PSG turning the league into the Scottish league

It looks like Torino will not pick up Joe Hart and are looking at Big Salvatore Sirigu from PSG

EDIT: OM have put in an offer for Iker Casillas, and are negotiating with Crystal Palace to bring back Steve Mandanda. If neither of those go anywhere they'll stick with Yohann Pele, a 33-year-old with one season of Ligue 1 experience who nonetheless kept 15 clean sheets behind an absolutely appalling defence. Wild times.

Tokyo Sexwale fucked around with this message at 20:40 on May 30, 2017

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

TheBigAristotle posted:

Well, he is French.

It must have finally occurred to them that appeasing Thiago Silva by filling the team up with Brazilians will run afoul of CL's homegrown requirements

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

Bogan Krkic posted:

Maybe he just wants to stay so he can play in a good team

he needs a year to learn how to be a winger who tracks back before he's ready to play for Mourinho

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

Raiola says Marseille and Dortmund are both interested in Mario Balotelli. I'd love to see him at Marseille, but of course, we're unlikely to offer CL football any time soon. Still, anyone who can get under PSG's skin like that...

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

He should stay at Nice. He's just gotten his career back in track. Plus Nice are my best French team and I have loved them for many years.

He should, but Raiola is after those transfer fees (and therefore agent fees) so he's gotta go somewhere for a big offer.

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

Monaco doesn't have to sell him, they got City to shell out for Bernardo Silva and will probably get rid of either Fabinho or Bakayoko for a ludicrous fee

From what I'm hearing Mbappe wants playing time more than anything, which, 135m pounds or not, he's not likely to get a lot of at Madrid since (apparently?) Perez and Zidane still rate Benzema. I mean if I were Zidane I wouldn't start him, not yet.

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

Bacon Terrorist posted:

I don't understand why Wenger is apparently after Mbappe for all the millions when he could have Belotti for £87m (I know he won't spend that money on any player this is all theoretical)

Arsenal was good with the old Henry
Mbappe is believed to be 'the new Henry'
Arsenal signs Mbappe and then Arsenal is good again

But really Arsenal just has to get the word out that they're pursuing this player or that so they can look like they're serious about improving the team without having to spend shitloads of money. Kroenke would approve.

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

Dunban posted:

Supposedly Bayern are close to signing Corentin Tolisso from Lyon. Any Ligue 1 watchers here who've seen him play? What kind of player is he?

Lacazette gets most of the attention for scoring all the goals, but Tolisso is probably the best of Lyon's academy grads still at the club, since Umtiti went to Barcelona. He's a versatile midfielder who can also play at right-back when needed. I think he'd be a good signing.

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

Sandwolf posted:

I didn't even realize we'd been linked with him but I really don't want Steven loving N'Zonzi.

Yeah how would that improve your midfield, exactly?

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

Byolante posted:

It always confuses me to see a guy who was good but not great at Stoke now a target of CL finalists. How does that happen.

He could get it done on a cold wet Tuesday in Stoke, the highest barometer of quality.

I guess he's not worse than Khedira but that describes a lot of people :shrug:

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

wanna see Rooney leave United so I can see the United people go on about how he was never that good anyway

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

PSG will probably lose Verratti to Barcelona but on the plus side, it sounds like they just gave Thiago Motta another one-year extension!

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

Jose posted:

Ranieri was going to become Nantes manager but FFF rules don't allow clubs to hire managers who're 65+

They've done it before, on appeal - Guy Roux managed RC Lens a few years ago when he was 68, they just needed to get special approval

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

I'm worried that even though Napoli had been after him since forever we won't even get a quality meltdown from ADL

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

Gorn Myson posted:

Nah, Monaco, so he never has to pay tax again.

Yeah probably not PSG, Angel Di Maria did a tax fraud there so it'd be a bad time to try that

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

CyberPingu posted:

There's a die hard Man Utd & Real fan at work that was making GBS threads on Messi saying Ronald was the best because he didn't defraud his taxes.

He is now claiming its a conspiracy made up by the Spanish authorities

Yeah Spain is conspiring to keep down plucky underdogs Real Madrid

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

Hegay posted:

Funny how several Gestifute clients have had tax troubles. Maybe Mendes is not a cool rear end guy? Falcao blamed everything on Mendes so he has to go to court in ten days time. Pretty hard not to see a pattern when Mourinho, Cristiano, Falcao, Coentrao, Carvalho and Di Maria all had problems with the tax man.

Mendes involved in shady, illegal financial practices? Will wonders never cease.

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

Nice Matin is reporting that Mario Balotelli has re-upped with Nice, contract length unconfimed, and will make it official on Tuesday

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

Surely it would be too much to ask to sanction Raiola too

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

Bea Nanner posted:

Giroud can't win a title on his own. Except the French one.

I think you'll find that owed as much to *checks Wikipedia* Vitorino Hilton, Geoffrey Jourden, Younes Belhanda and Remy Cabella?

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

EAT FASTER!!!!!! posted:

Lacazette is real class and I can't believe the loving frogs don't rate him in the national team what a crock of poo poo

Olivier Giroud has scored a bewilderingly high number of goals for the national team after Benzema got suspended, I don't understand how either.

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

Jose posted:

its because he's really good and wasted at arsenal

didier deschamps, a better manager than wenger? checks out op

but in the last two years he's had 14 goals in 19 matches, one of the best runs for a French striker pretty much ever.

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

He's quite good if you just smash balls into the goal off his forehead and don't expect him to outrun any defenders.

that doesn't sound like the beautiful poetry of Arsenal! Where are the shifting triangles, appearing and disappearing?

Monaco signed Jordy Gaspar from Lyon - a youth product who couldn't find playing time despite Lyon having one of the worst left-backs in the league, Jeremy Morel.

Despite their keeper keeping 15 clean sheets behind one of the worst defenses I can remember seeing in his (so far) only season of Ligue 1, OM wants to bring back Steven Mandanda if the price is right. I love Mandanda and all but if Yohann Pele can do that well behind a defense that poor, what could he do behind a more passable defense, I wonder.

Ousmane Dembele has been approached by PSG, lol. If he wants a step up he'd be better off staying at Dortmund.

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

Buncha places saying that Arsenal have made a bid for Thomas Lemar.

35M Euros, apparently - Monaco turned it down. They already let Bernardo Silva go for 70, I assume (possibly incorrectly) it'll take more than that.

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

Marseille's striker targets this year are allegedly Olivier Giroud and Wilfried Bony, and they passed on Gabigol after being contacted by his agent. So, much like Riyad Mahrez, expect Gabigol to be the Serie A's best player next year

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

Akileese posted:

It's pretty early over here so I was wondering why the gently caress he was holding a Boca Juniors kit in front of a PSG logo.

Also why all the talk about Giroud leaving Arsenal? He said he's staying, the club said he's staying, and in a league like the Premier League you definitely need a striker like him for some matches. It's really bizarre.

One person makes it up, or hears it from a friend of a friend of Giroud's and then it just takes off. It's like how Dimitri Payet would keep telling people his family missed the south coast of France and didn't like London and hadn't adapted to living there, but he was definitely going to Arsenal.

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

Eau de MacGowan posted:

balotelli and ben arfa on the same team, what could go wrong

finally, an entertaining team in south France

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

Gigi Galli posted:

Actually this owns.

This however, is poo poo.

Verratti is already a massive oval office, this is just his way of announcing it to the world outside of France where everyone's known it for years

But seriously, Ben Arfa would be a good buy for Nice since Belhanda went back to Dynamo Kyiv.

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

wicka posted:

Just like [club] would absolutely not sell [player] who they then sold a week later. Everyone has a price.

And Monaco's are highly inflated.

Not saying Lemar isn't going but Monaco is likely asking for more than Arsenal's willing to pay

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

PirateBob posted:

La Liga accusing PSG of financial doping. They say it's unfair for Spanish clubs to compete again state-backed clubs like PSG (Qatar)

:qq: Won't someone think of the Barcas and Madrids :qq:

Madrid offering 130m for Kylian Mbappe after one good season: normal, the natural order of things, cool and good
PSG offering 222m for Neymar: :qq:

also, lol that Madrid isn't state-backed in at least some capacity

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

NTRabbit posted:

Breaking News: La Liga has rejected an attempt by lawyers for Barcelona forward Neymar to pay his buyout clause of 222m euros (£198m). Spanish media say La Liga officials believe PSG are violating Uefa's Financial Fair Play (FFP) rules.

This hissy fit from Barcelona and La Liga is hilarious :munch:

if financial giants PSG can just go around tapping up players from plucky underdogs Barcelona, football is dead OP

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

Neymar's level of cuntishness proves he's perfect for PSG

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

Akileese posted:

Qatar has the World Cup in 2022, something FIFA authorized so I'm pretty sure they don't give a poo poo about what Qatar does.

if Platini were still in charge La Liga would have zero chance at any kind of favour from UEFA

• Locked thread