Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
who is the biggest fail club
This poll is closed.
arsenal 9223372036854775807 100.00%
not arsenal 1 0.00%
Total: 23 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Meat Wagon
Jul 14, 2004
I like how the Rooney to Stoke rumour is all like bet365 will pay for it. As if the reporter has only just found out that the Coates family own bet365.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meat Wagon
Jul 14, 2004
Stoke are apparently signing big shitter Darren Fletcher. Good to see we're commited to bringing the average age of the team down.

Meat Wagon
Jul 14, 2004

EvilHawk posted:

It was a real poo poo day for Liverpoo

It's the 6th of June. Settle down.

Meat Wagon
Jul 14, 2004
I missed it earlier but Arnautovic has handed in a transfer request. Think I'm going to cry.

Meat Wagon
Jul 14, 2004
Palace have apparently agreed a fee for Bruno Martins Indi. I'll be really hosed off if this happens. Stoke had an option to buy for around £8m that expired on the 1st July yet somehow we can't seem to push the deal through. SSN reported earlier in the week that everything was sorted between Stoke and Martins Indi and he was due for a medical this week, now Palace have arrived from nowhere. If we lose out then someone wants firing.

Meat Wagon
Jul 14, 2004

Jose posted:

hughes wanted firing ages ago

Agreed but I was thinking more of the CEO and whoever else handles transfers. We effectively had a deal in place to sign him for £8m and now we find ourselves either losing him or having to spend £12+m to have a chance at signing him. Its sheer incompetence.

Meat Wagon
Jul 14, 2004

Tortuga posted:

24 mil for Arnautivic lol. They could have got the real Zlatan for that.

Arnautovic is great. When championship players and big teams 4th choice players are going for £10-20m then paying whatever for a premier league rivals best player isn't really massive. Still pissed off he's going. Only silver lining is that Sobhi may actually get some games in his preferred position, I'd like to see how good he actually is.

Meat Wagon
Jul 14, 2004
Burnley seem desperate to stockpile Stoke cast offs. They've now signed Phil Bardsley. I would have preferred to keep Bardsley and gently caress off Glen Johnson though. Bardsley actually wants to play football unlike Johnson.

Meat Wagon
Jul 14, 2004
Newcastle have had a bid rejected by Stoke for Joselu according to the local paper. It'd be a bit daft to sell him seeing as though he is the only one that is scoring for us right now.

Meat Wagon
Jul 14, 2004

TwoDogs1Cup posted:

I can't be bothered to link the article on mobile, but PSG apparently told Atlético to accept a 60m bid for Oblak or they'll trigger his 110m release clause lol

I don't get it. Wouldn't Atletico get the full 110m from the release clause? Why would they accept less? Does some of it go to the league instead?

Meat Wagon
Jul 14, 2004
Stoke are going to replace Arnautovic with Jean-Eric Maxim Choupo-Moting. I don't know anything about him apart from him having 5 names and he's on a free. Is he any good?

Meat Wagon
Jul 14, 2004

Healbot posted:

He's mediocre as gently caress and expensive, so a perfect fit for Stoke and the Premier League.

He's a free transfer though. Anyway Stoke aren't mediocre, we're poo poo.

Meat Wagon
Jul 14, 2004

trem_two posted:

Many places are reporting that Lemina to Southampton for €20m will be finalized in the next couple of days. I'm actually disappointed to see him leave Juve, but it is at least decent business.

It'll be good to see how he does as a starter.

Sky reported last week that Stoke had made a bid for him. I don't know whether we were originally in for him and hosed it up or that Jim White is a retard and doesn't know the difference between teams that play in red and white stripes. I really hope its the latter because if we were after him and lost out I will be extremely unhappy let me tell you!

Meat Wagon
Jul 14, 2004
You're all just jealous that you haven't been invited to guest star on the traffordcast.

In transfer news Stoke have signed chumbawamba Choupo-Moting and we might finally be close to signing Bruno Martins Indi!

Meat Wagon
Jul 14, 2004

Bacon Terrorist posted:

Isn't Martins Indi hella old now?

He's 25

Meat Wagon
Jul 14, 2004
Stoke are bringing in Jese Rodriguez on a season long loan. I remember him being a big deal for like a day, is he still any good?

Joselu also looks like he's finally on his way to Newcastle for £5m. I don't know why we're selling him when he's easily better than loving Berahino, at least he's scored for the club.

Meat Wagon
Jul 14, 2004

Jose posted:

is joselu any good? i mean stoke are selling him so that makes me think he's poo poo

Can't really give you much of an idea seeing as though he hasn't really been given the chance at Stoke. There were some stats when he signed here that he won the most aerial duels in the german league but he was a bit too lightweight to be the big bruiser targetman in england, at least from what I've seen. He does get in good positions though and he can score so I don't think it'll be a disastrous signing for newcastle, especially at £5m. I like his waving cat goal celebration.

Meat Wagon
Jul 14, 2004
Jese to Stoke on a season long loan is a Done Deal!

https://twitter.com/stokecity/status/897729685202886664
Complete with embarrassing twitter video that whines about the media saying Stoke are unambitious. I don't know how to embed tweets.

Meat Wagon
Jul 14, 2004

TwoDogs1Cup posted:

I'd need inspiration if I had to live in Stoke tbh

Ummm Stoke is the european city of culture 202something. A top top city full of culture, betting stores, pound shops and ASBOs. A lovely place. Someone rescue me from this hellhole.

Meat Wagon
Jul 14, 2004
I always thought Matuidi was a white guy. This thread has blown my mind.

Meat Wagon
Jul 14, 2004
Mr Potato personally hands it to them

Meat Wagon
Jul 14, 2004
Stoke are apparently close to signing Kevin Wimmer for £15m. Seems a bit excessive for him and I don't know how he'll fit into the team , we already have Shawcross, Martins Indi and Zouma playing in a back three.

Meat Wagon
Jul 14, 2004
Kevin Wimmer to Stoke is a done deal. £15m rising to 18m. I don't understand this deal at all. Almost a club record signing for a centre back when we've already got 3 good ones. Only thing I can think of is that we're going to try Zouma as a DM.

Meat Wagon
Jul 14, 2004
Krychowiak is going to go to west brom lol

Meat Wagon
Jul 14, 2004
I don't get how he improves liverpool at all

Meat Wagon
Jul 14, 2004
Stoke have maybe kinda given up on signing delph after chasing him for the entirety of the transfer window. Can't say I'm too bothered, his injury record since moving to city is awful and I don't think signing a midfielder is a priority right now. We're crying out for a rwb (and probably a striker) but a few journos are saying our transfer business is now done.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meat Wagon
Jul 14, 2004
Bojan has gone to Alaves on loan. He looked so so good until he did his cruciate ligament. Hasn't been the same since :cry:

• Locked thread