Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bird.

I never thought I would revisit this sphere of my life until I walked into a farmer's market last week and found a stand selling locally made, ethically sourced, and naturally formulated Artisinal Gak, with a gooey consistency and light green color completely true to the original. It brought me back.

When I was a kid I would watch Wh-wh-what-what-what would you do? and yip with glee when the Gak poured down like tar over the kids faces, but now, I, as an adult with a sense of restraint, only need to pour a small bouquet glass of Portland's best artisanal Gak over a young child while I watch the Netflix spiritual successor to Double Dare/documentary, "Triple Dare???: The Mark Summers Story" to relive that childhood magic.

The future is amazing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darkman Fanpage
keep portland gak'd

google THIS

Yes, I am currently squeezing my organic, CFC-free Floam from a company that personally knows and inspects the styrofoam pellet farms from which they source their materials to make sure the workers are fairly compensated and operate in safe, hygienic conditions. Do-do-do-do they have it? (Guts?) Yes, they do.

Twenty Four

hows it taste?

Impkins Patootie

is that that tea with the mushrooms growing in it? idk ive heard that can cause oregon damage or something :shroom:

bird.

Twenty Four posted:

hows it taste?

like cough syrup, but not your dayquil style cough syrup im talking that old timey fancy cough syrup that comes in a rectangular glass bottle.

Impkins Patootie

BrownianMotion posted:

like cough syrup, but not your dayquil style cough syrup im talking that old timey fancy cough syrup that comes in a rectangular glass bottle.

actually that comes in a styrofoam cup(s) these days

its a p good all around remedy as well as nitecap or if u in the mood to listen to some Tribe

little munchkin
this has been a thing for a long time, op https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/we-talked-to-instagrams-most-popular-slimers

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

bird.

Whoa it's real holy poo poo

Sensual Simian

summer jorts
is this actually about heroin? if so, that's hosed up.

any other PDXers wanna come get drunk with me at the cheerful bullpen? bring your gak so we can talk DoubleDare and the good ol' days!

bird.

phallocentriloquist posted:

any other PDXers wanna come get drunk with me at the cheerful bullpen? bring your gak so we can talk DoubleDare and the good ol' days!

No it's way dirtier than that its about watching green slime splosh onto peoples heads and slowly slide down their faces.... when they least expect it!

Impkins Patootie

omg so the Lisa Frank lookin free drugs that DARE warned me about are actually real?! Colour me surprised.

Munchables

Ask/tell me about legal cannibalism

Wtf, portland yob meet and nobody told me??

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

whaaaaaaat artisanal gak?

phallocentriloquist posted:

i'll bring my goosebumps and my glow floam.

Sensual Simian

summer jorts
I had a stretch Armstrong, 2 Ninja Turtles, and my favorite Animorphs story (the one where Tobias changes into a bird forever) but nobody showed up and I got drunk on weak rear end whisky sodas.

Munchables

What's the appeal/point of mixing whiskey with stuff?

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Munchables posted:

idk, when i drank it always made me feel bad for the perfectly nice whiskey and other stuff.

if you're gonna drink, why not drink it straight? i don't like things mixed with pappy tbh.

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

i was taking out the trash by new apartment and the dumpster was banging weird and making some humming noises--so I checked it out, and there's a god drat bootleg gak lab in the dumpster

who do i report this to in multnomah co????????????? we cant have these gak labs tearing our neighborhoods apart!!!!

Scroon

Munchables posted:

Think about it from the perspective of all the poor stuff that is not whiskey

Mixing with whiskey is that stuff's chance at a better plane of existence

byob historian

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!

King of the Beach posted:

omg so the Lisa Frank lookin free drugs that DARE warned me about are actually real?! Colour me surprised.

lisa franks photorealism is underrated

Impkins Patootie

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EoDrtujxPx8

mrbradlymrmartin posted:

lisa franks photorealism is underrated

I agree sir.

Impkins Patootie fucked around with this message at 20:27 on May 29, 2017

Sensual Simian

summer jorts
well whiskey is not tasty. also, "I'll have a whiskey soda" sounds cool, simultaneously distinguished and edgy.

Munchables

Actually whiskey is tasty :colbert:

Sensual Simian

summer jorts
cheap whiskey does not taste very good but I also see your point and agree. am I wrong in thinking that the cheap stuff is often referred to as "well"? have I been ordering wrong for 13 years now? does my mother know?

drat I wish I had some gak and one of those little plastic containers so I could make rad fart noises with it right now.

Twenty Four

Yeah "well" is the cheap stuff, both by quality and price. It isn't "ordering wrong" just going for the frugal option. If a place has weak pours like you said you had, you might not notice a big difference anyhow since it is mostly going to be soda/mixer.

On the other hand, getting a mixed drink with a really good and expensive alchohol seems way worse to me and a waste, because if it is that good it probably should be enjoyed on its own, or with just a little ice.

Stuff in the middle, is, well, in the middle.

Now, when it comes to Gak, I would only recommend the purest Artisinal Gak. You can't just pour a bunch of cola on cheap Gak to make it serviceable like you can with cheap whiskey.

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

what whiskey mixes well with artisanal pink, blue and purple sparkle gak please? i got it from slimeberry farms at the hollywood farmers' market yesterday and i'm a little lost...

Twenty Four

Eugene V. Dabs posted:

what whiskey mixes well with artisanal pink, blue and purple sparkle gak please? i got it from slimeberry farms at the hollywood farmers' market yesterday and i'm a little lost...

Gak Daniels

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Twenty Four posted:

Gak Daniels

i was thinking Blob Creek, but Gak Daniels might be cheap enough...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

h34rts

I drink coffee because
I need it and I drink gin
because I deserve it.
This thread legit made my day. ty. :neckbeard:

"Anyone who lives within their means lacks imagination." - Oscar Wilde

• Locked thread