Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar
The united lounge in london wouldn't let me in once because I wasn't in "proper attire" in jeans and a tshirt so I unpacked a polo shirt and they let me in. gently caress you, who cares what I'm wearing I want to get drunk at 8 in the morning. It was alright.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

The Walrus posted:

I was at a hotel in dubai and goit to chill in the executive lounge for a while, ate a massive pile of koftas and enjoyed multiple highball glasses filled with gin and ice, which is I guess a 'double' over there

edit: oh this is all free btw, makes no sense when you're rich stuff is free, what a world

I never got why if you were rich and could go pretty much anywhere, you'd go to a place like Dubai to blow your money. Why not somewhere nicer like Zurich or Oslo or something?

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

The Walrus posted:

frrom what I can tell it's like vegas and they take very great care and pride in making you feel more rich and important than you actually are

yeah but you're in the middle east and I'd probably end up with my hands chopped off for some offense or another regardless of how much money I have.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

Another time I was in the lounge a family was video chatting with someone without headphones and I told one of the attendants they were disturbing me and they got bitched at for not following the rules that require headphones or to go into one of the designated shut off rooms. I didn't really care but it felt good to see them do that to make my getting drunk experience more pleasant.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

null posted:

What's their policy on jorts? Asking for a friend.

Pretty sure shorts in general were out of the question. They said "business casual", but jeans+polo shirt isn't really that so I think as long as you bend a little to make them feel powerful they'll let you in. It was still ridiculous, I mean I was paying like 3000 dollars for a ticket, the least they could do was let me drink a lot in my clothing of choice.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

I.C. posted:

I don't think I've ever been in an airport lounge. You are talking about the places you can only go if you have an expensive ticket or are part of some sort of program, right?

I've been in those weird all-glass rooms you can smoke cigarettes in once. That was not magical, but it was pretty weird!

You can buy a day pass to most of them but otherwise you have to either be in their mileage program. I get 2 day passes a year with my united card, and I think as you move up in the mileage tiers you can get more and they probably won't yell at you as much if you want to wear a tshirt.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

Snatch Duster posted:

You're a loving pussy.

Sorry for expecting people to follow the rules, I guess? :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

Robo Reagan posted:

have you never been on an 8+ hour flight?

This. I mean, you're stuck in a box that smells of your neighbor's body odor for half a day and you pretty much can't move. Even if you're not claustrophobic or anything like that it's not an enjoyable experience. Drinking is like time traveling. It's not hard to understand why people like to get hammered for long flights (especially in coach).

• Locked thread