Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
cda

by Hand Knit
cation by an organization calling itself the First Independent Church of Scientology, which was denied a trademark because it was deemed an infringement of the Church of Scientology's existing trademark. Among the arguments made in the response is that "scientology" is now a generic term. A BYOB thread was cited in support of this claim (the thread starts on page 89 if you don't want to read the rest)

http://religiouslibertyleague.org/Response%20TM%20Denial%20re%20Logo.pdf

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cda

by Hand Knit

the O in that gif is straight fuckin with me

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

cda

by Hand Knit

Plebian Parasite posted:

truly, this is the scientology of court cases

----------------

cda

by Hand Knit
bodyforwife.com ftw

----------------

cda

by Hand Knit
in case you don't get that, a website called bodyforwife.com is also cited as why scientology is a generic term, because of an article entitled "paleo is the scientology of diets." If you like that article you might also like another article from bodyforwife.com: "gently caress You and Your Cargo Shorts Hate"

----------------

cda

by Hand Knit

City of Glompton posted:

where is the thread please

e I know I can find it in the legal filing i was just hoping to see it here, too

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3786008

----------------

cda

by Hand Knit
it's a pretty good thread. the link in the OP is lol

----------------

cda

by Hand Knit

precision posted:

nathan for you taught me that all you have to do is put a modifier word in front of the trademark and you're fine, there fore he should have called it "the first church of dumb scientology"

if you read the document thats their first argument, which is that since they call it the INDEPENDENT chuch of scientology it's not the same as the church of scientology

----------------

cda

by Hand Knit
chuch

----------------

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cda

by Hand Knit

gently caress. marry. t-rex posted:

Another byob success story

Pretty much the only one

• Locked thread